MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index
 FAQ & Terms of UseFAQ & Terms Of Use   Wiggler RadioMW Radio   Muff Wiggler TwitterTwitter   Support the site @ PatreonPatreon 
 SearchSearch   RegisterSign up   Log inLog in 
WIGGLING 'LITE' IN GUEST MODE

[BUILD] MFOS Echo Rockit eurorack
MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index -> Music From Outer Space  
Author [BUILD] MFOS Echo Rockit eurorack
synthcube
edit 5-11/2017:
available here: http://synthcube.com/cart/mfos-echo-rockit-euro

With gratitude to clarke68 for the panel design and barcode for the panel pcb layout, we're happy to announce the MFOS Echo Rockit for eurorack.

Shortly, we'll be offering panels, panel+pcb sets, full kits and assembled units for the PT2399-based echo.

Pots, jacks and switches mount to the panel PCB- no wiring! We'll post the BOM, schematics etc shortly. The original MFOS through-hole PCB layout is utilized in combination with the barcode panel pcb.

hmurdoch
definitely interested in this! would love cv control over delay time though. Should be a fairly simple mod?
stringsthings
Most excellent!
Devi
hmurdoch wrote:
definitely interested in this! would love cv control over delay time though. Should be a fairly simple mod?
thumbs up thumbs up thumbs up
DozenCrows
Something for the kludge space?
kingspill
Very much looking forward to this.
euromorcego
very interesting project! Just saw it now because it showed up in ModularGrid wink

But does it work with modular levels? The original runs on a single 9V battery, right?

And the MFOS page says

MFOS wrote:
Grounding issues will arise if the Echo Rockit is powered from one side of a dual supply system. The Echo Rockit's virtual ground will be at 1/2 of the positive supply which will make DC ground matching impossible. I think issues involving smoking ICs could arise if this advice is ignored. If you know of something I don't on this issue I'd be happy to hear it but I highly recommend the solution shown above in the "Powering an Echo Rockit from Your Dual Supply" illustration.

I see that the 78L05/79L05 has been included in the BOM. So I guess the suggested solution has been implemented (hard to see on the pcb). Does it work well in a modular context?

Any problem if the filter CV is like close to +12V or -12V?
synthcube
yes, it was designed to incorporate the MFOS circuitry for use on +/-12V euro systems... we're biased of course but love the couple of them we have set up here.
euromorcego
synthcube wrote:
yes, it was designed to incorporate the MFOS circuitry for use on +/-12V euro systems...

ok, great!

Do you happen to know if there is any problem when the input exceeds the 10V (as I understand, with the modification the Rockit essentially runs on +/-5V, so it should have a bit less headroom than the "usual" eurorack). I just want to make sure I can use it in a system without any thinking.
synthcube
we have not seen any issue, no... thanks
MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index -> Music From Outer Space  
Page 1 of 1