MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index
 FAQ & Terms of UseFAQ & Terms Of Use   Wiggler RadioMW Radio   Muff Wiggler TwitterTwitter   Support the site @ PatreonPatreon 
 SearchSearch   RegisterSign up   Log inLog in 
WIGGLING 'LITE' IN GUEST MODE

new Malekko Grooveboxes!
MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index -> General Gear Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 25, 26, 27, 28, 29  Next [all]
Author new Malekko Grooveboxes!
tarmoog
bimbom wrote:
tarmoog wrote:
coolshirtdotjpg wrote:
Still no word on the Mr. D?

Updating Manther firmware has probably taken toll on development of Mr. D and the wavetable unit.

If most bugs on Manther have been fixed now, hopefully we can hear news about other units soon.

Based on issues I found on v1.0 and the v1.1 list , it’s not close to ‘no bugs’.
As I’ve sold mine , i’ll Try to leave this thread alone , I sent bugs/requests to malekko , I’ve done what I could .

Final question , a few pages ago there was mention of hardware / tuning issues if leads / cv was used so I wondered if it was user error or not .

Maybe I was too optimistic, but I really hope Malekko doesn't abandon other units because of firmware problems on Manther.
Panason
waah
gb
djx wrote:
Question about the freeze/crashes you are experiencing... Does it happen randomly? Or when you are using a specific feature?

I have used mine quite a lot in the past few days and have not had any crashes or freezes.

I have found that tuning is way off after I first power it up to begin a session. If I let it warm up then power down and back up, it re-calibrates and is good from that point on. I think it was a bit like that before the upgrade, but not quite as noticeable. No big deal though... Easy fix. But a global tuning parameter would be very welcome. (in a future update maybe?)

It happened 3 or 4 times (freeze) but can‘t remember that it freezed after a specific feature...i think when i was in the menu changing stuff, but not sure...
blackgaot_white
I’ve actually only had issues such as freezing and tuning AFTER the update. Has anyone tried reinstalling the update? That’s probably a fucking stupid question but thought I would ask. I love this thing and want to use it live but I am scared with it crashing.
gb
Firmware 1.11 is out now with some bug fixes.
(And original 1.0 is now also there to download)

Cheers
djx
Updated to 1.11 tonight. No issues. Transpose working better.
Haterade
Any consensus on this thing with the updated firmware? Workin better?
sonicmayhem
Anyone else having a problem installing the 1.11 FW? I can't get it to work with out errors. Have to reinstall 1.1 otherwise the unit is bricked.
LTodd
sonicmayhem wrote:
Anyone else having a problem installing the 1.11 FW? I can't get it to work with out errors. Have to reinstall 1.1 otherwise the unit is bricked.

I was getting errors initially because my interface was actually too Loud. After a couple of tries I noticed that the errors were occurring before the update file started playing. Once the file started, no additional errors.

When are your errors occurring?
djx
I got errors all the way through (ie 1000s of them). I experimented and found that I needed the sound to be really loud - much louder than what I would normally use for audio, and I was sure it would be clipping, but it worked because then it was error free.
sonicmayhem
djx wrote:
I got errors all the way through (ie 1000s of them). I experimented and found that I needed the sound to be really loud - much louder than what I would normally use for audio, and I was sure it would be clipping, but it worked because then it was error free.

Yeah I noticed that the waveform wasn't as hard clipping as the 1.1 release. Maybe I will normalize it and try again. Thanks.
sonicmayhem
Yup. Added +1 dB in volume and it updated now without errors. Thanks for the tip!
Panason
Maybe they should have made it so that it takes firmware updates from cassette as MIDI Sysex is obviously too 90s.
LTodd
Panason wrote:
Maybe they should have made it so that it takes firmware updates from cassette as MIDI Sysex is obviously too 90s.

Might have something to do with the limited MIDI functionality of the Manther. Only handles clock in/out currently. That being said, plenty of modular gear handles firmware update from an audio file into one of the jacks on the module, so no big deal.
enlovoz
Does someone recommend a case or a travel box to protect the Manther while travelling ? Any idea ?
enlovoz
I bought this case and removed the foam. The manther fit perfectly in this UDG box.
https://www.amazon.fr/dp/B00BDT5K6Q/ref=pe_3044141_189395771_TE_dp_2
sonicmayhem
Anyone else having issues with the transpose even with 1.11?
kay_k
Ok, I've tested my Manther with external MIDI clock for the first time..
firstly, the MIDI receiver routine surely doesn't like patching of midi cables. I had to restart it every time.

Also with my unit the cable wouldn't fit quit into the hole. I had to shave of some of the plastics on the DIN jack so it would stay in the device.

At first it wouldn't stay in sync but when I wanted to record it, it worked fine. I need to inspect this further. I really want to use that thing for a live show and I don't take things on stage that aren't reliable in that regard.
Maybe I use it as the master clock then.
calaveras
when the fuck are they going to get the BFF done?
Panason
kay_k wrote:
firstly, the MIDI receiver routine surely doesn't like patching of midi cables. I had to restart it every time.

Also with my unit the cable wouldn't fit quit into the hole. I had to shave of some of the plastics on the DIN jack so it would stay in the device.

lol lol lol lol

calaveras wrote:
when the fuck are they going to get the BFF done?

I'm sure that will also be very lol-worthy. Why would you want that after this ? seriously, i just don't get it
kay_k
Panason wrote:
Why would you want that after this ? seriously, i just don't get it

cos it is an awesome machine even with its flaws
djx
kay_k wrote:
At first it wouldn't stay in sync but when I wanted to record it, it worked fine...

No cable or sync issues here (clocking using DAW via motu express 128).
enlovoz
I don’t have problem with my midi cable neither, and I can remove the midi cable and plug it again without any flaw or inconsistent timing.
As someone notice before, the Manther respond a bit earlier to midi start message than my other midi gear. I put some swing/delay (15/20) on each step and I’m good.
kay_k
sooooooo ... few sessions down the road:
MIDI sync works on my unit, but to me it seems when the Manther is slave it becomes more sluggish (probably thru extra CPU load) .. the fader moves seemed a bit more steppy than without slave sync.
Maybe that is just my paranoia now with a gig coming up.. I will try and put more time and evaluation into this.

Oh one other thing that I wished for (also send a customer request) is that the LFO delay would be more like on the MC202. To me it seems the "delay" on the manther is rather a fade-in attack time than an actually delay, while the LFO action on the MC202 was way more sudden after the delay.
I'd also like to know how deep the pitch mod of the LFO on your manthers is, cos on mine I find it too weak. I sometimes patch the LFO additionally into pitch to get more action there.
enlovoz
I did not notice any latency with my unit slaved to another midi gear. As far as I tested, the midi sync works great on my machine.
I agree about the delay on the pitch. At full depth, it’s not radical at all, it’s more a kind of pitch wobble or classic vibrato, you can’t get crazy with this. By the way, it’s a nice work around you found with the additional patch.
About the delay, I guess you’re right, but I’m ok with the actual behavior. Did you get a response from Malekko ?
MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index -> General Gear Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 25, 26, 27, 28, 29  Next [all]
Page 26 of 29