MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index
 FAQ & Terms of UseFAQ & Terms Of Use   Wiggler RadioMW Radio   Muff Wiggler TwitterTwitter   Support the site @ PatreonPatreon 
 SearchSearch   RegisterSign up   Log inLog in 
WIGGLING 'LITE' IN GUEST MODE

Buchla Easel Control Voltage Therapy-Weekly Update
MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index -> Buchla, EMS & Serge Goto page 1, 2  Next [all]
Author Buchla Easel Control Voltage Therapy-Weekly Update
vgermuse
Most Friday's my dear friend, Bruce Bayard, and I meet and explore taking our Easels in new directions. We've fondly dubbed these weekly meetings:
Control Voltage Therapy.

Here's the link to our playlist and watch this space for updates...

http://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLgcsaajaNk9f2EuLcCU4l92be9GQe6K4 Y

Here is our most recent. Performed in quad but of course only a stereo blend here:

subcutaneous
applause we're not worthy applause
island
applause
weinglas
Great droneworks applause
Arders Bergdahl
GNARLY SlayerBadger! w00t
Great stuff as usual thumbs up
missingtwin
powerful sounds
looks like so much fun
i need some voltage
will my insurance cover this therapy?
Om
vgermuse
Thanks so much friends! w00t

missingtwin wrote:

will my insurance cover this therapy?
Om

Yes, but only if you don't have the preexisting condition: GAS . . . SlayerBadger!
Novateer
applause Clap Clap Clap

vgermuse wrote:
Most Friday's my dear friend, Bruce Bayard, and I meet and explore taking our Easels in new directions. We've fondly dubbed these weekly meetings:
Control Voltage Therapy.

Here's today's snippet. Just set up the iPad (first time I've tried this) and let it roll. Sorry my shoulder pops into frame now and then :-) Enjoy! w00t

mach20
This is incredibly enjoyable, thanks for sharing it!
babayard
Hello everyone,

This seems an opportune time to introduce myself. As Todd states in the original post, we've been meeting on Fridays for CVT for a few years. It's been a great honor and a huge benefit to work with him in the studio and on the performance stage. I've also been greatly inspired by many of your compositions and posts here in this forum.

My intention is to begin posting some of my solo experiments on the Easel, which I augment with a Lunchbox, which contains, among other things, the Benjolin, as you can see from Todd's clip.

I now have a video uploading to Youtube which I should be able to post here in a new thread sometime soon.

Thanks for all your great and inspiring work.
vgermuse
Just added CVT Two to the original post and here too. Enjoy!

vgermuse
Just added today's exploration:

better audio:
[soundcloud url="https://api.soundcloud.com/tracks/305968280" params="auto_play=false&hide_related=false&show_comments=true&show_use r=true&show_reposts=false&visual=true" width="100%" height="450" iframe="true" /]
klontart
Todd / Bruce,

Could you please describe the modules you guys use in the lunchbox? I'm especially interested in how you interface with the Easel. I don't recognize that 1U conversion tile.

Thanks,
Robert
babayard
Hi Robert,
Todd's going to have better info on his box and on our setup in general, but for my lunchbox, there's a single passive tile with two sets of banana - audio converters. Next to it there's a SR Mattson Buffered Multiple, and those two combined are great for distributing CV to and from the Benjolin. For all three videos posted here, I'm only using the Benjolin, and not any of the other three modules to the left of it.

As far as interaction with the Easel, I try all sorts of CV to and from each, in addition to aux in from the Benjolin to the Easel. The possibilities are endless.

Hope that helps, and thanks for your interest.
klontart
Thanks Bruce, that helped a lot, so no fancy CV voltage conversion between euro and buchla land. Nice.

The passive audio <> banana tile you were referring to, is that custom built?

Thanks again.
vgermuse
klontart wrote:
Thanks Bruce, that helped a lot, so no fancy CV voltage conversion between euro and buchla land. Nice.

The passive audio <> banana tile you were referring to, is that custom built?

Thanks again.

Hi Robert! Yes, the custom tile blanks are from Synthrotek. I just connected a banana jack to a mini jack, no resistor etc. my lunchbox has two such adapters. Here's a photo:

n.b. The purple mini Jack cable coming out of the attenuator in the upper right is just going to the side of the easel and acting as a ground.
missingtwin
CVT -my favorite band.
Rockin' Banana!

...love this stuff guys please keep documenting
your jam sessions!
vgermuse
missingtwin wrote:
CVT -my favorite band.
Rockin' Banana!

...love this stuff guys please keep documenting
your jam sessions!

Thanks!! We will keep documenting. And here is our band logo:

The superscript 4 = we perform in quadraphonic surround sound w00t
klontart
vgermuse wrote:
Hi Robert! Yes, the custom tile blanks are from Synthrotek. I just connected a banana jack to a mini jack, no resistor etc. my lunchbox has two such adapters.

n.b. The purple mini Jack cable coming out of the attenuator in the upper right is just going to the side of the easel and acting as a ground.

Hi Todd!

Thanks for the info and pic, that's great. Nice to see the box up close for once. The ground wire remark is a good one, I probably would have forgotten it. I'll start working on my own box and keep you posted.

Thanks,
Robert
vgermuse
klontart wrote:
vgermuse wrote:
Hi Robert! Yes, the custom tile blanks are from Synthrotek. I just connected a banana jack to a mini jack, no resistor etc. my lunchbox has two such adapters.

Hi Todd!

Thanks for the info and pic, that's great. Nice to see the box up close for once. The ground wire remark is a good one, I probably would have forgotten it. I'll start working on my own box and keep you posted.

Thanks,
Robert

Thanks much Robert! Would love to see your box when its finished! Here is a clean close up of mine. Bruce's has an AntiOscillator in place of my light strips and eon, and I believe a Synthrotek DLY in place of my via.
Cheers!

klontart
Sweet...

Todd, did any of you ever consider to use a euro version of the SoU in the box? I think it could be useful, but not 100% sure with all the random sources already available on the Easel.

I do vaguely remember seeing a video of one of these boxes with an SSF random module, but I'm probably mixing up stuff.
vgermuse
klontart wrote:
Sweet...

Todd, did any of you ever consider to use a euro version of the SoU in the box? I think it could be useful, but not 100% sure with all the random sources already available on the Easel.

I do vaguely remember seeing a video of one of these boxes with an SSF random module, but I'm probably mixing up stuff.

Hi Robert,

There is the Sputnik West Cost Random Source which is very much a Buchla SOU in eurorack format and SSF Ultimate Random Analog. They are both, at the core, based on random voltages. Benjolin (I.e. Hordijk design) while generating random voltages is, at the core, derived from noise and covers a wide range of both audio and cv which I find most useful for my needs. Just my thoughts. w00t
vgermuse
Just added CVT Four to our thread! w00t

CVT Four:

[soundcloud url="https://api.soundcloud.com/tracks/309412636" params="auto_play=false&hide_related=false&show_comments=true&show_use r=true&show_reposts=false&visual=true" width="100%" height="450" iframe="true" /]
vgermuse
Here is this week's sonic journey. w00t

[soundcloud url="https://api.soundcloud.com/tracks/310551585" params="auto_play=false&hide_related=false&show_comments=true&show_use r=true&show_reposts=false&visual=true" width="100%" height="450" iframe="true" /]
vgermuse
Here's this week's improv

[soundcloud url="https://api.soundcloud.com/tracks/311757285" params="auto_play=false&hide_related=false&show_comments=true&show_use r=true&show_reposts=false&visual=true" width="100%" height="450" iframe="true" /]

MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index -> Buchla, EMS & Serge Goto page 1, 2  Next [all]
Page 1 of 2