MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index
 FAQ & Terms of UseFAQ & Terms Of Use   Wiggler RadioMW Radio   Muff Wiggler TwitterTwitter   Support the site @ PatreonPatreon 
 SearchSearch   RegisterSign up   Log inLog in 
WIGGLING 'LITE' IN GUEST MODE

How do I get this effect on vocals
MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index -> Synth Noise  
Author How do I get this effect on vocals
noise_not_music
Ive heard alot of people use this effect in more industrial styled noise stuff, like genocide organ, puce mary etc. And I was wondering on how to get something similar. I know its gotta be a mic ran through certain effects pedals cause its able to be done live too not just studio after effects. Any ideas appreciated

Example:
https://www.youtube.com/shared?ci=67mmChN4PS8
sexcomputer
pretty sure you could do this with a distortion, delay, and modulation of some kind, like a deep chorus. I've got an old delta labs effectron that could probably replicate that vocal sound.
MrTurboparrot
probably any overdrive, fuzz or distortion you can name. You could try tons of effect pedals, but you'd probably be surprised that NOT turning everything to 12 would work, i.e. a nice crunch setting from a good ol' boss OD-2 or something like that.

Unlike the post above, I do not hear a lot of modulation, just a cr@p ton of white and/or pink noise and overdrive.
pstanig
noise_not_music wrote:
Ive heard alot of people use this effect in more industrial styled noise stuff, like genocide organ, puce mary etc. And I was wondering on how to get something similar. I know its gotta be a mic ran through certain effects pedals cause its able to be done live too not just studio after effects. Any ideas appreciated

Example:
https://www.youtube.com/shared?ci=67mmChN4PS8

That's most likely a band pass filter (or ms20 dual filter) with resonance cranked relatively high and lfo modulating cutoff at sub-audio (but fast-ish) rate. Some overdrive and delay before the filter. Maybe no overdrive, just overloading the ms20 filter.
beatcleaver
I'm not familiar with the people you mention but FWIW I've heard that the classic Ministry style vocal didn't use distortion - they used several compressors in series, mashing the hell out of the signal.
pstanig
double post because of glitch I guess
palimpsest
It's a modulation effect (flanger/phaser/chorus) with a fast LFO rate
mt3
Metasonix Auto-Tune.
noise_not_music
mt3 wrote:
Metasonix Auto-Tune.

Isn't that a computer editing effect?
metasonix
noise_not_music wrote:
mt3 wrote:
Metasonix Auto-Tune.

Isn't that a computer editing effect?

Haha! Animal! goatse.cx
Hans-g
I am tired of getting the spam of Hans Zimmer everytime I click on a video.
Unborn Gore
The tremolo on the Digitech Vocal 400 would get you there.
Sandrine
A Reflex LiveLoop could make this sound.
Modulating the sample rate with a 10 Hz LFO during the delay and feeding the feedback out to the other channel input would have a slapback effect that would also be modulated with varied phase pretty much just like this.
It sounds like there's some bit reduction going on in the backing music and perhaps some pre phase low bit distortion on the vocals. The feedback is also being varied thumbs up
MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index -> Synth Noise  
Page 1 of 1