MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index
 FAQ & Terms of UseFAQ & Terms Of Use   Wiggler RadioMW Radio   Muff Wiggler TwitterTwitter   Support the site @ PatreonPatreon 
 SearchSearch   RegisterSign up   Log inLog in 
WIGGLING 'LITE' IN GUEST MODE

MOTM rack rail end caps
MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index -> 5U Format Modules Goto page 1, 2  Next [all]
Author MOTM rack rail end caps
boothnavy
Remember these?

rack rail end caps

I have had a request to fabricate some. As Bridechamber is gone, and I don't see any inventory on synthcube, is this something that people still want/need?

AKA if I did a sizeable run of these would there be want/need for them?

Obviously easier/more cost effective to do a bigger order. Just wanted to see if there was enough interest to warrant such an order...

Please comment if you would be interested in a pair/many pairs of these!
JohnLRice
I'm not personally in the market but it would be great to see these available again. w00t Maybe both in MOTM black and Modcan B off-white?

And, I wonder if there would be interest in complete MOTM rack frames, like you and Synthesizers.com make for MU modules? hmmm.....
unrecordings
I'm not after any, but the end cap problem was a constant annoyance for me - in the end I sold all my rails and mounted everything in my own custom cases (that's another story...)

If you're drilling the mounting holes for these, be aware that there are also metric mounting rails sold here in the UK

But as JLR points out - a complete frame would be an elegant solution
Jsharpphoto
I want metal rails in Mu format that I can install in my wood cabinets.
Ockeghem
I'd be interested.
I still have MOTM around. Mr. Green cool
frokka
Synthcube has them, or at least they were available in August when I bought a pair.
boothnavy
frokka wrote:
Synthcube has them, or at least they were available in August when I bought a pair.

He must be out, they are no longer listed on the site.
boothnavy
Jsharpphoto wrote:
I want metal rails in Mu format that I can install in my wood cabinets.

Like these?

MOTM cab rails

except with MU hole spacing?

That's easy, since we already make a rack frame for MU.

What size would you want? 6? 8? 10?
frokka
No, end caps are the vertical rails that are 1/2 U wide.

They might be in stock even though they are not posted.
coyoteous
Need four pairs (8 end caps) here eventually.
ppkstat
Also interested here! Definitely 4 (2pairs) and maybe more if the price is right.
ppkstat
Hello! Is there an update on the issue?
wnysynth
I am interested in 4 end caps as well but this thread appears to have gone cold.
Any chance this will happen?
boothnavy
The price I was getting from my fabricator seemed pretty high for the level of interest. If I were ordering 100, it might make sense, but from this thread it seems like less than 40, which would make them about $7/each...
coyoteous
boothnavy wrote:
The price I was getting from my fabricator seemed pretty high for the level of interest. If I were ordering 100, it might make sense, but from this thread it seems like less than 40, which would make them about $7/each...

I'd still be down for eight at $7 each, plus reasonable shipping.

I think Larry Hendry's were $6.25 or thereabouts way back when.

If not, I'll probably just make or have fabricated eight that match out of some kind of black material or material to make black, when I do my MOTM expansion.

Although, I'd also consider raw stainless like your MU frames (I have a rack frame/cab 20U high with four of those almost finished, another with dotcom frames, and a MOTM one with original steel rails and vintage Stooge endcaps).

I'm kinda digging the stainless endcap notion now... guessing they could be painted/powder-coated later if it didn't look cool.
ppkstat
I'd be still interested with such a price. At least 3 pairs, maybe 6.
boothnavy
Ok, well, I will look back into this then...

I will get FIRM pricing and then go from there.

They would be roughly .032/3mm (i think that's about the thickness of the MOTM panels) aluminum, powder coated black, likely with an oval punch just to make sure everyone could line it up with their situation.

likely this would require a commitment deposit so I don't get stuck with loads of these things... sorry, bad past experiences with custom jobs...
coyoteous
Right on... happy to pay full in advance.

I don't know much about powder coat, but have seen some texture and reflective variation (all toward matte/dull, though)... whatever options, if any, matching the original MOTM polene w/splatter (spatter?) experience would be nice (some texture and least matte?).
Dr Gris
I'm in for at least 3 pairs. Not much but...

//M
Paradigm X
i could do 3 pairs or maybe 5 if we hit a 100 price break please.
SelectivePressure
I would buy at least 3 sets.
Tubeampguy
I'll take 3 pairs.
wnysynth
is this still a thing because i still need 4 of these puppies?
ppkstat
Yes I was also wondering if there is any progress to this.
boothnavy
i will see what lead times are like from my fabricator. They have been slammed all summer. If people are willing to wait 6-8 weeks, I can probably make it happen.

Would people want them raw aluminum? Powder coated in black? The original MOTM ones are painted which isn't that much cheaper and as most of you know will come off when screws are tightened into the finish several times. Paint is also an option, though...

What is the max people would be willing to pay per pair?
MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index -> 5U Format Modules Goto page 1, 2  Next [all]
Page 1 of 2