MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index

FAQ & Terms of UseFAQ & Terms Of Use   Wiggler RadioMW Radio   Muff Wiggler TwitterTwitter   Support the site @ PatreonPatreon 
 SearchSearch   RegisterSign up   Log inLog in 
WIGGLING 'LITE' IN GUEST MODE

Information
Happy new year to everyone! Thanks for being part of this place, every year you all get cooler and cooler. Apologies to everyone waiting on me for PMs, emails, subforum creation, etc. The holidays have been super busy! I'll be catching up over the next week, please hit me up again at that point if I haven't gotten back to you yet. Sorry for the delay. Thanks! <3

Bugbrand Bugcrusher - Sample & Hold
MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index -> BugBrand Devices  
Author Bugbrand Bugcrusher - Sample & Hold
batchas
Keeping on the monologue.
Never giving up Mr. Green

I'm answering here one of my own questions from this thread.
batchas wrote:
Is there any s&h in the Bugbrand module line?

Like radams said in his thread, I forgot the Noisecrusher S&H (which I use quite a lot to add some random feeling/movement for hihats for instance).
But I also forgot the Bugcrusher!

As usual I test again from time to time modules I never use or took out of the system (don't like the sound or whatever), always telling me I should sell them. I did this a couple of days with the Buchla 259e and as usual I never can let them go after I test them after a long break. Always finding them again "cool"...
Now I took back the Bugcrusher in the setup. Never using it. Not my thing so to say (soundwise).
And realized it's also a S&H (if I'd read myself the faceplate, like I always recommend it to other wigglers, I'd seen that. It's written on it!), but it's more than that, thanks to the FADE knob for instance.
Showing here a few modulations or sounds it can generate in combination with for instance a noise crusher.

Link: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NKGvqskLHnA
BugBrand
Yes, as always, the name 'BugCrusher' has been somewhat confusing!

It always was the (needed) S&H for the system - NoiseCrusher was the later development of it.

Note that the range switch, while primarily changing the range of the internal VCO also switches values of cap for S&H and glide -- so when you want sub-audio S&H while using an external clock, do make sure to switch that to the S&H position.

[sorry that the forum is so quiet -- thanks for continuing to nudge it!]
radams
YES - this is the TRUTH! Guinness ftw!
MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index -> BugBrand Devices  
Page 1 of 1