MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index
 FAQ & Terms of UseFAQ & Terms Of Use   Wiggler RadioMW Radio   Muff Wiggler TwitterTwitter   Support the site @ PatreonPatreon 
 SearchSearch   RegisterSign up   Log inLog in 
WIGGLING 'LITE' IN GUEST MODE

Intellijel Quad VCA
MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index -> Eurorack Modules Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next [all]
Author Intellijel Quad VCA
atrostor
A 4 channel mixing VCA with response curve and bias controls, and a +6dB gain boost switch. A lovechild of uVCA and Linix with a new trick up its sleeve? 12hp and costs $189.

More info here: https://intellijel.com/eurorack-modules/quad-vca/

Conrad
Looks like it could be the new gold standard for intro rack VCA systems, especially if it can beat veils by taking up less than 12 hp. It looks about that big, though. There's also a mysterious switch behind the level knobs... what could that be? eek!
atrostor
Conrad wrote:
Looks like it could be the new gold standard for intro rack VCA systems, especially if it can beat veils by taking up less than 12 hp. It looks about that big, though. There's also a mysterious switch behind the level knobs... what could that be? :eek:

I think it's 12hp. The switch seems to be a gain boost switch so, MAYBE, this could be used to boost line level signals to the Eurorack level.
lud
Do we need another Quad vca?
Conrad
lud wrote:

The continuous lin/exp transition shows up in relatively few modules and makes it worth it in my opinion for those who don't already have enough VCAS (which you can never REALLY have enough of, right?). Coming from a relatively large American Eurorack manufacturer, the killer detail here will likely be the name recognition and quality/cost ratio.
Conrad
atrostor wrote:

The switch seems to be a gain boost switch so, MAYBE, this could be used to boost line level signals to the Eurorack level.

That would be MASSIVE w00t
atrostor
Price, size and feature-wise this will likely compete with Veils (and possibly one-upping with bias control) but I think Linix will take the biggest hit from this.
Conrad
atrostor wrote:
Price, size and feature-wise this will likely compete with Veils (and possibly one-upping with bias control) but I think Linix will take the biggest hit from this.

Jeez, and for only $189. Maybe I should ditch my veils confused
absolve
If it distorts this will knock the Bubblesound VCA off my to buy list. VC mixer, VCA, Lin/exp sweep. Sign me up.
atrostor
Conrad wrote:
atrostor wrote:

Jeez, and for only $189. Maybe I should ditch my veils :confused:

Well, Veils is an extremely clean VCA also with the capability of boosting line level signals to Euro and response curve controls so I wouldn't be so hasty ditching it before hearing the Quad VCA.
Yodhan
Of course, right when I am looking at getting more VCAs.
Infinity Curve
Conrad wrote:
lud wrote:

The continuous lin/exp transition shows up in relatively few modules and makes it worth it in my opinion for those who don't already have enough VCAS (which you can never REALLY have enough of, right?). Coming from a relatively large American Eurorack manufacturer, the killer detail here will likely be the name recognition and quality/cost ratio.

Intellijel is Canadian. Have to say, this looks pretty nice, but wont this basically kill the µVCA II at that price point?
jwm
*nevermind*
tebs213
Infinity Curve wrote:
Conrad wrote:
lud wrote:

Intellijel is Canadian. Have to say, this looks pretty nice, but wont this basically kill the µVCA II at that price point?

Nope. Lots of HP conscious people out there, especially those of us who play out live a lot. I certainly won't be ditching mine.
lasesentaysiete
Conrad wrote:
Coming from a relatively large American Eurorack manufacturer

nice try
Geaux
Canada is still american, just you know, north american applause
Kummer
Wait, is Canada not in North America anymore?... Just because you guys have a cool president now and we have.... doesn't mean your getting out of this fantastic fun club... this will be the happiest 4 years since Bing Crosby tap-danced with Danny f#cking Kaye
lasesentaysiete
Kummer wrote:
a cool president

Prime Minister
Kummer
lasesentaysiete wrote:
Kummer wrote:
a cool president

Prime Minister

whatever smile
Infinity Curve
Kummer wrote:
Wait, is Canada not in North America anymore?... Just because you guys have a cool president now and we have.... doesn't mean your getting out of this fantastic fun club... this will be the happiest 4 years since Bing Crosby tap-danced with Danny f#cking Kaye

??? We have a Prime Minister, not a president, lol

As for North America, not sure what you are getting at. If someone asks an Italian person where they are from, do they say Europe?

Moving on... Miley Cyrus

I understand the previous comments regarding the µVCA versus this Quad VCA as far as HP, but if you can get 4 VCAs in this for less than 2 µVCA's, I see it hurting that product sales a bit.
boramx
mighty nice feature set and good price.

VCAs w/o bias controls, however....die earthling.Dalek if you make me add offsets from MATHS, i'll be upset at you. Exxxcellent
Kummer
OK, PRIME MINISTER... world leader is what I meant. People make mistakes, I'm a human being
Infinity Curve
Kummer wrote:
OK, PRIME MINISTER... world leader is what I meant. People make mistakes, I'm a human being

See, Canadians are all smiles and gumdrops until someone infers were American, then the gloves come off, eh.
brandnewmath
http://www.theonion.com/article/perky-canada-has-own-government-laws-1 9927
Naqin
boramx wrote:
mighty nice feature set and good price.

VCAs w/o bias controls, however....die earthling.Dalek if you make me add offsets from MATHS, i'll be upset at you. Exxxcellent

I'm pretty sure the level knobs will be bias controls.
MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index -> Eurorack Modules Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next [all]
Page 1 of 6