MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index
 FAQ & Terms of UseFAQ & Terms Of Use   Wiggler RadioMW Radio   Muff Wiggler TwitterTwitter   Support the site @ PatreonPatreon 
 SearchSearch   RegisterSign up   Log inLog in 
WIGGLING 'LITE' IN GUEST MODE

New Dreadbox Synth NYX
MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index -> Modular Synth General Discussion Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next [all]
Author New Dreadbox Synth NYX
Tom | KMR
New synth from Dreadbox, £529 GBP. https://www.kmraudio.com/dreadbox-nyx-analogue-synthesizer.php

Details coming up...! It's peanut butter jelly time!
D_Bowman
From Dreadbox's page:

-Analog Paraphonic Synthesizer
-Unique Reverb Effect by Crazy Tube Circuits (as found on Splash)
-2 x VCO with separate glide controls
-Dual State Variable 24 or 12dB / oct Filter
-Triangle wave LFO
-Triple Unique Envelope Generator (can be used as an LFO)
-Unique Routing control (allows open architecture)
-15 patches for an astonishing Modular experience:
-CV Outputs: VCO2 direct wave out with attenuation control,
-Envelope 1 , Envelope 2 (with attenuation), Modulation Wheel, Gate, Midi to CV
-CV Inputs: Osc1 Frequency, Osc2 Frequency, VCF Cut off (for both filters),VCF -Cut off (post for the 2nd filter), VCO1 PW, Gate, CV, VCA

Very interesting! I can't wait to hear some sounds.
Spectromat
Looks very nice, I have been looking at the other Dreadbox synths recently.. will wait to hear this thumbs up
Licudi
Pre-order for €555 inc EU-wide shipping at Synthesizer.gr till end of Dec. Roughly £75 cheaper than KMR.

http://synthesizer.gr/dreadbox-nyx?search=Nyx
Robscorch
Loving the sliders the synth world needs more sliders and push pull pots wouldn't hurt either. screaming goo yo
unexpectedbowtie
Oh man. I said I wasn't going to buy any new gear for a while, but this looks and sounds amazing from the limited demo.

I think I'll hold off till I see a bit more, but I love both my Hades and Erebus.

Edit: Only 13 left at that GR site? hnnghhh.
unexpectedbowtie
Ah, screw it.

very frustrating Dead Banana
Synth Con Meo
unexpectedbowtie wrote:
Ah, screw it.

very frustrating Dead Banana

Haha! I know how it feels, it's usually my SOP.
unexpectedbowtie
Something to watch for if you are keeping an eye on the stock level on synthesizer.gr:

If you are just browsing the site, it says there are 13 left:

If you add one to your basket, then come out of the checkout process, the figure drops:

Remove the item from your basket, and it jumps back up to 13.

I've spoken to them, and it's apparently a bug, but worth being aware of if you are relying on that counter for an indicator before purchasing!
unexpectedbowtie
- deleted -
Novem
I like the sound, really bright!

N.
Mr. Roboto
How exactly does it differentiate from the Erebus?
I'm thinking about buying an Erebus for month now but I think I will wait for the polyphnic version.
kindredlost
Ha, I just bought the Erebus last night not knowing this was coming. sad banana
I still like the Erebus delay and feature set. That reverb on the NYX is pretty interesting though. They might pair together well.
I still don't really get the dual filter function very well. One center frequency knob is confusing and I wonder if the modulation #1 & #2 are dedicated to each of the filters? It has the "post" vcf control input so that makes a little sense but... hmmm.....
Tom | KMR
For those who were wondering about ABYSS...I've got some inside info.... hihi it's going to be announced at NAMM 2017, here's the spec;

4-voice
BBD delay / chorus
Overdrive
Delay
Phaser

When I can I'll share an image with you all!
Heaven Metals
Being quite new to modular I've only had very limited experiences with companies and their products. But, I am a huge fan of Dreadbox. They are the nicest people, and judging by the sound of the Erebus and now the nyx, the know and appreciate the importance of delay and reverb.

I originally thought this was the abyss rebranded. I bought the White Lines reflector and Phaser modules purely because they are the same circuits in the forthcoming Abyss. They are both really deep effects modules, especially considering the price. Because the White Lines weren't available in Australia yet they paid for the shipping and gave me a free Erebus filter (WL Filter)

I was almost tempted to just buy the whole set after this experience. But, alas..I must spread my money around. we're not worthy
Heaven Metals
Deep meaning functionality FYI
technomania
Fan of this company..looking forward to more sounds from this box.
unexpectedbowtie
Just got an email from synthesizer.gr with the first demo vid of the NYX:

nkhalilian
love dreadbox, they just look and sound so slick
onthelees
unexpectedbowtie wrote:
Just got an email from synthesizer.gr with the first demo vid of the NYX:

Awesome as usual. Love this Company.
Huba-Swift
That sound really great love I already have a modular system, but I like the idea of semi-modular. It's less work, but has the same potential for crazy sounds. I may just pick one up... Not anytime soon though, there's some bread and butter things I still have to get for my studio first sad Hopefully this won't be a limited run like the murmux.
WIZARDISHUNGRY
Just gripped this, got sick of using euro to do a basic subtractive voice live.
kindredlost
Kind of what I'm doing now. Gathering together several flavors of mono analog synths. I have an Erebus, an SEM patchpoint (on order) and I want to get a Mother32 next. Semi-modular monosynths fit right in with my workflow better than keyboard monosynths. Even the Roland System 8 has fit the bill with the cv/gate and trigger features.

I love the flexibility of the modular and I have a few select polysynths to compliment it but fast and familiar sounding monosynths makes sense for me right now.
zehrck
I love my erebus and the NYX seems like it would be a good partner but id kind of like to see how the Abyss turns out. Anyone know if NYX is a limited run or will US retailers get some?
unexpectedbowtie
zehrck wrote:
I love my erebus and the NYX seems like it would be a good partner but id kind of like to see how the Abyss turns out. Anyone know if NYX is a limited run or will US retailers get some?

I was told by the Greek suppliers that 'it isn't going away', which I presume means it is going to be around and available generally, like the Erebus et al.
MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index -> Modular Synth General Discussion Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next [all]
Page 1 of 3