MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index
 FAQ & Terms of UseFAQ & Terms Of Use   Wiggler RadioMW Radio   Muff Wiggler TwitterTwitter   Support the site @ PatreonPatreon 
 SearchSearch   RegisterSign up   Log inLog in 
WIGGLING 'LITE' IN GUEST MODE

Robert Rich in Seattle
MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index -> Modular Synth General Discussion Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next [all]
Author Robert Rich in Seattle
russma
Robert Rich will be in Seattle to perform and lecture. Here are the details, via John Marshall on the AH list. Direct all inquiries to John at: wa7bsr at gmail dot com.

----------
Robert Rich will be performing in Seattle:

Thursday, July 1st at 8:00PM

The Chapel Performance Space at Good Shepherd Center
4649 Sunnyside Ave N
Seattle, WA

www.robertrich.com
---------------------------------------------------------------------- --------------

Robert Rich will also be available to discuss/lecture in Renton:

Friday, July 2nd 7:00PM

Renton Technical College
Technology Resource Center, Blencoe Auditorium, Bldg C
3000 NE 4th St
Renton, WA 98056

He would like a suggested topic.
He would like this meeting to be well promoted. Please post this everywhere,
freeway off ramps, etc.
He would like a good group of people.

Okay guys, I need your assistance to make this work.

Take care,
John
bar|none
I ordered tickets to his Portland show yesterday. Can't wait!!
JohnLRice
Friday, July 2nd, 2010 7:00 PM
Lecture/Discussion with Robert Rich:
Topic: Using Modular Synthesizers In Live Performances hyper w00t screaming goo yo

Robert Rich Live, San Jose, June-11-2010
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Y83CT8Kccv4

Interview during current tour:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0rsZFsquTJc
computer controlled
How much are tickets?
JohnLRice
The lecture on July 2nd is free, the concert on July 1st is $5-$15 sliding scale, door only.
computer controlled
What is "sliding scale" ? =o]
JohnLRice
computer controlled wrote:
What is "sliding scale" ? =o]

I think that means he's not touring with a quantizer in his rack??? seriously, i just don't get it lol

From Wikipedia:
Sliding scale fees are variable costs for products, services, or taxes based on one's ability to pay[1]. Such fees are thereby reduced for those who have lower incomes or less money to spare after their personal expenses, regardless of income.

So, if yous poor, pay $5, if you stylin phat bank, cough up $15 beeautch! thumbs up
computer controlled
I be Poh White Trash! At the same time, i'd feel bad only paying $5. I'll have to argue with myself on how much i should let myself pay.

ambulance
essex sound lab
JohnLRice wrote:

So, if yous poor, pay $5, if you stylin phat bank, cough up $15 beeautch! thumbs up

Do you need to bring a W-2?
bar|none
Just saw him in Portland, OR last night.

Great experience. Sorry for ducking out a tad before it ended but had a huge drive back to the stix.
Babaluma
great interview!

anyone know what ribbon controller he is playing?
paults
It's a lap steel guitar, run through an old 70s effect. He is rubbing the strings with a Sears 3/8" socket and has a 1/2" socket in the other hand for the pitch.

Nice MOTM gear p0rn at 3:15, you can hear the E340 Cloud Generator.
Babaluma
cool, i thought it looked like a ribbon controller but from what you say it sounds more like the old "glissando" guitar technique as used by daevid allen and steve hillage in gong. i think they used to use cutlery. wink
clarke68
JohnLRice wrote:
Robert Rich Live, San Jose, June-11-2010
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Y83CT8Kccv4

Interview during current tour:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0rsZFsquTJc
Thanks for posting...I wanted to make the show, but couldn't at the last minute. Great looking stage.

Enjoyed the interview as well.
computer controlled
I really wanted to make it tonight, but i can't afford it =o[
JohnLRice
Om Robert put on an excellent concert tonight! Om

I look forward to the lecture tomorrow (Friday July 2nd)! hyper
JohnLRice
Bumpageness! Starts in two hours . ..

Friday, July 2nd, 2010 7:00 PM
Lecture/Discussion with Robert Rich:
Topic: Using Modular Synthesizers In Live Performances
JohnLRice
It was a great lecture/discussion with Robert tonight! w00t A VERY small gathering but thanks to everyone who showed up:
John Marshall and his beautiful wife, J3RK and his friend, a couple guys who attened the concert last night and myself.

Other Seattle area Wigglers, wha happen? waah seriously, i just don't get it cry
JohnLRice
I edited together two videos of Robert's discussion/lecture session last night. Since my D300s digital SLR camera only shoots 5 minutes or less at a time there are multiple edits/splices.

Only the little built in mono camera mic was used so the sound quality is what it is.

Please enjoy! This is part 1. I'll post part 2 when it finishes uploading to YouTube in about an hour.

JohnLRice
Here's the second half:

J3RK
This was a lot of fun. Was good to meet you too. Looking forward to the meeting. (Glad I finally made it to something around here.) w00t
JohnLRice
J3RK wrote:
This was a lot of fun. Was good to meet you too. Looking forward to the meeting. (Glad I finally made it to something around here.) w00t

Likewise, J3RK! SlayerBadger! Looking forward to seeing you and everyone on the 24th!
computer controlled
Bummed i missed it waah
Bryan B
I haven't actually heard the Cloud Generator or Morphing Terrarium in use yet, pretty beasty modules!
dude
john, thanks for shooting those. really nice to see!
MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index -> Modular Synth General Discussion Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next [all]
Page 1 of 3