MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index
 FAQ & Terms of UseFAQ & Terms Of Use   Wiggler RadioMW Radio   Muff Wiggler TwitterTwitter   Support the site @ PatreonPatreon 
 SearchSearch   RegisterSign up   Log inLog in 
WIGGLING 'LITE' IN GUEST MODE

ModularGrid
MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index -> Modular Synth General Discussion Goto page 1, 2  Next [all]
Author ModularGrid
Hiptoepotemus
So I have read through some of the other posts about this subject, which are a bit dated now. I assume modular grid is still down for safari users, or is the site down permanently?

Is there another option or site that provides a similar function. I am not interested in changing how my browser works or doing any work arounds that may compromise my system.
m0d
modulargrid works great for me with Safari and Firefox.
rokmodular
They have occasional downs every now and then, just wait a few hours.
Kent
Works fine on my Mac and iPad.
mousegarden
Working fine on everything here...I pad etc, London UK Sun eve...
syncretism
I find that the Serge interface prompts me to "clean up the mess" and jacks up my panel arrangements often, but it's always been available with no special plugins required in Safari for Mac here.
Hiptoepotemus
It isn't intermittent, it flat doesn't work. I am on the newest OS, and fully updated. Does not work. It will not establish a secure connection, as per the other forum topic about this. I am also in NE America. Kind of a shame.
hellfeatures
yes i just tried to log in on safari, latest OS etc.. no dice
works fine on firefox though
shame, its a great site
Infinity Curve
syncretism wrote:
I find that the Serge interface prompts me to "clean up the mess" and jacks up my panel arrangements often, but it's always been available with no special plugins required in Safari for Mac here.

Ha, never realized there was anything but euro on modular grid, never noticed the tab to change format.

That being said, no issue on the site for me either
m0d
Hiptoepotemus, are you referring to this thread?
https://www.muffwiggler.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=69559&start=1350

What does your browser console report?

Have you contacted him/them about it? From what I gather in that thread, solitud is the contact.
Hiptoepotemus
It says safari can't open page because it can't establish a secure connection. Maybe its something to do with the latest OS on Mac? I don't have add-ons, or anything blocking anything, the site just doesn't work, nor has it worked for quite a while (for me), since about the time they started having their troubles and made changes.
m0d
It sounds like something I read about cert compatibility with the new OS (I haven't upgraded). Either the latest macOS Nanny is trying to keep you safe from yourself or it is broken. If you are comfortable with tweaking your security/keychain settings, you can probably set it to trust that cert/site.

I'd look into it a little more before doing anything. I don't even know if this is the same issue. But on the surface it does sound like it is cert-related, not about the code/content of the site.
bimbom
I tried setting up an account , supposed to get emails but got nothing.
Will try again at some point.
Zerius
work fine for me
HIMA
Just saw on FB he was executing a server upgrade.
Siete
Working cool on Chrome over Win10 for me already.
sduck
It works fine on my brand new macbook pro running the latest version OS and safari.
keyofsalvador
Not working on Safari on my iMac running Sierra. My older iPhone works fine, thankfully!
solitud
Better to post those questions in the old thread, because I get notified there:
https://www.muffwiggler.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=69559

ModularGrid had some bad luck the last months:

* we were affected end October when Dyn was attacked
http://dyn.com/blog/dyn-statement-on-10212016-ddos-attack/

* our SSL certificate was broken by GlobalSign 13. Oct
http://www.theregister.co.uk/2016/10/13/globalsigned_off/

* MG was down Oct 20 because the hoster moved to another datacenter.
That was totally my fault, I did not read the announcement email because I thought it was spam meh

* MG was down Nov 29 because we got a bigger/better server. That was planned, though.

I test ModularGrid on Safari, Firefox and Chrome always in the latest versions.
The site is accessible ONLY via SSL/https. It should always be save and it is not necessary to tinker any browser settings.
solitud
bimbom wrote:
I tried setting up an account , supposed to get emails but got nothing.

If it is still not working: do not use any autocomplete function to fill out the form on registration.
Enter data in every field manually.
IstvanM
Anyone else notice the new feature that shows how much HP is left between modules? Pretty cool Mr. Green
Fiddlestickz
why would anyone use safari for web browsing when there are so many other better browsers..?
syncretism
Fiddlestickz wrote:
why would anyone use safari for web browsing when there are so many other better browsers..?

I like the integration with my iPhone.
jmelland
I'm having a lot of trouble using modulargrid lately on a mac in firefox safar and chrome. it is super super slow when moving a module around. It feels like some kind of browser plugin error. Is there a special plugin it uses that I need to make sure to update?
solitud
jmelland wrote:
Is there a special plugin it uses that I need to make sure to update?

No, you just need a browser, Chrome should be the fastest. The speed depends on the amount of modules in a rack too.
MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index -> Modular Synth General Discussion Goto page 1, 2  Next [all]
Page 1 of 2