MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index
 FAQ & Terms of UseFAQ & Terms Of Use   Wiggler RadioMW Radio   Muff Wiggler TwitterTwitter   Support the site @ PatreonPatreon 
 SearchSearch   RegisterSign up   Log inLog in 
WIGGLING 'LITE' IN GUEST MODE

Information
Search is fixed!!! Apologies for the downtime.

Musi-Analog-Modular-Synth Frac?????
MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index -> Fractional Rack Modules  
Author Musi-Analog-Modular-Synth Frac?????
Tubeampguy
Anyone ever seen one of these?? eek! sad banana seriously, i just don't get it zombie
http://www.ebay.com/itm/Musi-Analog-Modular-Synth-3VCO-2ADSR-Stereo-VC A-PSU-Frac-Rack-/252711916225?hash=item3ad6cdd2c1:g:IEQAAOSw5cNYbwBO
e-grad
Probably a DIYer who puts his own monicker on his panels. My own panels read 'e-grad' at the bottom and for example 'Ken Stone CGS85 / Tube VCA/Dist.' at the top.
BugBrand
Looks kind of cool.
Though whoever built it doesn't know how to use Tyco MTA connectors correctly.
fluxmonkey
i likes it. alot. the MTA arrangement is odd, but i appreciate how it minimizes the depth. one of my only complaints about the format is the deep frames, especially for gigging.
SewerBadger
fluxmonkey wrote:
...one of my only complaints about the format is the deep frames, especially for gigging.

This was my primary reason for abandoning the format.
BugBrand
fluxmonkey wrote:
i likes it. alot. the MTA arrangement is odd, but i appreciate how it minimizes the depth. one of my only complaints about the format is the deep frames, especially for gigging.

Oh yeah, I meant the cable plugs rather than the board sockets.. soldered rather than IDC insertion (and random usage of plug colours - different colours are meant to be for different wire gauges)

Yes, regular Frac depth is poopy - hence why I DIY'd down to 4" first and then onwards to 2.3". Those modules would fit into one of my frames!
e-grad
BugBrand wrote:
Yes, regular Frac depth is poopy [...]

Keep in mind Blacet even suggests to mount the Frac racks into an even deeper SKB rack.
Quote:
All modules these days are designed to be placed in a sub mounting system that is 19" rack compatible. That means that you can place a mixture of module systems in a box such as those made by SKB.

http://blacet.com/FAQ.html
fracmonkey
Yes, these skb racks are way too deep for even Blacet. Must be better alternatives these days. I'd consider just basic homemade wood boxes. very frustrating
Tubeampguy
fracmonkey wrote:
Yes, these skb racks are way too deep for even Blacet. Must be better alternatives these days. I'd consider just basic homemade wood boxes. very frustrating

I rack all my RAK-2's in these
There very shallow (12 3/8" rack depth) but still stackable and portable (if you don't fly to gigs) That's why I keep them 6U instead of one large rack case.
fluxmonkey
i've used the guys: https://www.roadcases.com/rack-cases/6-8-spaces.html... not as tanklike, heavy, or expensive as SKB
MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index -> Fractional Rack Modules  
Page 1 of 1