MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index
 FAQ & Terms of UseFAQ & Terms Of Use   Wiggler RadioMW Radio   Muff Wiggler TwitterTwitter   Support the site @ PatreonPatreon 
 SearchSearch   RegisterSign up   Log inLog in 
WIGGLING 'LITE' IN GUEST MODE

Expert Sleepers ES-1 pre-order thread
MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index -> Expert Sleepers  
Author Expert Sleepers ES-1 pre-order thread
os
Edit - this thread is no longer active.

ES-1s are currently (Sept 14th 2010) out of stock. When stock comes back in purchasing will be via an online store and via Analogue Haven (http://analoghaven.com/expertsleepers/es-1/).

cheers,
os.

----------------

Please post below to register your interest in one of the first batch (of 15) ES-1 modules, which should be ready for shipping towards the end of June.

All the details are here:
http://www.expert-sleepers.co.uk/es1.html

Prices will be:
* DB25 inputs - (edit: see below)
* Jack inputs - (edit: see below)
* Module only (no panel or input connectors) - £85

Postage will be £5 in the UK, £10 in the rest of the world.

Payment will be by PayPal only. Note - no money will be taken at this point. This will be just a statement of interest. Only when I have the units in my possession, tested and working will I accept actual orders.

The prices above are in UK Pounds. PayPal will convert your local currency in pounds for you.

The main point of this is to know how many of each variant (jack, DB25) to make.

Please continue to post even if all 15 have gone - if the first posters let me down, I'll use this thread as a waiting list. It would also be useful to have an idea of how many more might be required in the future.

Thanks for your interest!

Edit: The first batch is now long gone. This thread is now a generic pre-order thread.

Edit: The Jack version is now £130. See https://www.muffwiggler.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=19144

Edit: From 11/8/2010 the DB25 version's MSRP is £110. Pre-orders taken before this date will honour the old price.
loopt
Sign me up.
I would definitely take a ES-1 DB25.
Parametex
Yessssiiirrr ...

I'd gladly take the db25-connector model if you would be so kind ,)

Cheers,
Px
artvader
I´m in. DB25.

Jon
jln
I am interested in a module only

best,
julien

PS: just in case, does it require strong soldering experience ? Or is it just a matter of soldering connectors on the board ?
Ekofisk
One please.

Jack connectors.

Thanks!
suthnear
1 x jacks please, ta.
numbertalk
Put me down for 1x module-only!
Analog>Plugins
I have a 2408mk3 Motu soundcard, I do need a bit more voltage to fully open the filter on the Pro 1 and Odyssey.

Just to confirm, this module is just to boost voltages and not so you can use any soundcard that is not DC coupled (I think not Dc coupled is correct for cards like the ADA8000).

If this module would suit my 2408mk3 then put me down for just the module (as I'll wire it direct to the patch bay).
ndkent
I'd like one with jacks. Thanks.
goiks
one db-25 please.
Gordon Cole
jacks please
toothless_wonder
+ 1 for jacks !!
jonat8han
1 x DB25 & 1 x Module only for me, thx
tj
sign me up for one ES-1 DB25 please. Guinness ftw!
decaying.sine
one ES-1 with jack inputs please.
JP
Jacks please grin
bsmith
aaargh 1x db25 but am i late?!!!

waah waah waah
a100user
Jack unit please
os
Analog>Plugins wrote:
Just to confirm, this module is just to boost voltages and not so you can use any soundcard that is not DC coupled (I think not Dc coupled is correct for cards like the ADA8000).

It performs both of these roles.
MrManson
I'm in for a Jack version nanners
os
jln wrote:
PS: just in case, does it require strong soldering experience ? Or is it just a matter of soldering connectors on the board ?

The output jacks are supplied soldered onto the board; the input connector is on a 26 way header, like this:
http://www.rapidonline.com/sku.aspx?tier1=Cables+%26+Connectors&tier2= Connectors+-+Multipole&tier3=IDC+Connectors&tier4=Straight+boxed+heade rs&moduleno28899&catref=19-0520

So to connect the inputs, you need some ribbon cable and an IDC plug, like this:
http://www.rapidonline.com/sku.aspx?tier1=Cables+%26+Connectors&tier2= Connectors+-+Multipole&tier3=IDC+Connectors&tier4=Cable+mounting+socke t&moduleno63686&catref=19-0315

Or, unsolder the header and wire the inputs directly to the PCB. I wouldn't recommend that though.
wobblewomp
jacks please x1
Monobass
module only please.
Monobass
hey.. sound on sound got your url wrong

http://www.soundonsound.com/news?NewsID=12865
os
Good spot, thanks!
chinard
im in for DB25 w00t
whyterabbyt
can you add me to the list, please : jack sockets
decaying.sine
just in time. w00t
dr funk
Me too (if there's room for one more)! Jack sockets please... thumbs up

Frank
nanotone
One please with Jack connectors.

Thanks!
vanwulpen
One please DB25
wxyz
please put me on the waiting list for a DB25
LEVLHED
Let me know when I can get a version w/jacks please.
numan7
os wrote:
Please continue to post even if all 15 have gone - if the first posters let me down, I'll use this thread as a waiting list. It would also be useful to have an idea of how many more might be required in the future.

please add me to the backup / 2nd run pool - I am interested in getting either 2 modules with the db25 connector or 2 of the barebones kits (if for some reason you ran out of parts for db25 version).
authorless
Looks awesome, though I can't really spend the money on one right now. If/when you do a second run I may be in for a jack version.
Arnoid
Isn't there a possibility to buy only the pcb ?
toothless_wonder
will you PM us when we can pay for this ?
Tjech
I'll take a jack version too.

Cheers!
Vinylhijack
i´ll take one with the jack out!!
great idea by the way....
greetz,

dennis
music778
I'm in for Module Only. Thanks.
jln
os wrote:

The output jacks are supplied soldered onto the board; the input connector is on a 26 way header, like this:
http://www.rapidonline.com/sku.aspx?tier1=Cables+%26+Connectors&tier2= Connectors+-+Multipole&tier3=IDC+Connectors&tier4=Straight+boxed+heade rs&moduleno28899&catref=19-0520

So to connect the inputs, you need some ribbon cable and an IDC plug, like this:
http://www.rapidonline.com/sku.aspx?tier1=Cables+%26+Connectors&tier2= Connectors+-+Multipole&tier3=IDC+Connectors&tier4=Cable+mounting+socke t&moduleno63686&catref=19-0315

Sorry for late reply. Thanks for the informations. This sounds good.

Julien
janvanvolt
Hi,

one Module only (no panel or input connectors)
for me please :-)

--jan
numan7
i may have sent a pm last week. but in case not, please add me to the waiting list for 2 * db25 version.
Ankh
I'll have a jack version too.
Prunesquallor
Hi guys,

Line me up for a DB25 version.

It'll be the first step for me in this modular beesniss.
os
Arnoid wrote:
Isn't there a possibility to buy only the pcb ?

Not this time, sorry. In the future, that's the plan.
os
toothless_wonder wrote:
will you PM us when we can pay for this ?

Yes. I'll post an update here too.
analogaddict
...please sign me up for a jack version! It's peanut butter jelly time!
Gordon Cole
ffwd to :22

know what I'm sayin

os
I'm waiting too - for delivery of the modules. I have the panels, but they're not much use without the PCBs!
terrafractyl
Cant believe I missed this until now!
I would love to be on the waiting list, for 1 jack input module.

I have been waiting patiently for something like this to come along...

THANKS!!
jules
Jack input for me, ASAP!!!!
shacksman
put me down for 1 jack please i was just about to buy a kenton pro solo2 untill i stumbled unto this. i have a M-Audio profire2626 with 8 spare outputs Rockin' Banana!
os
Well looky here.

It's going to be early next week before I can ship them out - not least because the mailing boxes I ordered haven't come yet d'oh!

If I get time I'll test one today, and if that's fine, I'll start taking PayPal payments.
bsmith
What is the depth on this module?
os
bsmith wrote:
What is the depth on this module?

See http://expert-sleepers.co.uk/es1.html
70mm.
numbertalk
Awesome, so you'll send PMs right? Just because sometimes I've noticed I don't always get new topic notifications for the thread, even after I've visited it while logged in.

Thanks!

os wrote:
Well looky here.

It's going to be early next week before I can ship them out - not least because the mailing boxes I ordered haven't come yet d'oh!

If I get time I'll test one today, and if that's fine, I'll start taking PayPal payments.
os
Yes, I'll send PMs.
os
Good news! I've tested a production board and it appears to work fine.

Due to work, musical and family commitments I won't be able to start shipping until next week. I'll ship the 'module only' ones first, then the DB25 ones, then the jack ones, simply because I can ship the 'module only' ones with no further work and the jack ones take longest to prepare.

I'll send some PMs shortly.
Ceremony
Sign me up for the jack input version.
haricots
Is anyone making MOTM 5U panels for this?
os
PMs sent. If your name appears in the top 15 in the first post in this thread and I haven't PM'd you please let me know.
jules
Anyway to have it:
A) as bundle with the software
B) anything other than paypal?

Tha.
os
A) sure, why not. Anyone buying an ES-1 can have a $20 coupon for my plug-in store, to spend as they wish. That way it's fair to people who already bought Silent Way.
B) I could take direct bank transfers. What's your problem with PayPal?
numbertalk
That's great, thanks! So how do we redeem this "coupon"?

os wrote:
A) sure, why not. Anyone buying an ES-1 can have a $20 coupon for my plug-in store, to spend as they wish. That way it's fair to people who already bought Silent Way.
skweeegor
Jack version here, please.
os
numbertalk wrote:
That's great, thanks! So how do we redeem this "coupon"?

I'll mail it to customers individually.
julianw
Please add me to the waiting list for 1 x Module only (no panel or connectors)

Thanks, Julian nanners
JP
os wrote:

W00t, just paid for the es-1, so I'll hold off on picking up silent way for this.

This is great. Thanks !
JK6538
Sign me up for the db 25 model!
os
Update: everyone who paid me on or before Tuesday 29th had their module shipped on Tuesday.

Those who've not yet paid have until Monday, at which time I'll work my way down the list.
wwinfrey
please add me to the list for 1x jack.
Project
Please sign me up for 1 x jack model
Analog>Plugins
All paid (hope my iphone gets a good proce on ebay lol), I have connectors for the Oakley synths 15v. Could I have this type of connector for the power?

I think they might be the same as MOTM,

http://www.oakleysound.com/dizzy.htm.

Looking forward to getting the modular running with this cv amp as my MOTU 2408mk3 is just a bit short on supplying the voltage needed.
os
Analog>Plugins wrote:
Could I have this type of connector for the power?

I'm afraid I can only supply Doepfer-style power leads.
Analog>Plugins
That's cool I can do an A-Team special (as long as I'm locked in a room with a welder by bad guys) and get it to fit. 15volts should be ok to run this though, pretty sure you've already told me the answer though....memory like a fish.
os
All ES-1s have now been shipped. I'd really appreciate some feedback from those who've bought them. If all is well, I'll then make another (larger) batch.
Weston Underwood
Thanks. Can I have one of the jack version please?

Looks like I may be in for a long wait!

Best wishes

Mike
jules
To the lucky first ones:
Please, some feedback asap.
So we can also get ours grin
goiks
just received mine today, unfortunately no time to get set up and play until i finish a case and some boats for someone. can't wait though...
Analog>Plugins
Received mine, but it's going to take a while to wire it up to my Oakley power supply and also solder some jacks in (couldn't afford the full jack version....plus have loads of the things kicking about).

Looks very nicely put together though......I have full faith that this will work.
terrafractyl
jules wrote:
To the lucky first ones:
Please, some feedback asap.
So we can also get ours grin

yeah! c'mon already help
JP
Mines at post office, should be picking up tomorrow and plug it in in the evening.
Malekko
jacks please
Gordon Cole
Malekko wrote:
jacks please

one of us one of us
Gordon Cole
I've gotten mine, it works as it should. If you use a computer theres no question - this is the way to go.
os
Gordon Cole wrote:
I've gotten mine, it works as it should. If you use a computer theres no question - this is the way to go.

Great to hear! w00t

You're using it DC-coupled, right? Anyone up & running with an AC-coupled rig?
Malekko
bsmith wrote:
DB-25 8 channel snake like this:
http://stores.channeladvisor.com/daleproaudio/items/item.aspx?itemid=2 348792

ooooooooh, change mine to DB-25 please

(hey Brandon nanners )
Malekko
Gordon Cole wrote:
Malekko wrote:
jacks please

one of us one of us

This made me actually laugh out loud!!
gooble gobble gooble gobble
JP
Finally got mine from the post office. Still at work. But my first feedback, man the PCB has a lot more going on that I thought would be in there. I figured this was just a replacement for those bits that were added to the jacks to make them work. But hell no, this thing is way more complex.

Can't wait to try this out tonight.
Gordon Cole
os wrote:
Gordon Cole wrote:

Great to hear! w00t

You're using it DC-coupled, right? Anyone up & running with an AC-coupled rig?

yep motu 2408 mkii
os
JP wrote:
I figured this was just a replacement for those bits that were added to the jacks to make them work. But hell no, this thing is way more complex.

Indeed, it goes way beyond the simple modified cable idea first presented when the whole AC Encoder thing got going. I thought that was clear, but perhaps I need to make more of this in my blurbs.
haricots
when will the next batch be available? can i get on a list? i plan on building it into a 5u faceplate so I won't need 3.5mm jacks.
haricots
Module only please.
os
Next batch is at least 4 weeks away (that's the lead time once I decide to manufacture). This is the list - state your preference for jack, DB25 or module only and you're done.
os
haricots wrote:
Yes, I would a jack version (all 1/4" if possible, without faceplate). smile

You would probably want the module only version, and sort out the jacks yourself. It gets too complicated if I try to exactly cater to everyone's individual requirements.

NB the 3.5mm jacks are fixed to the PCB. There's no option for 1/4" output jacks. I may be able to make some modules with no output jacks at all - I'll have to check that that doesn't scupper the cost-effectiveness of the whole batch.

If need be I'm sure you can remove the 3.5mm jack sockets, or just ignore them.
JP
If you'd like feedback on the module itself, I have two things that stand out to me:

A: There's no LED feedback, you have a lovely see thru faceplate and no lights, ideally I'd love to see a tiny LED for each channel that has active communication going on. I spent a good portion of last night convinced mine module was plugged in backwards or that I'd fried it, as some of the early proto videos had leds.

B: some hello world tutorials, idiot simple, lowest level possible, just something that someone who gets one and has never used silent way can get up and running in 15 minutes. After 2 hours last night I'd only managed to get the dc encoder work making a Osc change, but I was trashing about and just trying stuff for a long time.

Other than those, I see huge potential with this setup.
os
Thanks for the feedback.

A: that would be a simple mod, but I decided against including LEDs simply to keep the cost down. When I get a moment I'll write up what to solder to where to have an LED per channel.

B: yes, good idea. Though I generally try to reply to forum posts within minutes, time zones permitting. Always ask if you're stuck.

So you're using the ES-1 in its AC-coupled configuration? What's the rest of your setup?
JP
os wrote:

So you're using the ES-1 in its AC-coupled configuration? What's the rest of your setup?

I am not entirely sure. :-). How do you find tat out?

I tried last night using a lexicon I-onix but I can make it an aggregate device in osx, so I couldn't think how to do audio out to the es1, and audio out of the synth back into ableton so I could run the calibration. Need to get my dedicated out USB interface so I can keep the outs and in separate.

I'll play around again later and post questions as I hit them.

Is ac mode the default jumper setting? Also do I need to do the ac vst before or after the other control vsts in that abelton track?

I'd love to know where to solder LEDs, I have avfeeling it'll make the clean faceplate look awesome.

Thanks again, by the way.
os
JP wrote:
I am not entirely sure. :-). How do you find tat out?

AC-coupled is how it shipped.

JP wrote:
I tried last night using a lexicon I-onix but I can make it an aggregate device in osx, so I couldn't think how to do audio out to the es1, and audio out of the synth back into ableton so I could run the calibration.

You can run Live with a different interface for input and output.

JP wrote:
Is ac mode the default jumper setting? Also do I need to do the ac vst before or after the other control vsts in that abelton track?

Yes (see the manual). AC Encoder comes last on each track.
os
More ES-1s will be available in about 4 weeks (around August 9th).
a100user
That's great news SlayerBadger! SlayerBadger! SlayerBadger!
Weston Underwood
Hi os,

Can I swap from jacks to DB-25 please.

My wire situation is already out of control and sneaking one more lead in rather than 8 would be helpful!
os
Weston Underwood wrote:
Can I swap from jacks to DB-25 please.

Of course.

I'd encourage everyone who's chosen a jack model to consider doing the same - it seems many people didn't realise the ready availability of DB25 to jack looms. Taking into account the price difference for the ES-1 jack model, buying a suitable DB25 loom can make sense for financial, rack space and lead tidiness reasons.

As a reminder, the DB25 pros/cons thread is here:
https://www.muffwiggler.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=18942
franzschuier
Please sign me up for a DB25 of the next batch. Shall I send a mail too?
os
franzschuier wrote:
Shall I send a mail too?

No need, thanks.
whyterabbyt
I was on the original list at about 25th position or so for jacks. are you still working from that list now that its been deleted?

if so, can you change my request to db25 please, looks like it'll be the neater way to go.
os
Yes, still working from that list. You're actually 4th in line now.

Changed your req to DB25.
whyterabbyt
many thanks...
terrafractyl
hmm yeah that does look mighty neat actually.

can you please change my order to a DB25 also, thanks!
os
Done.
mattrobertson
Hi - please put me down for a db25 version!

thanks a lot - love the software but need more volts!

Matt
bil_g
Pleas add me to the list for a DB25 one, as well. Thanks.
josefranco
Hi Os - Please put me down for a 25DB - Thanks!
a100user
I'll change mine from jack to DB25 as well .

Makes sense thumbs up

Thanks
Bendu
Please add me to the DB25 list. Thanks.
numan7
woah wow -

looks like this one is going to have a gigantic community around it! screaming goo yo

i can't wait to see all these silent way kits in action... hyper

an awesomely brave new modular world it will be!!!!!!! w00t
Endosine
I'm in for a DB25 version...

Thanks
Oldstench
Please add me to the DB-25 list.

Thanks.
dr funk
Hi Os

Can I switch from jack to DB25 please?

Cheers
Frank
electroflesh
i'll definitely be ordering a DB-25 as soon as they are ready.
os
dr funk wrote:
Can I switch from jack to DB25 please?

Of course.
Oldstench
Any news on the next run of DB-25s?
monzelio
I am interested in a module only
Cheers
Mauro
os
Oldstench wrote:
Any news on the next run of DB-25s?

They're being manufactured. Ready maybe around the 16th of August.
a100user
applause applause applause applause
jules
Will this new batch include a few jack versions ?

Please, please, please....
Oldstench
os wrote:

They're being manufactured. Ready maybe around the 16th of August.

It's peanut butter jelly time! nanners Rockin' Banana! nanners It's peanut butter jelly time!
os
jules wrote:
Will this new batch include a few jack versions ?

Everyone who's pre-ordered any version is covered.
skweeegor
edit: Sorry, scratch that, module only version please. Didn't consider the possibility to mount the DB25 to a more convenient place like the side/back of the cabinet.
Plop
Can I be put on the list for a DB25.
circlingkailas
Please put me on the waiting list for purchase. Thanks!
Vinylhijack
hi os!
i´m a bit slow, but can i still switch from the jack version to db25??
greetz,

dennis
boidos
Hi, I am keen on an es-1 thanks!..for the db25 version.
seychmar
Hello! I would like to pre-order an ES-1 with DB25 connector.

Martin
shacksman
hey os can i change my order back to jack version, its gonna cost me more to get the db25 in the long run £50 for a 5m cable sad banana
boidos
me too, can i change back to jack version...thanks!
franzschuier
Any news on the timing for the next batch?

Thnx
os
I expect to have them here Wednesday next week.
skweeegor
I know my waffling will put me at the bottom of the list and all, and that's cool, but change me up to the DB25 version MY ASS IS BLEEDING - if I can't get in on this run, oh well.
inoma
Please put me on the waiting list for an es-1 with jacks. Thanks!
sluskslusk
Hi,
Please sign me up for a jack version.
Thank you.
franzschuier
os wrote:
I expect to have them here Wednesday next week.

Great... cant wait to get rid of my silentway motu...
cliffman
Please sign me up for a jack version, thanks.
os
They're here. w00t

Watch your PMs, people!
franzschuier
hope i wasnt to late.... It's peanut butter jelly time!
shacksman
Rockin' Banana! Rockin' Banana! payment sent for 1 jack cant wait for mine to arrive 8_)
demorgan
Do you have any left on this run?
os
Only if someone drops out, which is possible. Stay tuned.

Leave your request here (and specify which version) if you're interested.
READYdot
Here! Jack version! Thankchoo!
tuj
Please add me to the list for a jack version.
demorgan
DB25 for me. Can you tell me the price for both again in dollars?
trance4ever
I'll take a jack version. Thx.
os
demorgan wrote:
Can you tell me the price for both again in dollars?

Pricing is in pounds. The dollar price will depend on PayPal's conversion rate at the time of payment.
josefranco
os wrote:
demorgan wrote:
Can you tell me the price for both again in dollars?

Pricing is in pounds. The dollar price will depend on PayPal's conversion rate at the time of payment.

I paid 177.04 USD for the ES-1 on 08-11-2010, should be close to that still.

@Os -when do you expect to ship this batch out? I'm looking forward to digging in.
os
I've had a couple of frustrating delays, first power cables and then mounting screws. I should start actually shipping them out on Monday.

Apologies to those who paid so promptly.
os
To everyone who's paid me so far - your module has been shipped now.

To everyone who hasn't paid me - pay me! Check your PMs.
a100user
Mine arrived today, nice looking piece of kit.

Definitly needs to be placed so the bus LED's can shine through wink

Now off to order a cable.

Thanks Andrew

David
franzschuier
It's peanut butter jelly time!
seychmar
Are the PMs still being sent out? I haven't received anything yet.

Martin
os
seychmar wrote:
Are the PMs still being sent out? I haven't received anything yet.

I'm afraid you just missed the cut. If a couple of people drop out (which is quite possible) you'll be in.
seychmar
OK. Thanks. Good things come to he who waits!! hihi Just in case, when is the next batch expected?

Martin
os
4-6 weeks, at a guess.
skweeegor
Does this mean they've started shipping? w00t

edit: whoops, missed the post on the last page. Dead Banana
Vors
I would like to pre-order the jack version please. thanks
os
A number of people who pre-ordered have gone AWOL, so I'm in the happy position of having a small amount of stock ready to go.

If anyone orders one now, I can ship it right away.
bint
i'd like to order a db-25 version please. any unclaimed pre-order stock left?

cheeeers...
os
PM'd.
bint
os wrote:
PM'd.

ditto smile
ringstone
Hello

I'd like to order or pre-order a module-only version if possible...

Thanks!
Blair
chilipalmero
PM'd and emailed.

I'd like to pre-order a DB25 model please.

Thanks
chili
startwave
hello

i'd like to pre-order a module only version

thanks!

-john
Gordon Cole
I have a jack version for sale if anyone is interested.
Zphyr
Hi Gordon..Can you PM the price/details of the ES-1?

Im in South Africa so if your cool with shipping etc let me know..To my account obv.

smile
clusterchord
well, ive PMed Gordon 2 days ago, but no reply. im guessing its sold.

so, without further ado..

os wrote:
A number of people who pre-ordered have gone AWOL, so I'm in the happy position of having a small amount of stock ready to go.

If anyone orders one now, I can ship it right away.

i would like to order, or pre-order if not avail, a jack version.

ill send you email as well to confirm, and do further details about shipping etc.

thanks
Thee Loving Hand
Hello,
I would like to order/preorder a jack version please.
Thank you
Gordon Cole
still available if anyone is looking for the jack version
MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index -> Expert Sleepers  
Page 1 of 8