MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index
 FAQ & Terms of UseFAQ & Terms Of Use   Wiggler RadioMW Radio   Muff Wiggler TwitterTwitter   Support the site @ PatreonPatreon 
 SearchSearch   RegisterSign up   Log inLog in 
WIGGLING 'LITE' IN GUEST MODE

Intellijel Tetrapad
MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index -> Eurorack Modules Goto page 1, 2, 3 ... 14, 15, 16  Next [all]
Author Intellijel Tetrapad
drxcm
Don't know what you guys thing, but this is the new NAMM module that piques my interest the most.
Looks fantastic, simple to use and powerful. Kind of like a touch version of Frames.

Touch / pressure faders
Quantised outputs
Chord memory
Preset recall
Multiple units can be chained
Accessory sequencing module planned
Monome integration planned

starts 2:46

exper
Same here. I think this will be what I always wished for from my pressure points. Hoping I can squeeze in a pair of these.
bobbcorr
Could this replace a quartet of Soundmachine's LS1 Lightstrips?
joem
I'll have to check it out in person to make sure, but I think this might have wiped the Pressure Points off of my to-buy list.

bobbcorr wrote:
Could this replace a quartet of Soundmachine's LS1 Lightstrips?

Dan didn't show off LS1-like recording/playback, but I wouldn't be surprised if this thing can do that. Here's hoping...
cane creek
Shame there's an expander, I wish they just put all the feature in a bigger module to begin with.
shellfritsch
i've heard that LS-1 style gesture recording is something they are interested in doing, but haven't implemented yet. record time tbd
bobbcorr
shellfritsch wrote:
i've heard that LS-1 style gesture recording is something they are interested in doing, but haven't implemented yet. record time tbd

I could see that "record gestures of varying lengths for each channel plus capture any knob wiggling on the tetrapad" as being the goal of the sequencer, especially if they're proposing monome integration which a) has plenty of step sequencing but b) doesn't really capture knob wiggling. It would complement the monome ecosystem very nicely IMO.
kisielk
cane creek wrote:
Shame there's an expander, I wish they just put all the feature in a bigger module to begin with.

We decided to separate it since we figured a lot of people will be happy with just the features of the touchpad itself, and won't necessarily need clock inputs etc as will be provided by the expander. Personally I'm pretty happy just using it as four position and pressure sensitive strips to jam out on patches, but there's a lot of other cool things that can potentially be done that we'd like to explore smile
akrylik
cane creek wrote:

Nope. Expander is the right way to do it. The main module provides the core functionality and if you find you want the extras then you can buy the expander. This is modular thinking at work for the customer.
mdoudoroff
akrylik wrote:
cane creek wrote:

Nope. Expander is the right way to do it. The main module provides the core functionality and if you find you want the extras then you can buy the expander. This is modular thinking at work for the customer.

I agree, as long as the line gets drawn in the right place, and it usually is. (The Poti expander for the Batumi still irritates me.)
bemushroomed
mdoudoroff wrote:

I agree, as long as the line gets drawn in the right place, and it usually is. (The Poti expander for the Batumi still irritates me.)

Nah, i think i rather spend 10 seconds just taking the batumi out and changing the jumpers than having to pay extra for it to be on the module itself + extra space. It's not like anything on the expander has CV control so imo its quite worthless on its own.

I think expanders are great overall, both that i can buy it later if i dont have the funds to buy a "deluxe" version of the module from start + it can save space if i feel i really dont need the functionality.
hawkfuzz
Will you have some proper demos of that soon? Looks fun.
Sinamsis
Everyone seems excited about the Plonk. To me this module is much more exciting. I don't think it will replace my Pressure Points/Brains but I'm still interested. Anyone know how many hp this little guy is?
READYdot
Did he say Monome? eek!

So this could be integrated with Teletype?
kisielk
READYdot wrote:
Did he say Monome? eek!

That is one thing I would like to do
Dogma
READYdot wrote:
Did he say Monome? eek!

How cool is this!!!!
So we have this, er301 and just friends potentially under TT control? Can't wait smile
koyl
I'm definitely interested in it and found one of the most interesting module from NAMM so far.
Can't wait to see what it can do with the expander but with pressure + fader control, I can imagine how powerful it will be. Guinness ftw!
kisielk
koyl wrote:
I'm definitely interested in it and found one of the most interesting module from NAMM so far.
Can't wait to see what it can do with the expander but with pressure + fader control, I can imagine how powerful it will be. Guinness ftw!

The expander won't be a thing for a while. We're going to put out the Tetrapad first on its own and see how people use it and what is missing before designing the expander.
pinkflag16
I am a huge LightStrip fan, and was planning to buy more of them, but now...
pinkflag16
kisielk wrote:
koyl wrote:

The expander won't be a thing for a while. We're going to put out the Tetrapad first on its own and see how people use it and what is missing before designing the expander.

Can it record and loop gestures (LS-1 style)?
kisielk
pinkflag16 wrote:
kisielk wrote:
koyl wrote:

Can it record and loop gestures (LS-1 style)?

The firmware is still in pretty early stages, but that's something we'll definitely be looking into.
Raytracer
Any idea on when the new modules will be available?
kisielk
Raytracer wrote:

Tetrapad & Plonk - 2 to 3 months, barring any surprises.
Shifty - Maybe 1 month? Just needs some user testing to make sure we haven't missed anything.
QuadVCA & Springray2 - We already have them, so soon.

I believe most of the 1U are ready to go as well.
waveglider
kisielk wrote:

The firmware is still in pretty early stages, but that's something we'll definitely be looking into.

Look into it, seriously. If you do, it will increase sales by a significant amount. It would be both in your and our best interest to do so.
Raytracer
kisielk wrote:
Raytracer wrote:

Tetrapad & Plonk - 2 to 3 months, barring any surprises.
Shifty - Maybe 1 month? Just needs some user testing to make sure we haven't missed anything.
QuadVCA & Springray2 - We already have them, so soon.

I believe most of the 1U are ready to go as well.
great thanks smile
MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index -> Eurorack Modules Goto page 1, 2, 3 ... 14, 15, 16  Next [all]
Page 1 of 16