MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index
 FAQ & Terms of UseFAQ & Terms Of Use   Wiggler RadioMW Radio   Muff Wiggler TwitterTwitter   Support the site @ PatreonPatreon 
 SearchSearch   RegisterSign up   Log inLog in 
WIGGLING 'LITE' IN GUEST MODE

Expert Sleepers ES-1 pre-order thread
MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index -> Expert Sleepers Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next [all]
Author Expert Sleepers ES-1 pre-order thread
os
Analog>Plugins wrote:
Could I have this type of connector for the power?

I'm afraid I can only supply Doepfer-style power leads.
Analog>Plugins
That's cool I can do an A-Team special (as long as I'm locked in a room with a welder by bad guys) and get it to fit. 15volts should be ok to run this though, pretty sure you've already told me the answer though....memory like a fish.
os
All ES-1s have now been shipped. I'd really appreciate some feedback from those who've bought them. If all is well, I'll then make another (larger) batch.
Weston Underwood
Thanks. Can I have one of the jack version please?

Looks like I may be in for a long wait!

Best wishes

Mike
jules
To the lucky first ones:
Please, some feedback asap.
So we can also get ours grin
goiks
just received mine today, unfortunately no time to get set up and play until i finish a case and some boats for someone. can't wait though...
Analog>Plugins
Received mine, but it's going to take a while to wire it up to my Oakley power supply and also solder some jacks in (couldn't afford the full jack version....plus have loads of the things kicking about).

Looks very nicely put together though......I have full faith that this will work.
terrafractyl
jules wrote:
To the lucky first ones:
Please, some feedback asap.
So we can also get ours grin

yeah! c'mon already help
JP
Mines at post office, should be picking up tomorrow and plug it in in the evening.
Malekko
jacks please
Gordon Cole
Malekko wrote:
jacks please

one of us one of us
Gordon Cole
I've gotten mine, it works as it should. If you use a computer theres no question - this is the way to go.
os
Gordon Cole wrote:
I've gotten mine, it works as it should. If you use a computer theres no question - this is the way to go.

Great to hear! w00t

You're using it DC-coupled, right? Anyone up & running with an AC-coupled rig?
Malekko
bsmith wrote:
DB-25 8 channel snake like this:
http://stores.channeladvisor.com/daleproaudio/items/item.aspx?itemid=2 348792

ooooooooh, change mine to DB-25 please

(hey Brandon nanners )
Malekko
Gordon Cole wrote:
Malekko wrote:
jacks please

one of us one of us

This made me actually laugh out loud!!
gooble gobble gooble gobble
JP
Finally got mine from the post office. Still at work. But my first feedback, man the PCB has a lot more going on that I thought would be in there. I figured this was just a replacement for those bits that were added to the jacks to make them work. But hell no, this thing is way more complex.

Can't wait to try this out tonight.
Gordon Cole
os wrote:
Gordon Cole wrote:

Great to hear! w00t

You're using it DC-coupled, right? Anyone up & running with an AC-coupled rig?

yep motu 2408 mkii
os
JP wrote:
I figured this was just a replacement for those bits that were added to the jacks to make them work. But hell no, this thing is way more complex.

Indeed, it goes way beyond the simple modified cable idea first presented when the whole AC Encoder thing got going. I thought that was clear, but perhaps I need to make more of this in my blurbs.
haricots
when will the next batch be available? can i get on a list? i plan on building it into a 5u faceplate so I won't need 3.5mm jacks.
haricots
Module only please.
os
Next batch is at least 4 weeks away (that's the lead time once I decide to manufacture). This is the list - state your preference for jack, DB25 or module only and you're done.
os
haricots wrote:
Yes, I would a jack version (all 1/4" if possible, without faceplate). smile

You would probably want the module only version, and sort out the jacks yourself. It gets too complicated if I try to exactly cater to everyone's individual requirements.

NB the 3.5mm jacks are fixed to the PCB. There's no option for 1/4" output jacks. I may be able to make some modules with no output jacks at all - I'll have to check that that doesn't scupper the cost-effectiveness of the whole batch.

If need be I'm sure you can remove the 3.5mm jack sockets, or just ignore them.
JP
If you'd like feedback on the module itself, I have two things that stand out to me:

A: There's no LED feedback, you have a lovely see thru faceplate and no lights, ideally I'd love to see a tiny LED for each channel that has active communication going on. I spent a good portion of last night convinced mine module was plugged in backwards or that I'd fried it, as some of the early proto videos had leds.

B: some hello world tutorials, idiot simple, lowest level possible, just something that someone who gets one and has never used silent way can get up and running in 15 minutes. After 2 hours last night I'd only managed to get the dc encoder work making a Osc change, but I was trashing about and just trying stuff for a long time.

Other than those, I see huge potential with this setup.
os
Thanks for the feedback.

A: that would be a simple mod, but I decided against including LEDs simply to keep the cost down. When I get a moment I'll write up what to solder to where to have an LED per channel.

B: yes, good idea. Though I generally try to reply to forum posts within minutes, time zones permitting. Always ask if you're stuck.

So you're using the ES-1 in its AC-coupled configuration? What's the rest of your setup?
JP
os wrote:

So you're using the ES-1 in its AC-coupled configuration? What's the rest of your setup?

I am not entirely sure. :-). How do you find tat out?

I tried last night using a lexicon I-onix but I can make it an aggregate device in osx, so I couldn't think how to do audio out to the es1, and audio out of the synth back into ableton so I could run the calibration. Need to get my dedicated out USB interface so I can keep the outs and in separate.

I'll play around again later and post questions as I hit them.

Is ac mode the default jumper setting? Also do I need to do the ac vst before or after the other control vsts in that abelton track?

I'd love to know where to solder LEDs, I have avfeeling it'll make the clean faceplate look awesome.

Thanks again, by the way.
MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index -> Expert Sleepers Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next [all]
Page 4 of 8