MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index
 FAQ & Terms of UseFAQ & Terms Of Use   Wiggler RadioMW Radio   Muff Wiggler TwitterTwitter   Support the site @ PatreonPatreon 
 SearchSearch   RegisterSign up   Log inLog in 
WIGGLING 'LITE' IN GUEST MODE

Noise Engineering Cursus Iteritas
MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index -> Eurorack Modules  
Author Noise Engineering Cursus Iteritas
richardisabelle
I love Noise Engineering, but anyone else less than enthused by the video they just posted?

https://www.instagram.com/p/BPdNWrmDnKU/
ignatius
just saw it on instagram. looks dope to me. i like the sound of it.. want to hear more.

i love oscillators
Conrad
seems pretty cool to me, although it is hard to tell just how much depth the module has from just that short facebook video. The different parameters did seem to have somewhat similar effects on the sound compared to say, the iteritas or a mangrove. However it's also a sound that's very rare to come out of a single core oscillator.
adderbrew
Cursus Iteritas sounds pretty cool to me! hyper
Futuresound
I got to hear a prototype earlier this year, sounded great!
Zymos
Yawn, not another orthogonal oscillator...

Sounds badass!
Kent
$355! Damn!
pugix
Looks cool, but need more demos. It sounds quite a bit like Loquelic Iteritas, but no doubt has different CV-able parameters. Often it's the dynamic modulations of parameters that can really show off the sounds. Just knob twiddling gives a limited feel.
Hovercraft
Yes, hard to figure out the differences between Loquelic and Cursus, but I have no doubt Cursus is a beast and unique. Have Loquelic, Sinc, and Basilimus--all genius-level modules. Anything new from Noise Engineering is interesting.
djd_oz
What's an orthogonal oscillator?
Timmy
djd_oz wrote:
What's an orthogonal oscillator?

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Hadamard_transform
bhinton
Sounds fantastic to me.
mdoudoroff
One fundamental, practical distinction: the CI is a single oscillator with a single pitch input, while the LI is two oscillators (sort of) with two separate pitches.
southberry
mmmm I like these sounds ! I was lurking on a LI but I will wait to learn more about this module !
richardisabelle
I was about to buy a 2nd LI when I saw this one, so I held off, but not hearing anything my LI can't do, and it costs more, so went ahead and picked up another LI. I'd love to hear some future demos that change my mind, but for now..
autopoiesis
mdoudoroff wrote:
One fundamental, practical distinction: the CI is a single oscillator with a single pitch input, while the LI is two oscillators (sort of) with two separate pitches.

That's true, but one upshot is that it will be much easier to keep this thing in tune while hopefully hitting similar spots as on the LI.
duck1887
richardisabelle wrote:
I love Noise Engineering, but anyone else less than enthused by the video they just posted?

https://www.instagram.com/p/BPdNWrmDnKU/

Yes: my inner Latin teacher wants to hear the word "Iteritas" accented on the second syllable. meh
ignatius
cheliosheart
Great oscillator, it quickly is becoming my favorite. Really love how easy it is to dial in harmonic overtones. With the wavefolder you can also get into similar territory of the Loquelic, but I think Cursus really excels at making nice "round" timbres. Maybe a bit easier to control too, but it's definitely a different oscillator than the Loquelic. With a pinch of audio rate modulation it can produce some nice vibrant textures.

Here I have Cursus as the primary oscillator. I forget all the intermodulations going on but essentially the brighter sparse tone is Cursus modulated by Sinc Iter then fed into an Optomix swelled by Maths. The throbbing tone is also from the same Cursus output, which is multed out to a 4ms DLD,then sent to a R*S Serge VCFS, and finally sent to the Frap Tools CGM mixer whose VCA is modulated by a triangle from new Pam's:

https://instagram.com/p/BSKZjmEg7Sb/
loachhat
ignatius wrote:

Begging for an electro-cumbia beat. Those slides...
risome
Its going to take the last 10hp in my 360 case .I believe it will be a very good complex oscillator addition to my set up. Miley Cyrus
pirxthepilot
Wonder how good is it for ambient/droney stuff?
richardisabelle
Picked one up, even though the demo's didn't exactly floor me, and I like it. It's no Loqueric Iteritas, but it has a home in my rack for sure.
matttech
I liked some of the sounds I was hearing as this demo progressed - seemed to come alive with some modulation applied

gonner
Here are a few with the Cursus

https://www.instagram.com/p/BR4OVxMBOGu/?taken-by=kevinboyle
https://www.instagram.com/p/BRzU0drhAMs/?taken-by=kevinboyle
https://www.instagram.com/p/BSpELjlBO8l/?taken-by=kevinboyle
matttech
gonner wrote:
Here are a few with the Cursus

https://www.instagram.com/p/BR4OVxMBOGu/?taken-by=kevinboyle
https://www.instagram.com/p/BRzU0drhAMs/?taken-by=kevinboyle
https://www.instagram.com/p/BSpELjlBO8l/?taken-by=kevinboyle

Awesome - really inspiring stuff! applause
TINCT
Anymore demos of Cursus out there?
The Illuminaire
TINCT wrote:

Most of my recent videos on IG feature two Cursus Iteritas in each patch. Patch notes are attached to each video as well. Should you be interested, my IG link is in my signature.
matttech
TINCT wrote:

I recorded some stuff with it the other night - just noodling away on a Korg SQ1 sequenced patch - but I've not uploaded it yet

]soon!
risome
Now that i have mine I'm well impressed with this oscillator.
Rich and full of harmonics waiting to be teased out.A great addition to my system. Miley Cyrus
Worwell
Picked up a used copy of the Cursus Iteritas ("Cursus"? "CI"?) yesterday. Here is a first patch getting to know it a bit. First impression is the "musical" sibling to the Loequlic.

Patch is Rossum Satellite sequencing Cursus Iteritas modulated by Just Friends to QMMF-4 Filter/VCA to Echophon.

Worwell
And through a low pass gate. This thing can rip like the Loquelic.

Worwell
Cursus Iteritas through Warps Parasites Delay into Valhalla Shimmer.

Worwell
The demo no one was asking for. Cursus/Complex Oscillator cross modulation noise patch.

ccastellanossf
All really nice. I'd love to hear it through an Eventide H3000 or Space.
mdoudoroff
Very good new video demo:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=88Nr5cQDbqU&t=0s
tommygee
Just got this module. I already have got the Shape Shifter and previously had Hertz Donut (which I didn't like). Love how this module can get into the digital madness zone but still being ballsy and melodically beautiful. Did some really amazing warm but precise sounding heavy sub bass lines yesterday. It's a fun and painless module to explore.
Flamusic
An other happy Cursus owner here smile
kbithecrowing
Ciglar's demo is really great. I really like the ability to emphasize and sweep harmonics, like the Telharmonic or Verbos Harmonic but with a different flavor. Plus harmonically tuned aliasing! So cool.
starthief
Always happy to see James Cigler demos.
Flamusic
Can someone tell me for what the sync input is ?
Is it for normal oscilator sync with an other VCO ?
uebl
Flamusic wrote:
Can someone tell me for what the sync input is ?
Is it for normal oscilator sync with an other VCO ?

According to the manual, yes.
Flamusic
im not exactly shure what "resets the edge based oscilator" means
uebl
Flamusic wrote:
im not exactly shure what "resets the edge based oscilator" means

I believe that's just another way of saying "hard sync"/resetting the VCO's cycle.
Flamusic
ok, thank you.
I thought maybee theres a way to sync the modulations to a clock or something.
But i also think its a way of hard sync
Footkerchief
kbithecrowing wrote:
Ciglar's demo is really great. I really like the ability to emphasize and sweep harmonics, like the Telharmonic or Verbos Harmonic but with a different flavor. Plus harmonically tuned aliasing! So cool.

Yeah, philosophically it seems much more like additive synthesis than wavetable synthesis. "Dynamically generated wavetable" is a strange term if it just means algorithmically generating a digital representation of a waveform, since that would be a requirement of any digital additive oscillator. Goes hand-in-hand with the fake Latin, I guess.

But it does sound really good.
CaptainRockout
Worwell wrote:
Cursus Iteritas through Warps Parasites Delay into Valhalla Shimmer.

I got chills from this one! woah
Daisuk
Arrr ... the "local" store had this one on a 35% discount, and I just couldn't resist any longer, although the lord knows I don't need any more oscillators. Oh, well, looking forward to explore it. Loquelic is definitely one of the coolest modules I have, so I reckon I'll like it. Mr. Green
Tumulishroomaroom
Got one today too, eagerly awaiting it's arrival. I've sold my other oscillator and only kept the Loquelic (I love it that much) and the Cursus will be there to fill the gap.
NoLegs
More fun with the Cursus Iteritas. Also Basimilus Iteritas Alter, Boomtschack, Erica Synths Pico Drums. And some Bass guitar.

[video]https://youtu.be/kEc6ejhtiKs[/video]
matttech
"video is unavailable" .... Maybe it's set to private?
Daisuk
It's a lovely oscillator. I think Noise Engineering really have cracked the oscillator code for me - more advanced than your most basic analog VCO's, but not so complicated or stuffed with stuff it's difficult to control. Lots of CV inputs, and lots of meaninful control. It's lovely. Great design. Well done, NE! applause
NoLegs
matttech wrote:
"video is unavailable" .... Maybe it's set to private?

Yeah, that’s what I get for postin the link before it finished uploading. It failed. I’ll try reposting it again very frustrating
NoLegs
Fixed!

joskery
How are people getting along with the Cursus after a while?

Been pondering this vs. the Shapeshifter. I pretty much know what the Shapeshifter can do, and its a lot. However, I love the BIA's sound, but am a little worried about versatility concerning the Cursus. What do you think?

Thanks!
pitri
joskery wrote:
How are people getting along with the Cursus after a while?

Been pondering this vs. the Shapeshifter. I pretty much know what the Shapeshifter can do, and its a lot. However, I love the BIA's sound, but am a little worried about its versatility. What do you think?

Thanks!

almost any setting on the CI is a sweetspot - its brilliant.
the SS obviously does way more but its much harder to dial the proper sound, at least for me.
Tumulishroomaroom
Well I don't know if that answers your question but :

For a while I had both the Shapeshifter and the Cursus in my case (6U). I bough the Shapeshifter mainly because I wanted chords in my rack and though the whole bunch of stuff it can do as well would be a great bonus. However when I didn't use chords I almost always reached to the Cursus and/or the Loquelic first, they are so immediate and fun to use that I did not feel the urge to dig into the Shapeshifter most of the time.
Then I bough the Digitakt and felt that I might as well sample chords and so I sold the Shapeshifter (and bough an Ultrafold as well to replace the Fold in the Shapeshifter). I haven't regretted my decision for a sec. Of course I guess the Shapeshifter can do way more but these things I never did with it.

Bottom line for me is : the Cursus sounds so good I just reach for it every time (mind you I'm a bit of a NE fanboy and only have the Cursus and Loquelic as "proper" oscillators + Just Friends that can be used as an harmonic oscillator as well). I can do tremendous drones, it can be very bass heavy, and it can also be really quite pretty too. Center/Struct//Tilt/Edge parameters are especially great to modulate (with attenuation). What I also really like about the iteritas line is that they sound great even without a pitch sequence.

Definitely not a diss on the Shapeshifter though, it's a great oscillator, but the sound+form factor of the Cursus/Loquelic is just too perfect.
kbithecrowing
Tumulishroomaroom wrote:
I can do tremendous drones, it can be very bass heavy, and it can also be really quite pretty too. Center/Struct//Tilt/Edge parameters are especially great to modulate (with attenuation). What I also really like about the iteritas line is that they sound great even without a pitch sequence.

I would agree with this sentiment. I really enjoy how parameterized the timbre controls are and there's a wide variety of sound to be had. I've found a couple areas of the CI's sound pallette that I keep returning to (easily, no menus w00t), but I still find exploring other areas of it's sound rewarding too. I typically use it for bass & drone duties because that's what I feel like it excels at. I also think it compliments analog oscillators well. There are times where it sounds completely digital but still meshes just fine with the sound of my DPO.
kbithecrowing
Also How does the CI sound through the ultrafold? hyper

(Sorry for the double post d'oh! )
induktor
NoLegs wrote:
Fixed!

I’m into this hihi
joskery
Okay, so three pretty hearty endorsements smile Sounds good!

The thing with the BIA was that it really took me by surprise how much more there is to the module than what the existing demos convey – seems that the 'noise' in Noise Engineering's name sets some expectations to people smile And it's very encouraging to hear that Cursus is very versatile.

Pitri, Tumulishroomaroom, I hear you. I previously had the Shapeshifter and really love the breadth of options available, but it's not all sweet spots, at all. Still, I see what people come up with it (looking at you exper smile, and I realize it's mostly me, not the module.

It's crazy how few demos there are of Cursus – Soundcloud has <10 clips available, and YouTube is not much better.
Tumulishroomaroom
The Cursus Iteritas might be the most versatile of the bunch. Although the Loquelic is really versatile too, it doesn't have the same breadth of sounds. I should try and post a few soundcloups clips, but "sound" demo are a bit boring to make.
NoLegs
induktor wrote:
NoLegs wrote:
Fixed!

I’m into this hihi

Thank you! Rockin' Banana!
Tumulishroomaroom
Here's one a finished yesterday :

Cursus Iteritas

[s]http://soundcloud.com/tumulishoomaroom/atc-sidechain[/s]

First sound source (low droning voice) is the Cursus Iteritas, then the Loquelic comes with a pitch sequence. These are the only sound sources apart from the Digitakt taking care of percussion duties. Modulation courtesy of the newly acquired Just Friends. The ATC is at the end of the modular chain with an inverted envelope in order to create a sort of ducking effect and so that I have a delicious master filter as well.

There are more "extensive" patch notes on Soundcloud.

At close to 8minutes it runs a bit long but you know how it is when you turn those cutoff knobs !

Please be aware that this is the first tune ever I put up on Soundcloud !

Edit : I put up a link because Soundcloud upload never works here... how do you guys shorten url ?
Futuresound
Tumulishroomaroom that's fantastic, nice use of just a few elements.
Tumulishroomaroom
Futuresound wrote:
Tumulishroomaroom that's fantastic, nice use of just a few elements.

Thanks a lot that's very kind ! After quite a few tweaks and changes I'm really happy with this setup. The Digitakt really is what I needed all this time to make the music I want, and has helped me refine my modular tremendously.

I have no shortage of love for the Loquelic/Cursus/Just Friends/MMF-6/ATC combo. I feel like I'm pushing these oscillators in everyone's hand on every thread ahah.
joskery
Tumulishroomaroom – thanks for uploading the sample, sounds really nice! And I really appreciate you taking the time to enlighten me about the Cursus smile
uebl
kbithecrowing wrote:
Also How does the CI sound through the ultrafold? hyper

(Sorry for the double post d'oh! )

Well, the CI has a wavefolder built in and it sounds great. A/B testing this built-in wavefolder vs. the ultrafold of course would be interesting..
Tumulishroomaroom
It does, but they sound completely different. I like to split the signal and process it with different filters and the Ultrafold. That's in part what I did in the example above, but it may be hard to discern...
Tumulishroomaroom
Here's a new one where the Cursus feature very prominently :

[s]http://soundcloud.com/tumulishoomaroom/voltage-block[/s]

The idea was to really try and get into the potential of the Voltage Block when it comes to modulation, and I wanted to dig into the Cursus further as well. This ended up being a little different, a bit more mental if you wish, trying to reach peak intensity of a groove using just modulation and lots of manual wiggling.

No pitch sequence, only careful modulation of most parameters !
NoLegs

Cursus run into the Audio In of the Erica Synths Fusion VCO, and then into the Pittsburgh Modular Lifeforms Binary Filter and then into the Pittsburgh Modular Lifeforms Dynamic Impulse Filter.

Duophonic Moog Mother-32 in the intro, and then it's just Cursus, DFAM and Morphagene.

Effects:

Meris Polymoon
Meris Mercury 7
Meris Ottobit Jr.
Soma Labs Lyra-8

SoundCloud if thats more your speed:

https://soundcloud.com/tl3ss/hues
worra
I have a CI but I had trouble getting it to do all the things I wanted it to. Kinda felt limited at times when I wanted it to sound "nice", as most of the settings on it sounded pretty harsh to me? Don't get me wrong, I love some harsh stuff but I think this one might have to give it up to Plaits in my rack.
kbithecrowing
worra wrote:
I have a CI but I had trouble getting it to do all the things I wanted it to. Kinda felt limited at times when I wanted it to sound "nice", as most of the settings on it sounded pretty harsh to me? Don't get me wrong, I love some harsh stuff but I think this one might have to give it up to Plaits in my rack.

Cleanest settings to branch out from: center from 10-2, width from min-11, tilt to taste, all other knobs at their minimum, & don't use the Walsh mode. Modulate structure first, then center, then width. Gentle modulation is the key to the beauty of this one. I get plenty of "clean" sounds with mine not normally associated with NE's sound pallette.
Tumulishroomaroom
Yes many clean sounds to be found, just be sure to attenuate your modulation like with most NE oscillators ! I also found that's it's the "least" immediate of the bunch yet probably the most versatile.
gringz
it's not the first time i've seen people "warning" about attenuating modulation for NE, (i'm thinking about the LI and Manis), why is it so important?
uebl
Depending on what you're trying to achieve it's not important at all. But if you're looking for sounds that don't scream, subtle modulation is generally the way to go. NE oscillators often offer a wide variety of sounds, so heavy modulation likely gets you into screaming territory.
joskery
Yeah. The majority of YouTube demos are of people modulating everything end-to-end, which results in the noisy mess that the demos are. Subtle modulation allows for precision.
worra
joskery wrote:
Yeah. The majority of YouTube demos are of people modulating everything end-to-end, which results in the noisy mess that the demos are. Subtle modulation allows for precision.

Not to topic shift too much but what are your favorite space-saving attenuation methods?
uebl
worra wrote:
joskery wrote:

Not to topic shift too much but what are your favorite space-saving attenuation methods?

Well, just use small (2hp or 4hp) attenuator modules or attenuating patch cables (I personally hate and would never them, tho), or, even better, use a modulation source which allows you to set the modulation level, e.g. Pam's New Workout, SSF Ultra Random Analog (at least for it's 2 "main" outs) etc.
gringz
ok i get it, well as a manis will soon be on the way i'm really interrested in space-saving attenuation methods as well!! i've seen thonks AT-AT-AT, 3 att for like 4hp something, but if you have better or somehting DIY i'll take it ! smile
uebl
There's the 2hp attenuator which has 2 passive attenuators in.. well.. 2hp, and the WMD/SSF Quad atten which has 4 passive attenuators in 4hp. I like the latter much better because of the knob size, but I guess it depends on the size and layout of your rack.
gringz
wow seems reaaly expensive though, i' think i'll go for the AT-AT-AT, for even less than the WMD i have 6attenuators, plus it's diy so it's fun smile only it's more hps, but all in all it's not that much more so i say it's worth it, thanks !
Bachelard
I have the Fonitronik Cascade, which I believe is like the AT-AT-AT but much more flexible. You can use it as a mixer/offset/attenuverter.

And back to the Cursus - I almost NEVER turn the Fold up. I'm also not a fan of the harsh/noisy side of NE oscillators, and have used the Cursus mainly for mellow ambient type stuff. The first mode (D?) I find the mellowest, and the other two gets very rich and buzzy (in very pleasant ways though) once you turn up the Centre and Structure.

but yes, definitely need to attenuate the modulation before going in.
scuto
gringz wrote:
ok i get it, well as a manis will soon be on the way i'm really interrested in space-saving attenuation methods as well!! i've seen thonks AT-AT-AT, 3 att for like 4hp something, but if you have better or somehting DIY i'll take it ! smile

https://www.thonk.co.uk/shop/airtenuator-pcb-kit/
gringz
scuto wrote:
gringz wrote:

yep i've seen those, but i really don't like the idea of having flying attenuators.. no objective reason
Tumulishroomaroom
I have the WMD/SSF right next to Loquelic/Manis and despite being utterly not sexy; it's one of my favorite module because its nice to use and it breathes life to a patch as you can wiggle the amount of attenuation. Any VCA will do to if you want to automate the process; me I prefer attenuators so I can play them.
gringz
zlob modular 6VCA could be interresting as well, i just thought of it, not that expensive for 6 goddamn vcas!!
scuto
gringz wrote:
scuto wrote:
gringz wrote:

yep i've seen those, but i really don't like the idea of having flying attenuators.. no objective reason

I totally get that--I have an irrational dislike for shiny knobs. One of my favorite things about modular is finding the solutions that work best for me, while still being inspired by the other stuff and how others use it even if it's not what I want or need. This is fun!
gringz
OMG you don't like shiny knobs!!!! shame on you!!! haha yes well i'd be inclined to make progress that way as well, plus you often discover new ways to patch, new sounds you can achieve with what you have that you never would have thought by yourself.. it's really inspiring wink
Futuresound
Bachelard wrote:

And back to the Cursus - I almost NEVER turn the Fold up. I'm also not a fan of the harsh/noisy side of NE oscillators, and have used the Cursus mainly for mellow ambient type stuff. The first mode (D?) I find the mellowest, and the other two gets very rich and buzzy (in very pleasant ways though) once you turn up the Centre and Structure.

but yes, definitely need to attenuate the modulation before going in.

That Fold knob (as with Loquelic) is a powerful beast. It's nice going into the right filter but you do have to be careful with it.

The controls on Cursus are very inter-related, but I find Structure has a big part to play in the character. Even harmonics (counter clockwise) can sound 'more analog' or rougher, while odd harmonics (clockwise) sound 'more digital' or smoother to me.
kbithecrowing
I also tend to keep the fold pretty low, but it's nice to slowly increase it durng a drone patch for swells of intensity. I also find the fold knob to be interesting to play with if you have edge cranked. The folding takes on a different character that doesn't sound the same a the typical "WOOOOW" foliding. Not really a clean sound, but an expansion of it's sound pallette for sure.

I'd also agree that structure has a good amount to do with the character of the sound. The other day I was experimented by modulating the structure knob with the same envelope that was controlling the CIs amplitude (attenuated, of course cool ). I was getting some pretty subtle movement that I couldn't necessarily pick out, but the CI sounded more plain without it. I'm sure the same technique could be used to good effect with other controls on the CI, as well.
scuto
gringz wrote:
OMG you don't like shiny knobs!!!! shame on you!!! haha yes well i'd be inclined to make progress that way as well, plus you often discover new ways to patch, new sounds you can achieve with what you have that you never would have thought by yourself.. it's really inspiring wink

Ha! Yes, sadly it's true. I like my heresy. hihi

This thread really isn't helping with my Cursus GAS.

Futuresound wrote:
Even harmonics (counter clockwise) can sound 'more analog' or rougher, while odd harmonics (clockwise) sound 'more digital' or smoother to me.

I've seen some describe Cursus as on the "colder" side of things w/r/t oscillators, so when you speak of even harmonics sounding "more analog", do you feel the coldness subsides a little, or are you just speaking to the roughness versus smoothness aspect?
Multi Grooves
gringz wrote:
zlob modular 6VCA could be interresting as well, i just thought of it, not that expensive for 6 goddamn vcas!!

Don't take this on if it is your first build- many have struggled with it.
gringz
it wouldn't be my first and i've read the thread, i'm quite confident (might be wrong though haha), we'll see!
Arcana
Can anyone suggest (or make) a video about this module that demonstrates a more “melodic” side? I’m interested hut my rack is getting tight and need to decide on my modules carefully. The sound of the alias is a trusty really great. I’m into electro-pop and fake bit styles. I do already have a BIA also, so I am roughly familiar with heir other stuff.
Futuresound
Futuresound wrote:
Even harmonics (counter clockwise) can sound 'more analog' or rougher, while odd harmonics (clockwise) sound 'more digital' or smoother to me.

I've seen some describe Cursus as on the "colder" side of things w/r/t oscillators, so when you speak of even harmonics sounding "more analog", do you feel the coldness subsides a little, or are you just speaking to the roughness versus smoothness aspect?[/quote]

I was referring more to a textural difference, not really sure about warm or cold.
modbear
I've had Cursus for a couple of weeks. I'm not sure I would describe it as either "warm" or "cold". It's versatile and has its own palette of sounds and possibilities for modulation that I wouldn't easily be able to get from my other oscillators (including DPO, Mangrove, Just Friends, Plaits, and BIA).

For additive synthesis this is probably my favorite oscillator so far.
NoLegs
This one features the Cursus Iteritas pretty heavily. I have it running into the Audio input of the Erica Synths Fusion VCO so the tube VCO tracks it, and then into the Rabid Elephant Natural Gate, and finally into the Erica Synths Fusion Delay/Flanger/Vintage Ensemble. It comes in around 2:10.

Rest of the sounds are coming from a BIA, Manis Iteritas, SSF Entity Percussion Synth, Pico Drum and Morphagene.

Outsider Sound Design
Testing out the Noise Engineering Cursus Iteritas with a Planar2, MAK Crazy Sound Technology Octronix, and Walrus Audio Descent.

NoLegs
Cursus Iteritas through the Joranalogue Filter 8.

There's also some Manis Iteritas and Loquelic Iteritas Percido in there as well, but it's mostly Cursus.

matttech
Niiice demo thumbs up

I often wonder why this one tends to get overlooked in the Noise Engineering range of vcos....not “out there” as much as the others perhaps? ....but still a great oscillator, and I’m sure I recorded some nice demos with it a while back that I never got round to uploading.

I think they are on my “to do” list, along with fifty thousand other more pressing jobs like “sort pension out” (been on the list since I quit my day job to go full time at Matttech Modular several years ago) .....and many that start with the words “ring HMRC and...”

That’s about as far as I get with those - reading up to that exact point. zombie
cloudleft
To get a slowly evolving drone that has a more 'harmonic' or stable timbre, I mostly use the 'mix' output of the verbos harmonic oscillator, with some Lin FM applied, and with a slow cycling envelope going into the 'tilt' control. I'm wondering if Cursus can cover that ground, and in less space?
cloudleft
bumping this and adding another question, if anyone knows:

what's the approximate freq range on the CI? Can it go down to subaudio clicks/wubs?
scuto
cloudleft wrote:
bumping this and adding another question, if anyone knows:

what's the approximate freq range on the CI? Can it go down to subaudio clicks/wubs?

Yes, but not by much; I wouldn't suggest it as an LFO at all. Your clicks/wubs characterization seems apt from what I recall (it's out of my case at the moment).
MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index -> Eurorack Modules  
Page 1 of 5