MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index
 FAQ & Terms of UseFAQ & Terms Of Use   Wiggler RadioMW Radio   Muff Wiggler TwitterTwitter   Support the site @ PatreonPatreon 
 SearchSearch   RegisterSign up   Log inLog in 
WIGGLING 'LITE' IN GUEST MODE

Your favorite affordable Reverb
MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index -> General Gear Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next [all]
Author Your favorite affordable Reverb
analogPedagog
I'm in the market for a good affordable reverb. Perferrably under $300. Suggestions?
andrewF
buy a piece of shit 70s organ for $10
remove the reverb tank & in/out circuit
throw the rest away
bolt the lot to a panel with a couple of jacks
voila! w00t
analogPedagog
andrewF wrote:
buy a piece of shit 70s organ for $10
remove the reverb tank & in/out circuit
throw the rest away
bolt the lot to a panel with a couple of jacks
voila! w00t

hehe, yea I could do that. Salvation army always has some shitty organs. Got a leslie that way. Actually I am looking for something with a lil more versatility but thanks for the suggestion.
Just me
TC electronics makes some good reverbs that can be bought for under 300.
http://cgi.ebay.com/TC-Electronic-M-One-XL-dual-reverb-effects-like-ne w-/220612214004?cmd=ViewItem&pt=LH_DefaultDomain_0&hash=item335d833cf4

I like mine. I've also got an old tube amp and tank from a Hammond M-101.
Kent
Alesis Wedge (and many other Alesis products)

Boss VF-1

Korg A3, A2 or A1. The A3 & A1 being my favorites
Stab Frenzy
Yeah the M One XL is decent for the money, not going to set the world on fire but I used mine quite a bit on my last album, with some convolution plugins as well for variety.

The Alesis Midi/Mini/etc verbs are OK too for the price, or you could maybe find a Kurzweil Rumour for $300.
GeneralBigBag
Kurzweil Rumour. A steal for the sound.
SepticUnderground
Line6 Verbzilla

I got 2 of em razz

Many old verb legends are modelled inside

The shimmer octaverb is a beauty inside, useful for any enoesque muzak maker around
dude
i use a 15 dollar spring tank bolted to my modular run through the sends of a shitty behringer mixer for spring verb and then i use the shitty behringers built in fx for digi verb as well that is when i don't have the computer on during music making time which is more often than not but when i do have the prutah on i use cheap vst's like audio damage eos or any number of other verb plugz.

felt like a run on sentence.
dan_p
The Cathedral reverb from EHX is worth a listen, I realy like mine. It does some crazy stuff too and is very playable $^&$ for a reverb pedal.
spbaker
SepticUnderground wrote:
Line6 Verbzilla

I got 2 of em razz

Many old verb legends are modelled inside

The shimmer octaverb is a beauty inside, useful for any enoesque muzak maker around

really? i've got the echo park and love it, so it's good to know the verbzillas are good too!

also +1 on the alesis wedge
Babaluma
sony r7
MicroFi
Ensoniq DP-4!
Jason Brock
dan_p wrote:
The Cathedral reverb from EHX is worth a listen, I realy like mine. It does some crazy stuff too and is very playable $^&$ for a reverb pedal.

I have one of these too. It does some neat tricks in addition to the really nice "normal" type reverb.
tuj
Sony DPS V55.
sascha.victoria
The Pioneer spring reverb is great for dub splats. They can be had on eBay for $10 to $40.
perky
ensoniq dp-4
lexicon mpx1
both you can get used and cheap

edit
also the alesis very old stuff is nice imo
essex sound lab
Ensoniq DP/4

TC Electronic M-One XL
mono-poly
LXP-15
D/A A/D
TC Electronic M350.
paulshillito
I second the Catheral from EHX, does a great spring verb but with more versatility (but you cant twang the springs, it ain't got any hihi ) and only £130 new
zthee
mono-poly wrote:
LXP-15

Got a LXP-15 a while back. Sounds great, expect that mine has a noise floor of like +4dB...
bsmith
Lexicon MPX500 can be picked up cheaply, sounds pretty damn good, and has the (very big) bonus of having dc coupled outs and spdif, so you can hang it off an ac coupled interface to use for 2 outs for silent way or volta when not being used for processing duties.
mono-poly
zthee wrote:
mono-poly wrote:
LXP-15

Got a LXP-15 a while back. Sounds great, expect that mine has a noise floor of like +4dB...

Hmmm maybe some bad caps?
MindMachine
Spring Reverb New: Fender Frontman 25R Practice Amp - has input/spring reverb/output in stereo (and a nice versatile practice amp attached w/ 3 tone control, drive circuit w/ footswitch, 10: speaker, etc). $99.00 USD
http://www.fender.com/products/search.php?partno=0231502000

Digital Spring Pedal New: Malekko Spring Chicken - awesome digital spring reverb sound... uncanny. $ I forget... 125 maybe
http://www.malekkoheavyindustry.com/index.php/spring-chicken

Digital Reverb New: Alesis nanoverb 4 - versatile preset machine... clean and useful... $99.00 or less. http://www.alesis.com/nanoverb

Digital Reverb (New-ish): TC Electronics M300... super clean to my old school ears... very versatile machine... awesome $200.00 or less.
http://www.tcelectronic.com/m300.asp

Old digital reverbs: DelatLabs Effectron Jr.s (not typical reverbs, but good short delay) $75-200... Lexicon LXP series (deep and very versatile)... $50-200 (for one w/ programmer 200-300?).

I love all of these cheap units!!! Now if I can find a cheap SpaceStation or Eventide 2016...
MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index -> General Gear Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next [all]
Page 1 of 3