MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index
 FAQ & Terms of UseFAQ & Terms Of Use   Wiggler RadioMW Radio   Muff Wiggler TwitterTwitter   Support the site @ PatreonPatreon 
 SearchSearch   RegisterSign up   Log inLog in 
WIGGLING 'LITE' IN GUEST MODE

New Elektron Machine coming this year ( 2017 )
MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index -> General Gear Goto page 1, 2, 3 ... 24, 25, 26  Next [all]
Author New Elektron Machine coming this year ( 2017 )
Groove_Addict
Looks like Elektron will introduce a new machine at NAMM
What you guys think it is ?
Another EFX processor ?
Octatrack 2.0 ?
I'm very curious about this [/img]
Annwn
Looks like something with a bunch of buttons/knobs and a big, green screen LCD à la MPC1000.
drowld
Nah it's probably not an octatrack 2.0.
Not sure it'll be a drum machine too.
The photo doesnt look like it is similar in layout as a rytm/octa/or any other elektron box

They seems to go the boutique effect way so maybe more fxflava. This is fun!
dumbledog
Looks like a bunch of grapes.
boxxgrooved
Hopefully something with less menu diving
Zerius
Seems to be a pedal multi FX regarding opinions on Elektronauts
Annwn
Zerius wrote:
Seems to be a pedal multi FX regarding opinions on Elektronauts

Wouldn't be a surprise. Still, can always dream for a Monomachine 2.0.
Zerius
Annwn wrote:
Wouldn't be a surprise. Still, can always dream for a Monomachine 2.0.

I don't think it's gonna happen for the moment, even for a possible OT 2, they have so many possibilities and concepts to develop before to upgrade their older devices now waah
hairbow
I could see an Overbridge, digital synthesis + analog filter type "MonoMachine 2". Or they could make a weird mixer of some sort ... but I don't think its a pedal. Will be open to being wrong though
skyshaver
Pedal would make sense, the market for guitar efx definitely dwarfs the boutique/esoteric synth/sequencer/sampler market. Maybe they'll make a bunch of money selling pedals and then invest it all in r&d on something we can't even conceive of right now. A 16 voice FM synth would be rad.
MATSmile
My bet it's a sequencer
Raven_Martin
A standalone Elektron sequencer with loads of connectivity options and a lovely big screen would be delicious.
Zerius
A elektron sequencer with cirklon influences applause
spudboyblues

Looks like Octa 2.0...
h4ndcrafted
Yep my money's on sequencer , lots of buttons and a biggish screen.
Heavenly3lues
skyshaver wrote:
A 16 voice FM synth would be rad.

We had one of those in 1983. It was called a DX7 hmmm.....
AdamJay
spudboyblues wrote:

Looks like Octa 2.0...

scroll down for:

"stme.music:
Source was Adobe Illustrator wink and nothing but wishful thinking."

I'm wishing too, though!
barto
updated SID station?
gentle_attack
Heavenly3lues wrote:
skyshaver wrote:
A 16 voice FM synth would be rad.

We had one of those in 1983. It was called a DX7 hmmm.....

Can you remind me how the DX7 did parameter locks, or probability on the operators, or throw multiple LFOS/sequencers on the OPs/other parameters? You can barely even modify your sound on that thing without external gear.... no disrespect to a classic obviously Miley Cyrus

I'm hoping something that is a mashup of MnM+MD engines with a lot of the BSP functionality as well. Digital (8 voices say), tons of FM and Modulation, 2 mulitmode analog filters per voice and has many flexible TRS outs (stereo out + 12aux ) that could be individual channels /drum sounds to a mixer, or trigs to Euro, (maybe even trig+note with breakouts like the A4). Maybe 16 overall channels, 8 "voices" 8 sequencers that can be external CV or use that chip power to double up your LFOs on the internal voices (no idea if that's how the programming of these things works tbh).

Of course all the PROB stuff of the Rytm, which can affect the FM OPs as well as everything else.

--- this is sounding fucking deep/expensive, then again it's Elektron, they could pull all that off at $1500 msrp----
Heavenly3lues
It was merely a tongue in cheek joke! A modern FM synth from Elektron would be amazing.
hairbow
!!!
Futuresound
I'll go with: a massively controllable mixer/interface. They've already paid the development costs for overbridge, and Analog Heat shows an interest in tracking and mixing.

Probably wrong though smile
Slabwax
Whatever it is I won't be smart enough to use it.
AdamJay
Cuckoo will train us to use it!
blinosynth
octatrack 2 with overbridge with no need for a screeeeeeen hyper hyper hyper hyper
with 16 ins/outs cry cry cry

..no
Dead Banana
MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index -> General Gear Goto page 1, 2, 3 ... 24, 25, 26  Next [all]
Page 1 of 26