MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index
 FAQ & Terms of UseFAQ & Terms Of Use   Wiggler RadioMW Radio   Muff Wiggler TwitterTwitter   Support the site @ PatreonPatreon 
 SearchSearch   RegisterSign up   Log inLog in 
WIGGLING 'LITE' IN GUEST MODE

Stereo Triggered Sampler from 4ms
MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index -> Eurorack Modules Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next [all]
Author Stereo Triggered Sampler from 4ms
4mspedals

Announcing the Stereo Triggered Sampler from 4ms Company! Come see it at NAMM, booth 5000!
cocco88
SBAM!!! in your face
Futuresound
Looks great.

The best part is, I know exactly how to use it just from the panel smile That's quality design.
Armstrb
Looking forward to seeing some demos of this.

Love all my 4ms modules, especially my DLD
bemerritt
Match made in heaven with the DLD
TrondC
Yeah! But I DO miss the Yellow/Green/Blue/Red colour scheeme wink

Can't wait to see it in action
Zymos
Futuresound wrote:
Looks great.

The best part is, I know exactly how to use it just from the panel smile That's quality design.

Was going to say the exact same thing. Not even especially interested in the module, but impressed with how obvious the functionality is.
Hovercraft
At long last--looks fantastic! w00t Samplers are the new black.
mtsngrs
I can't wait to see this one. I've held off on samplers just for this reason The Chewbacca Defense
shred
*eyes up the phonogene in the corner*

only half joking, the phonogene is amazing. looking forward to more specs on this one though
BTS
This looks neat.

I see the 1v/Oct inputs, I wonder if the sample re-triggers with the voltage input or if it alters the sample play on-the-fly?

This looks like a very interesting module. I've been interested in samplers that can play a sample across the a note range, rather than a percussion sampler.
brianobush
Looks as if you can't change bank/sample with CV.
Arders Bergdahl
brianobush wrote:
Looks as if you can't change bank/sample with CV.

It at least looks as if you can change sample with the CV in labeled "Sample":..
taylor12k
looks great.. couple of questions..

- wonder if it can play continuously (loop) without needing to re-trigger it.. (the "trigger" in the name makes me question this)

- can it sample and loop on the fly? like record on one channel while the other plays.. and immediately start playing the new recording...?

- is the PITCH control a time-stretch type of thing, or a varispeed "tape" style pitch (hopefully the latter, but i fear it's not because of the "speed" control... but we'll see..)

** correction. that's not a "speed" control, it's LENGTH.. nice.. so now i still have hope that the pitch is varispeed instead of time-stretch style...

i do wonder how this compares to the phonogene.. obviously it doesn't slice and chop.. but you can get into somewhat similar territory by CV'ing start and end times..

i'm sure all will be revealed soon!
MATSmile
Looks great!
Where is delay module mentioned earlier?
brianobush
taylor12k wrote:

wonder if it can play continuously (loop) without needing to re-trigger it.. (the "trigger" in the name makes me question this)

It has an out END OUT that could possibly be self-patched to PLAY ?
taylor12k
ah, yeah, don't see why that wouldn't work... if it doesn't loop by default...

brianobush wrote:
taylor12k wrote:

wonder if it can play continuously (loop) without needing to re-trigger it.. (the "trigger" in the name makes me question this)

It has an out END OUT that could possibly be self-patched to PLAY ?
brianobush
taylor12k wrote:
ah, yeah, don't see why that wouldn't work... if it doesn't loop by default...

Looping is initiated by holding the play button.
digidandy
This looks very nice! Curious about the price.

Thankfully I have learnt from previous eurorack experience that time from announcement to actual availability varies wildly, so here's hoping for a pre-summer-release ... w00t
jasev
Class. Defo buying
digidandy
taylor12k wrote:

- is the PITCH control a time-stretch type of thing, or a varispeed "tape" style pitch (hopefully the latter, but i fear it's not because of the "speed" control... but we'll see..)

Based on the video in the NAMM-thread: It's definitely varispeed. You can use length + starth to create faux time stretch effect, me thinks.

"Out spring 2017", apparently.

Very tempted by both new modules, but particularly the sample player - really like the wysiwyg concept compared to, say, what the ER-301 seems to be about. Different beasts, of course.
brianobush
digidandy wrote:
taylor12k wrote:

Based on the video in the NAMM-thread: It's definitely varispeed. You can use length + starth to create faux time stretch effect, me thinks.

I don't think it stretches the audio, but slice the beginning/end based on a start point and a provided length.
jam457
very curious to see the ease of sample saving and recall? Especially as I have a small system and I need to really squeeze out maximum functionality in a live situation..

The WYSIWYG style is such a good choice I think it stays true to a design style and ethos that is what sparked my interest in euro to begin with!

Amazing job!!
onthelees
There are two ways a sample can be played: I would like to know how this module works.

1. trigger a sample to play all the way through, where a re-trigger starts the sample from the beginning

vs.

2. Playing a sample via a Gate, in which the sample plays while the gate is high.
mopoco
TrondC wrote:
Yeah! But I DO miss the Yellow/Green/Blue/Red colour scheeme wink

i second that!

waah
MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index -> Eurorack Modules Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next [all]
Page 1 of 7