MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index
 FAQ & Terms of UseFAQ & Terms Of Use   Wiggler RadioMW Radio   Muff Wiggler TwitterTwitter   Support the site @ PatreonPatreon 
 SearchSearch   RegisterSign up   Log inLog in 
WIGGLING 'LITE' IN GUEST MODE

Fourses bounds insert jacks
MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index -> Ciat-Lonbarde  
Author Fourses bounds insert jacks
pugix
It took me all this time to get around to experimenting with Fourses bounds modulation. Well, I found out something I didn't realize (but which Peter explained perfectly clearly in the manual). The bounds inputs override the internal bounds modulations. From the manual:

"The bounds of any operator are dictated by the ones immediately above and below, except for the very top and bottom operators; the top upper bound is set to eight volts, and the bottom lower bound to negative eight volts. The bounds of any operator, however, have inserts that you can use to manually set a boundary to whatever voltage you wish."

I patched two polarizer outputs for DC control into the upper and lower bounds of the last Fourses. Suddenly the output is no longer chaotic, being that the upper bound is not modulated by the oscillator just above. So I have complete control over the pitch. In this way you can decouple the fourses oscillators from each other and use independently!

It also means you can make a cycle of oscillators by patching your own bounds modulation paths instead of using the internal, normal ones.

You may already have known this. Why didn't I? very frustrating
dorkmorph
heck yea, fourses is really fantastic.
my fave way to patch is an envelope at the top and bottom bounds and another one multed to all the bounce ins. then pick two outs and pan them. when you modulate real slow you can hone in on those nasty ripping and tearing sounds. seperate but related slowly controlled chaos streams. SlayerBadger! Rockin' Banana! Fencing
sb
How well do these oscillators track? Is it totally unrealistic to think these could be a replacement for 4 basic standalone oscillators (for melodic duties on occasion) ? I know this isn't really their intended use...but they'd justify space in my case if they could do both chaotic modulations AND the occasional melodic thing.
pugix
sb wrote:
How well do these oscillators track? Is it totally unrealistic to think these could be a replacement for 4 basic standalone oscillators (for melodic duties on occasion) ? I know this isn't really their intended use...but they'd justify space in my case if they could do both chaotic modulations AND the occasional melodic thing.

They do not have 1v/octave tracking inputs. The CV attenuverter is coarse. While you can control each oscillator separately, getting them to stay on any sort of scale would be difficult.
MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index -> Ciat-Lonbarde  
Page 1 of 1