MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index
 FAQ & Terms of UseFAQ & Terms Of Use   Wiggler RadioMW Radio   Muff Wiggler TwitterTwitter   Support the site @ PatreonPatreon 
 SearchSearch   RegisterSign up   Log inLog in 
WIGGLING 'LITE' IN GUEST MODE

Buchla fun with 258j & 291
MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index -> Buchla, EMS & Serge  
Author Buchla fun with 258j & 291
batchas
I had some fun a couple of mins ago with my 258j (the one I built a couple of years ago with different waveforms at the 3 outputs).
Again using the 291 clone for filtering.
I take the 248r to dial some quantized notes by hand and send them to the S&H of the 266r. I also use its fluctuating random voltages for CV panning on the 207r.

I can imagine spending some more time on this patch, taking more care of which notes to play, add some beat etc etc. I like very much this kind of sound!

Link: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=c8ZsFZjzCxo

Audio file: click here.
cyberdine
This is great!
ST.P
thanks for the mp3 - i´ll enjoy with HiFi equipment ...
Oxix52
Very nice! It sounds really good! applause
Don T
I love this sound also! I had no idea the marf could move up and down steps like that by hand!
Peake
Guinness ftw! Guinness ftw! Guinness ftw!

Don_T: analog addressing on the 245/6 allows CV to proportionally select the sequencer stage, not sure if the MARF has an Address CV input.
batchas
Peake wrote:
not sure if the MARF has an Address CV input.

It does thumbs up

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lGT3OpqPPO0
Don T
Peake wrote:
Guinness ftw! Guinness ftw! Guinness ftw!

Don_T: analog addressing on the 245/6 allows CV to proportionally select the sequencer stage, not sure if the MARF has an Address CV input.

batchas wrote:
Peake wrote:
not sure if the MARF has an Address CV input.

It does thumbs up

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lGT3OpqPPO0

Dammit, now I have yet another thing to save up for...
batchas
Don T wrote:
Dammit, now I have yet another thing to save up for...

Yeah well... Maybe till then there'll be some relevant firmware improvements available...
The guts are very complex, but using it is very easy and intuitive, so yeah it should be a very cool machine.
I'm aware that it was complicated to make it, incl. firmware etc, but with these bugs I personally have serious issue. I'd really like to recall a preset without pulling out my hairs everytime with a new surprise.
batchas
BTW the stage address is a powerful setting on the 248, 249, 250. Cause you can have several sequences (of different lengths if you want) spreaded between the 16 stages (or 32 with the extension), each one with it's start/end point and selectable via CV.
It's also an amazing tool for envelopes. Like with the sequence above, you can shoot them via external CV...
Yeah... Once you'll be able to save and recall presets smoothly and safely, this machine can be pretty powerful!
KoryB
Sounds so good!
jvt
Is anyone still building these 291 clones?
MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index -> Buchla, EMS & Serge  
Page 1 of 1