MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index
 FAQ & Terms of UseFAQ & Terms Of Use   Wiggler RadioMW Radio   Muff Wiggler TwitterTwitter   Support the site @ PatreonPatreon 
 SearchSearch   RegisterSign up   Log inLog in 
WIGGLING 'LITE' IN GUEST MODE

Rossum Electro-Music Morpheus Filter
MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index -> Eurorack Modules Goto page 1, 2, 3 ... 13, 14, 15  Next [all]
Author Rossum Electro-Music Morpheus Filter
Worwell
Stereo Morphing Z-Plane Filter

With our MORPHEUS ​digital filter module, we’re finally able to unleash the full power of the 14-pole Z­-Plane Filters that Dave invented for the E-mu Morpheus synthesizer.

The MORPHEUS Eurorack module includes over 190 filter configurations. Each configuration is composed of up to 8 complex filters that you can picture as being at the corners of a three dimensional cube. Morpheus gives you the ability to smoothly interpolate between those 8 filters within the cube’s three dimensional space.

Due to processor limitations back in the day, the original Morpheus was capable of real-time morphing in one dimension, but interpolation in the frequency and transform dimensions were set at note-on and remained static for the remainder of the note. But even with that limitation, Morpheus offered sonic capabilities that are unmatched to this day.

With the MORPHEUS filter module, you now have simultaneous real-time CV control of all three dimensions, for dynamic timbral effects unlike anything you’ve ever heard before. In stereo.

MORPHEUS features include:

Over 190 14-pole filter configurations
Real-time manual and CV control of Frequency, Morphing and Transformation
The ability to save hundreds of customized filter configurations
A sequencer for stepping through filter configurations under trigger or clock control
A large OLED display for programming and realtime display of morphing
Like all Rossum Electro-Music digital modules, all parameters are available for adjustment with a single button press. No menu diving.

MORPHEUS will be available fro[/video]m Rossum Electro-Music Dealers later this spring.

http://www.rossum-electro.com/products/morpheus/

18 hp
Worwell
Marco Alpert
Worwell wrote:

MORPHEUS features include:

Over 190 14-pole filter configurations/

Thanks for starting the thread! (I'd point out that since we originally posted that Morpheus info, the number of filter cubes has risen from 190 to 289!)
GNE
Quote:
MORPHEUS will be available fro[/video]m Rossum Electro-Music Dealers later this spring.

When I pre-ordered I was reading mid January.

Is it moved to spring now???
Worwell
Flicking through some of the Morpheus filters over the same sequence:

Morpheus in a larger patch:

Marco Alpert
GNE wrote:
Quote:

Nope, they'll begin shipping in about three weeks.
GNE
Quote:

Terrific. Really looking forward to it. Thanks.
onthelees
Worwell wrote:
Flicking through some of the Morpheus filters over the same sequence:

Morpheus in a larger patch:

This is completely sick... in a good way woah
nectarios
Is this the same as the digital Z Plane filter in the old EMU samplers?
Daisuk
Many thanks for the demos, Worwell! Looking forward to exploring this myself. smile
OlivierWah
Looks good !

Any news about the price ?
strangeowl
nectarios wrote:
Is this the same as the digital Z Plane filter in the old EMU samplers?

Same concept, same developer, more powerful hardware now so more options for morphing etc.
deastman
As the owner of an E-mu Morpheus which I bought new when it was first released, I can't wait to get my hands on a filter which fully lives up to the promise of z-plane morphing! cool
Zymos
I think "later this spring" was old text that referred to Spring of 2016.

Back when I had the money and HP to buy this waah
Ypsi Kid
Damn, some great demo vids. Scale back some of that modulation and you have some really great shifting sound. Now, Moog Audio in Canada needs to offer these for pre-order!!! I don't wanna miss the first run of these bad boys!

Ypsi Kid
Detroit Underground
SoundCloud
brickman
Great demos Worwell .

What reverb are you using in the first video ?
Worwell
brickman wrote:
Great demos Worwell .

What reverb are you using in the first video ?

Thank you. Reverb was a bit of Vahalla Plate in the box.
brickman
Nice one , thanks Worwell .
Bots
Great demo's Thanks!!
Spiked Lunch
SOLD!
matttech
Marco Alpert wrote:
GNE wrote:
Quote:

Thank god for that...nearly had a heart attack when I read "spring"!

zombie zombie zombie
tbecker
Nice videos! Really like the first one that had some nice modulation going on.

A few questions:

[1] Can you build a multiple band-pass filter with this like you can with the QMMF-4? In the video, it looks like you are getting some multiple peak frequency response shapes from looking at the built in display.

[2] Is there any overdrive, compression or shaping/saturation provided in digital form for the filters, or are we looking at just really nice clean morphing?

Thanks in advance!
Marco Alpert
tbecker wrote:

A few questions:

[1] Can you build a multiple band-pass filter with this like you can with the QMMF-4? In the video, it looks like you are getting some multiple peak frequency response shapes from looking at the built in display.

[2] Is there any overdrive, compression or shaping/saturation provided in digital form for the filters, or are we looking at just really nice clean morphing?

Thanks in advance!

[1] I'll have to review the cubes to see if any specifically implement multiple band-passes. But yes, Morpheus can produce up to 6 peaks or notches or a combination of the two (among many other frequency contours).

[2] There is variable distortion, the effects of which depend heavily on the design of each cube and the frequency content of the input audio. Some of the default filters have the Transform axis assigned to distortion control, but you have the option of assigning the Transform axis to distortion for any of the filters.
Worwell
Examples of some of the Morpheus vowel filters.

LFO's into Frequency and Morph and manual offset playing of Transform.

tbecker
Marco Alpert wrote:
tbecker wrote:

A few questions:

Thanks in advance!

[1] I'll have to review the cubes to see if any specifically implement multiple band-passes. But yes, Morpheus can produce up to 6 peaks or notches or a combination of the two (among many other frequency contours).

[2] There is variable distortion, the effects of which depend heavily on the design of each cube and the frequency content of the input audio. Some of the default filters have the Transform axis assigned to distortion control, but you have the option of assigning the Transform axis to distortion for any of the filters.

Thanks for the answers, this module is looking very open and powerful from the videos and quickstart guide. Some ideas I would have regarding [1] multiple BPs would be freq modulation controlling peak one (lowest frequency peak), with the transform controlling the spread (of the other peaks 2-6 for a 6 peak), so multiple peak with variable spread. Another interesting variant on a multiple BPs cube would be a cross-over filter bank that uses internal BPs with a low and high pass at the ends, where transform could modulate the level of each crossover. This would sound very cool in stereo at audio rates and be very useful in large and dense patches.
MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index -> Eurorack Modules Goto page 1, 2, 3 ... 13, 14, 15  Next [all]
Page 1 of 15