MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index
 FAQ & Terms of UseFAQ & Terms Of Use   Wiggler RadioMW Radio   Muff Wiggler TwitterTwitter   Support the site @ PatreonPatreon 
 SearchSearch   RegisterSign up   Log inLog in 
WIGGLING 'LITE' IN GUEST MODE

Spooky
MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index -> Buchla, EMS & Serge  
Author Spooky
plord
So I couldn't stand it, went into the storage room with headphones, and plugged in the Wiard. I wanted to do a little Quantized Wogglebug testing, don't you know.

I start wiring up the VCO and WFC, and for some reason reached for the tuner. I set the coarse tune to 9 o'clock and the fine tune to noon on both, just as a starting point, thinking I'll get them close by ear then turn to the strobe, and...um, holy shit, these two oscs are only about a cent off? I'm pulling the pulse wave from each, it sounds like a REALLY slow phaser is on it. Check with the tuner...yes.

This contradicts my expectations, to put it mildly. Kwote, can you put the coarse and fine tune knobs on your Blacet oscs to the same position and check the tuning? Or anyone else, with any other variety of osc?

I guess I find it surprising that:
1. two completely different circuits
2. built and calibrated and shipped more than 5 months apart
3. sitting in my poorly temperature and humidity (ahem) controlled environment for over 6 months

...would hold their basic tuning and calibration so thoroughly that you can EYEBALL the tuning to a closer tolerance than your typical guitar tuner can resolve. Is it just me? Is this normal? Do your oscs do that?

I'm like, OMFG the Quality we're not worthy we're not worthy we're not worthy we're not worthy we're not worthy we're not worthy we're not worthy we're not worthy we're not worthy we're not worthy
felix
Fucking impressive!!!

I've been able to do that with my AFGs, but they are two consecutively made units. And also are not:

1. two completely different circuits
2. built and calibrated and shipped more than 5 months apart
3. sitting in my poorly temperature and humidity (ahem) controlled environment for over 6 months

And, they were probably a little more than a cent off.
Kwote
my recollection of setting the knobs at the exact same position is it won't be close enough. i still have to tweak the fine knob a bit to get properly in tune. it holds okay. it's just when you start to jump around too far up the octave range that it falls apart. but then that's what the sync is for smile
D/A A/D
that's hot...
MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index -> Buchla, EMS & Serge  
Page 1 of 1