MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index
 FAQ & Terms of UseFAQ & Terms Of Use   Wiggler RadioMW Radio   Muff Wiggler TwitterTwitter   Support the site @ PatreonPatreon 
 SearchSearch   RegisterSign up   Log inLog in 
WIGGLING 'LITE' IN GUEST MODE

Valhalla Room and VintageVerb?
MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index -> Music Software Goto page 1, 2  Next [all]
Author Valhalla Room and VintageVerb?
mousegarden
I'm in need of a good reverb on my Mac, I used to use Epicverb on my PC, my favourite reverb, but it's not Mac compatible. A lot of people have recommended the Valhalla stuff, has anyone tried it? just wondering what you folks thought? I'm particularly interested in Room and VintageVerb.
Luap
There are demo versions. Try them and see what you think. You dont need to run every brain fart by us lot first.
bphenix
Both are awesome and worth much more than their listed price.

I've owned Lexicon PCM series (70, 80, 92), TC Electronic M3000, Eventide H3000, Bricasti boxes and Sean's reverbs easily replace them. I particularly like VVV since it reminds a lot about what I love about the Lexicon sound but all of his stuff is great, it depends a bit more on what type of needs you have.
lootacow
I can say that both are amazing for sure. I have a Strymon Big Sky/Blue Sky and Eventide Space, but I still use the Valhalla stuff for some things.
SB-SIX
The Valhalla's are great. Take some time to learn what the params do, that will open up the verb even more. The presets can be a bit hit and miss.
Zon
Also check out the new Fabfilter pro-r
chvad
I've got AND USE Valhalla Room and Plate and since getting them they are the only reverbs I've used. From tangible spaces to massive ethereal plains. They are so worth the money it's not even funny.
drxcm
I went for Vintage Verb with a plan to pick up Room later. In the end i've been so happy with VVV ive never felt the need to get Room.

Seriously underpriced and amazing products
x2mirko
I own all ValhallaDSP plugins. They're all amazing at the specific things they do, but if i had to pick a single reverb out of their product line, I'd definitely go with the VintageVerb. With all the algorithms that have been added over time, it's certainly the most flexible reverb plugin from ValhallaDSP by now - It has nice hall, room and plate algorithms (+more crazy stuff) with easy to use and understand controls. The other plugins give you more range to explore their particular models in depth, but for many use cases it's not all that important. They're definitely all more than worth the money that they cost.
mmp
Sean's stuff is an instant buy for me. Own all of them. Use all of them.
leeski
try Nebula 4 as they have a free version so no one loses applause
Chopper
The best.
ioaek
valhalla is absolutely fantastic, you can't go wrong with either of those
Speculum Speculorum
I wouldn't even hesitate for a second. Every single plugin he makes I will buy.
mousegarden
Luap wrote:
There are demo versions. Try them and see what you think. You dont need to run every brain fart by us lot first.

Oh yes I do, brain farts or other ones....
OK, I'll get VintageVerb.
I'm also getting my hair cut later on today, just wondering if you had any recommendations styling wise? I also need a new washing up bowl, any ideas in that department also much appreciated..........

Dead Banana
contrasttx
The Valhalla stuff is certainly good enough that if they aren't doing the job then the reverb isn't the problem, so for fifty bucks you can't really go wrong. Agree that VintageVerb is the best choice if you're only going to pick one.

Would recommend a bowl that can do double duty on the haircut and washing up. As I think we all know, whenever you can get some multifunction versatility in there, that's great of course.
mousegarden
contrasttx wrote:
The Valhalla stuff is certainly good enough that if they aren't doing the job then the reverb isn't the problem, so for fifty bucks you can't really go wrong. Agree that VintageVerb is the best choice if you're only going to pick one.

Would recommend a bowl that can do double duty on the haircut and washing up. As I think we all know, whenever you can get some multifunction versatility in there, that's great of course.

Thanks, VintageVerb it is, see! I just needed a bit of confirmation from the forum team, washing up bowl included... hihi
leeski
mousegarden wrote:
Luap wrote:

Oh yes I do, brain farts or other ones....
OK, I'll get VintageVerb.
I'm also getting my hair cut later on today, just wondering if you had any recommendations styling wise? I also need a new washing up bowl, any ideas in that department also much appreciated..........

Dead Banana

Perhaps Luap likes
listentoaheartbeat
Valhalla Vintage Verb has been my main reverb for some time now. I highly recommend it. Well balanced feature set in terms of density and immediacy, straight-forward interface with tool tips, and great sounding algorithms. In my opinion, Sean Costillo is today's David Griesinger. He is pushing reverb DSP like no one else, and his business model is courageous. Also check out the new Valhalla Plate, I am using it more and more. Super fast workflow and works very well with synths.
Funky40
so far for Piano and keyboard Sounds i prefer the Room over the Vintage verb.

ususally i have Room, Vintage Verb and Nimbus verb in series on a aux/return track or a parallel track and switch forth and back.
i use room for a preReverb ambient, then a bigger reverb behind it.
but room alone would do. the second one is then usually the Nimbus ( probably more for "get it to know" reasons )

The Valhalla plate might be a nobrainer for me. need to check tonight....
phase ghost
Vintage Verb has been my go to since it hit the streets. I really like Shimmer too. It's mostly a one trick pony, but it can take sustained pads into another dimension.

Room is probably amazing, but I don't know that I need anything past VVV. UberMod is worth demoing to.
Soy Sos
I just bought Vintage Verb, loooooove it!!!
Swann
Viking Valhalla FTW!
Funky40
Zon wrote:
Also check out the new Fabfilter pro-r

+1

loaded the demo, ....bought !
happy camper

definitly worth a check bevore buying anything else
mousegarden
I'm just going to buy the lot I think, Vintage, Room, and Plate.

thumbs up
MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index -> Music Software Goto page 1, 2  Next [all]
Page 1 of 2