MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index
 FAQ & Terms of UseFAQ & Terms Of Use   Wiggler RadioMW Radio   Muff Wiggler TwitterTwitter   Support the site @ PatreonPatreon 
 SearchSearch   RegisterSign up   Log inLog in 
WIGGLING 'LITE' IN GUEST MODE

Choices joystick inspiration
MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index -> Flight of Harmony  
Author Choices joystick inspiration
MrBiggs
I posted this over in the FoH area but it apparently didn't catch. Hope it's okay if I ask here as well, since the Eurorack section is so full of life and happiness.

I am building a Choices as a breakout standalone and would like to hear some good ideas for housings. My kid suggested a Sesame Street cereal bowl, for instance. I'm gonna power it with 9V batteries, so it can't be too tiny. Any brilliant ideas?
donaldm
cigar box, with two of them.

How easy is it to wire up a choices to a 9 volt battery array?
numan7
maybe a reinforced 'game of life' or 'monopoly" game board box (so that there is a small metal frame to keep it sturdy and rigid) with the box graphics shellaced or plastic-laminated so as not to rub off or fade.

probably would want to mount 2 sticks, were i ever to build such a contraption.

fwiw.......
bleeps
Inside this thing.

MrBiggs
donaldm wrote:

How easy is it to wire up a choices to a 9 volt battery array?

I have no idea. Yet.
space6oy
MrBiggs wrote:
I posted this over in the FoH area but it apparently didn't catch.

i caught it... seriously, i just don't get it
wetterberg
lunch box
sandyb
please don't double post things in more than one section of the forum!
i'll move this to the flight section and delete the other identical thread.

sad banana
Animal
I'm not quite getting why this would have to be moved to the foh forum. I mean... it isn't so much about the module as it is building a breakout box. ease up dude! It's a forum on the internet, not a tax form. Rasta-nana

As for some suggestions, i go with model car. and your kid would love it I'm sure. w00t
sandyb
Animal wrote:
I'm not quite getting why this would have to be moved to the foh forum. I mean... it isn't so much about the module as it is building a breakout box. ease up dude! It's a forum on the internet, not a tax form. Rasta-nana

As for some suggestions, i go with model car. and your kid would love it I'm sure. w00t

because that's where it was originally posted.
thanks for the advice on trying to keep this place vaguely organised though thumbs up
cv slime 800
Since it's a joystick you could house it in some kind of old-school video-game controller.

MrBiggs
sandyb wrote:
please don't double post things in more than one section of the forum!
i'll move this to the flight section and delete the other identical thread.

sad banana

Okay then sandyb. I wasn't sure if the redo was kosher. I find that the specific manufacturer forums end up being a lot slower than, say, the Euro forum, this could have been put in DIY, FoH, or Euro. This post had three times as many reads as the one in FoH in less time, and frankly I'm not trying to solve any specific FoH issue, but rather get ideas from as many wigglers as possible.

Rules is rules. w00t
Glitchmachines
double post FTW
Glitchmachines
company specific subforums need to go away - hate em
MrBiggs
Well I think they're great for the guys who run the companies. If I had a specific question about Choices, it would sure make it easy for Flight to find the query. But I shoulda put the question elsewhere since my post wasn't really specific to the Choices module, but to funny breakout ideas in general.
rezzn8r
bleeps wrote:
Inside this thing.

I like this one! hyper SlayerBadger!
space6oy
this is what i suggested in your other thread that got deleted:
http://www.pactecenclosures.com/

maker of the housing used for x0xb0xes. they even give out free samples.
MrBiggs
Thanks for reposting that space6oy.
MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index -> Flight of Harmony  
Page 1 of 1