MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index
 FAQ & Terms of UseFAQ & Terms Of Use   Wiggler RadioMW Radio   Muff Wiggler TwitterTwitter   Support the site @ PatreonPatreon 
 SearchSearch   RegisterSign up   Log inLog in 
WIGGLING 'LITE' IN GUEST MODE

ES-1 query
MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index -> Expert Sleepers  
Author ES-1 query
bleeps
Quote:
Much greater output voltage range - up to 9x more than directly connecting a DC-coupled interface via a 'floating ring' cable.

Would a DC coupled interface also get this increased range if connected via the ES-1? (it's implied but I want to know for sure)
os
Yes, that 9x is specifically referring to DC-coupled operation.

The gain of the ES-1's amplifier is 4.5x. The extra factor of 2x comes from the balanced input stage, and only applies if your audio interface has differential balanced outputs.
bleeps
Ah, I see. Thanks! And good idea to take it out of that pre-order thread, I wasn't thinking when I posted in there. oops
criticalmonkey
follow up on this

would it only get the positive voltage and need an offset or would it gain for both positive and negative voltages

or am i missing something
os
When used as a DC-coupled amplifier, the ES-1 works for both positive and negative voltages.
seychmar
os wrote:
Yes, that 9x is specifically referring to DC-coupled operation.

The gain of the ES-1's amplifier is 4.5x. The extra factor of 2x comes from the balanced input stage, and only applies if your audio interface has differential balanced outputs.

Do all MOTU interfaces have differential balanced outputs? The Expert Sleepers website only makes specific reference to the Ultralite series. Is this also the case for the 828?
os
I'm pretty sure it does, yes.

Someone else on this forum must actually own an 828 though and will be able to confirm.
franzschuier
I had a 828 Mk2 and it was DC Coupled. Worked like a charm with silent way.
shacksman
get one there awsome 8_)
MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index -> Expert Sleepers  
Page 1 of 1