MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index
 FAQ & Terms of UseFAQ & Terms Of Use   Wiggler RadioMW Radio   Muff Wiggler TwitterTwitter   Support the site @ PatreonPatreon 
 SearchSearch   RegisterSign up   Log inLog in 
WIGGLING 'LITE' IN GUEST MODE

Elektron stands
MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index -> General Gear Goto page 1, 2  Next [all]
Author Elektron stands
sellanraa
So, I'm looking for suggestions on how to get my Elektrons in a position that is at least on a 30-45 degree incline that my neck will be happier about. I have an Analog Four and an Octatrack. I'd love a two tier stand with vents (apparently the newer boxes don't NEED ventilation, but I'd rather not take the chance), and I just feel like there aren't a lot of good options. I have access to a makerspace kind of operation that I could theoretically tinker with it, but I don't have a ton of time and would rather sort something out that wouldn't require me prototyping different possibilities over the course of months. If anyone has a great design with a file they could send though, I'd certainly consider printing from a 3D template.

It seems like a lot of operations are based in Europe, and I'm willing to have it shipped I guess, but also want to be sure it's a keeper.

Currently, the stand that appeals to me most would be this: http://www.zerack.com/en/elektron/32-hybridstand-live-elektron-wood.ht ml

I like that you don't have to screw it in (if I take the OT out for live performance it'd be annoying to maybe have ears). It also seems like this stand would be quick to set up and break down. But yeah, I figured I'd consult the forum because people have tons of solutions I'm sure.

Thanks!
C
facklr
The Perfect Circuit ones are really good, and fairly reasonable.

There are a couple of people here who make them as well. I wish I had known about xonetacular's before I bought the PC ones. His are great!

https://www.muffwiggler.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=157757&highlight=
corpusjonsey
Print some!

https://www.elektronauts.com/files/378
sellanraa
Xone's stands definitely look cool. He has a nice one that is certainly on the short list, but he's anti-vent and I'd really rather not take the chance, so that's why I've hesitated. Plus, screwing in the end cheeks seems like a pain if I were to tour with them.

Oh, Corpus, thanks for the link, but that's just for one. I'm fishing for a two-tier stand.
Rooftree
I think I have exactly what you're looking for. I designed a set of stands specifically for use with Elektron boxes. Check out the Utility M1, M2 and M3 stands on my KVgear site.

Here's a direct link to the Utility M2

No tools needed, setup and teardown takes less than a minute, it cradles the Elektron from underneath with rubber-lined edges. There's plenty of room at the back of the Elektron for cables.
Rooftree
Utility M2 (rubber edge strips aren't installed yet in this photo):

A pair of custom Utility M1 with 20 degree angle and higher vertical position:

[/img]
sellanraa
Neat, that looks great. Definitely on the short list. Thanks Rooftree! smile
prscrptn
https://www.muffwiggler.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=157757&highlight= thumbs up
teknobryan
Any picture with both tiers with Elektrons?

Rooftree wrote:
I think I have exactly what you're looking for. I designed a set of stands specifically for use with Elektron boxes. Check out the Utility M1, M2 and M3 stands on my KVgear site.

Here's a direct link to the Utility M2

No tools needed, setup and teardown takes less than a minute, it cradles the Elektron from underneath with rubber-lined edges. There's plenty of room at the back of the Elektron for cables.
sellanraa
Yeah, that'd be nice to see. How the cables relate to the boxes, etc.
Rooftree
Here are some shots of CAD models showing two Elektrons on my Utility M2 stand. You'll see that the left and right output cables straddle one of the side panels on the stand. I've sold several of these stands to people that were going to put Elektron boxes on them and I've gotten very positive feedback.

If anybody wants to buy my stands for Elektrons, I'll offer a full money back guarantee, including free return shipping in the USA if they don't work. I'm sure they will work fine, but I want to make it easy and no-risk for anybody that might be uneasy.

[/img]
sellanraa
Sounds reasonable. I'll volunteer to be the guinea pig. I have an OT and A4 and I'll let everyone know how it goes.

Looking forward to a solution smile
Rooftree
sellanraa wrote:
Sounds reasonable. I'll volunteer to be the guinea pig. I have an OT and A4 and I'll let everyone know how it goes.

Looking forward to a solution smile

I think the guinea pig will survive the operation. smile

I've received your order and will ship it later today. I'm in Madison, WI. Shipping should only be a few days to Louisville.
sellanraa
Ha, thanks. Anytime I can picture a little guinea pig on an operating table, it's a good day.

Excited. Also, happy to support Wisconsin business. I went to UW briefly and was born in WI smile
Rooftree
sellanraa wrote:
Ha, thanks. Anytime I can picture a little guinea pig on an operating table, it's a good day.

Excited. Also, happy to support Wisconsin business. I went to UW briefly and was born in WI smile

Oh, cool. I'm not a Wisonsin native. I've only been here 14 years. But I've picked up the accent pretty hard. I'm full on Wisconsonite now.
doktorziplok
facklr wrote:
The Perfect Circuit ones are really good, and fairly reasonable.

There are a couple of people here who make them as well. I wish I had known about xonetacular's before I bought the PC ones. His are great!

perfect circuit's are great, plus they are easy to cut should you want to adapt one for an oktakontrol.
sellanraa
OK, got the KVR stand, happy at how light and quick to put together it is. Plus, the ergonomics look perfect. However, it definitely does NOT work with the A4 and the OT as suggested in the CAD drawings. I thought it might be the OT on the bottom that wouldn't work, but the alignment of the power on the one side of the stand and the audio outputs on the other side with the stand just don't work.

EDIT: I guess it WOULD work if you slide the boxes way to the right so it isn't balanced, but so the power jack would be to the outside of the stand panel. The rubber edging does give it a nice support from sliding.

EDIT 2: The Octatrack DEFINITELY does not work on the lower position regardless of horizontal alignment.
Rooftree
After talking to sellanraa about the issue over email I was getting ready to redesign the side panel of the stand to make things fit better. But then I realized all I need to do is provide longer steel connecting rods. This will move the side panels away from the cables.

I'll create some CAD screen shots of the change and will run it by sellanraa Friday afternoon. I'll be able to get new rods out in the mail in just a few days and then everything will be 100% good.
prscrptn
prscrptn wrote:

the Elektron stands that xonetacular make are probably the best i've seen.

minimal w several different versions based on how you stack your machines.
sellanraa
They're certainly beautiful. I'm unsure if the end cheeks make sense for me, but more importantly, they don't have spots for the vents and I'd rather not chance the heat issue, even though he said Elektron said it wasn't critical. So, we have that impasse too smile
maltemark

Zerack Elektron MDF stand - "These machines kill fascists"
xonetacular
sellanraa wrote:
They're certainly beautiful. I'm unsure if the end cheeks make sense for me, but more importantly, they don't have spots for the vents and I'd rather not chance the heat issue, even though he said Elektron said it wasn't critical. So, we have that impasse too smile

They are totally unnecessary and I won't offer them standard, but I can see why some other makers added them just because people kept asking.

Even the official elektron brand 19" rack mount ears block the vents. If you still really want them for some reason I will do them as a custom order.
Fraction
Hi folks, some of you guys might be interested in my new Elektron stands. Check them out here:

https://fractionindustries.com

Thanks! thumbs up
AdamJay
for two Elektrons, get a pair of CoolFeet (use the big ones on the nearest Elektron, and the small ones on the farthest Elektron),

and a Rain Designs MStand

mekohler
Fraction wrote:
Hi folks, some of you guys might be interested in my new Elektron stands. Check them out here:

https://fractionindustries.com

Thanks! thumbs up

Any idea when you are going to restock?
MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index -> General Gear Goto page 1, 2  Next [all]
Page 1 of 2