MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index
 FAQ & Terms of UseFAQ & Terms Of Use   Wiggler RadioMW Radio   Muff Wiggler TwitterTwitter   Support the site @ PatreonPatreon 
 SearchSearch   RegisterSign up   Log inLog in 
WIGGLING 'LITE' IN GUEST MODE

new Malekko Grooveboxes!
MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index -> General Gear Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... , 27, 28, 29  Next [all]
Author new Malekko Grooveboxes!
calaveras
This is a great lesson on how not to launch products.
I got to check out the Manther at Control once. It has a nice PWM sound. Pretty cute little analog synth. But nothing so compelling that I'd buy it instead of an Analog 4, Minilogue or any number of contemporary analog synths with sequencing.
The announce of the other two products years before they are available only has me worried about buying stuff from Malekko. They have been around for a while and put out solid products. But that move undermined my confidence in them. I was very enthusiastic about the BFF and it's siblings. But now I'll have none of them. Elektron, Sequential and Moog will probably be getting my money instead.
I hope it works out for those boxes. But Jeez guys.
Torn n Frayed
IRRC they've stated they won't release more boxes until they get the 1st box working properly. Sounds like a solid business move..
SweetNuthin
It was a Brave move from Malekko the decision to create this groovebox but, IMHO, the biggest mistake was not calling out Roland and create this series with them.. They could have used Roland expertise and marketing potential.

Look at the Se-02, that this is really well done.

I had a Manther for a month and then returned it back.. It had a great potential but it was not a mature or ready product, and that was a shame because it sounded really good.

The right move for Malekko, at least for me, it would be to call Roland HQ and try to release the Manther, BFF and Mr.D under Roland help
SweetNuthin
double post
KoryB
Is the BFF still coming out?
flashheart
Dunno, certainly no sign of it at Superbooth seriously, i just don't get it
davidjames
They talked about BFF on the Podular Modcast episode with Scott Jaeger of IME. Sounds like it's still a thing.
anselmi
KoryB wrote:
Is the BFF still coming out?


after all the manther odyssey in the past pages I really doubt I could be interested again in this products...a shame, because I liked the idea, but to buy one feels kinda like a gamble now
messier35
calaveras wrote:
This is a great lesson on how not to launch products.
I got to check out the Manther at Control once. It has a nice PWM sound. Pretty cute little analog synth. But nothing so compelling that I'd buy it instead of an Analog 4, Minilogue or any number of contemporary analog synths with sequencing.
The announce of the other two products years before they are available only has me worried about buying stuff from Malekko. They have been around for a while and put out solid products. But that move undermined my confidence in them. I was very enthusiastic about the BFF and it's siblings. But now I'll have none of them. Elektron, Sequential and Moog will probably be getting my money instead.
I hope it works out for those boxes. But Jeez guys.


Hi, I have moog, elektron a4 and manther. So i would like to give my perspective on that synth. Nothing i have soundS like the manther. I would recomend this sinth to best friends, with all it flows (i haven't experience bugs or anything, i just think they made some strange decisions, like turning off and on the synth after you change clock sorce), it sounds big and special. It bass sits incredibly healthy in the mix. Only synth i had, that was sounding so good raw, was juno 60. If malekko make other boxes, i would support them. Again, a4 is interesting sinth, but it is not Manther, i assure you. Peace
fattyparts
Completely agree with the post above me. Manther is special, it’s had a rough upbringing but the boi done good.
ddiamond84
SweetNuthin wrote:
It was a Brave move from Malekko the decision to create this groovebox but, IMHO, the biggest mistake was not calling out Roland and create this series with them.. They could have used Roland expertise and marketing potential.

Look at the Se-02, that this is really well done.

I had a Manther for a month and then returned it back.. It had a great potential but it was not a mature or ready product, and that was a shame because it sounded really good.

The right move for Malekko, at least for me, it would be to call Roland HQ and try to release the Manther, BFF and Mr.D under Roland help


What're some things about it that aren't ready or mature? I only ask because I got to play around with one today for about an hour and was blown away by the sounds and how fun it was to motion record and play with the delay. I want to pick one up but would love to hear your thoughts on it.
chiasticon
ddiamond84 wrote:
What're some things about it that aren't ready or mature? I only ask because I got to play around with one today for about an hour and was blown away by the sounds and how fun it was to motion record and play with the delay. I want to pick one up but would love to hear your thoughts on it.

scroll through this thread back about a year ago or so. it came out around then and there were some issues with the OS. some things didn't work perfectly or weren't implemented yet. I'm pretty sure most of these issues have been repaired by now, but I don't have one any more so can't say. my impression of it is similar to the person to whom you were replying. in short: it wasn't quite ready to hit the market when it did, but it certainly does some very cool things and has a lot of potential.
ddiamond84
chiasticon wrote:
ddiamond84 wrote:
What're some things about it that aren't ready or mature? I only ask because I got to play around with one today for about an hour and was blown away by the sounds and how fun it was to motion record and play with the delay. I want to pick one up but would love to hear your thoughts on it.

scroll through this thread back about a year ago or so. it came out around then and there were some issues with the OS. some things didn't work perfectly or weren't implemented yet. I'm pretty sure most of these issues have been repaired by now, but I don't have one any more so can't say. my impression of it is similar to the person to whom you were replying. in short: it wasn't quite ready to hit the market when it did, but it certainly does some very cool things and has a lot of potential.


Thanks for the response. I scrolled back and see some problems discussed, but it seems like most of the problems were addressed/fixed. I guess I'll find out. I love the sound and playability, hopefully it isn't too buggy!
mt3
[/img]
ddiamond84
I got one today and it's seriously awesome. Super simple to use but so powerful, amazing sounds, great built in delay, motion recording that takes you to crazy places fast. The sequencer is great too!

Mine has no problems that I can see, and I really love the updates so far. A really beautiful sounding looking playing synth!

Anyone else that has/played one have any thoughts? Any other fans of it?
DisarmingMorpheus
ddiamond84 wrote:
I got one today and it's seriously awesome. Super simple to use but so powerful, amazing sounds, great built in delay, motion recording that takes you to crazy places fast. The sequencer is great too!

Mine has no problems that I can see, and I really love the updates so far. A really beautiful sounding looking playing synth!

Anyone else that has/played one have any thoughts? Any other fans of it?


mine will come this weekend from Perfect Circuit - it will be my first synth! :>
computer controlled
I finally got one the other day. Updated to the latest OS and everything seems fine. No sync issues, no transpose issues, works solid. The only thing i found that is weird it the filter steps when swept upwards, but is smooth when swept downwards. Very strange. But doesn't bother me much. Great synth!
ddiamond84
computer controlled wrote:
I finally got one the other day. Updated to the latest OS and everything seems fine. No sync issues, no transpose issues, works solid. The only thing i found that is weird it the filter steps when swept upwards, but is smooth when swept downwards. Very strange. But doesn't bother me much. Great synth!


We have almost all the same synths! I've always wanted to try an Avalon bassline. How do you like it? I love the tb-03 I just got but it makes me even more curious to try the Avalon!
computer controlled
ddiamond84 wrote:
computer controlled wrote:
I finally got one the other day. Updated to the latest OS and everything seems fine. No sync issues, no transpose issues, works solid. The only thing i found that is weird it the filter steps when swept upwards, but is smooth when swept downwards. Very strange. But doesn't bother me much. Great synth!


We have almost all the same synths! I've always wanted to try an Avalon bassline. How do you like it? I love the tb-03 I just got but it makes me even more curious to try the Avalon!


The Avalon is fantastic. If you can find one, it's worth the money!!
GIT
computer controlled wrote:
I finally got one the other day. Updated to the latest OS and everything seems fine. No sync issues, no transpose issues, works solid. The only thing i found that is weird it the filter steps when swept upwards, but is smooth when swept downwards. Very strange. But doesn't bother me much. Great synth!


I’m having the same experience with the filter. Funnier yet it doesn’t behave this way when opened via CV. Malekko has been mum on the matter thus far. The wave folder also behaves this way. I find this disruptive when the goal is a smooth sweep. I’m already considering getting an Intellijel tetrapad which would allow me to easily manually open the filter without the jumps. But it’s frustrating that this hasn’t been addressed with firmware updates that have addressed things like envelope behaviors. Any insights? Other opinions on this funny behavior on an otherwise incredible box?
kay_k
I can confirm fader movement is steppy upwards - smooth down
If you listen carefully that is true for all faders.

I actually only noticed with the wave folder before. So it is not too bad.
waxdoctor
new firmware V1.2 out there love

https://malekkoheavyindustry.com/support/manther-updates-and-support/
kay_k
While the new record mode looked nice on Instagram, I was actually hoping the fader bug would be addressed.

still 3 serious feature opportunities missing: Env.mod --> Folder, Pitch tracking of the delay and a legato mode like on most other synths (with slide)
enlovoz
I just watched this video

I definitly want a legato mode with slide to write this kind of bassline !
kay_k
enlovoz wrote:
I just watched this video

I definitly want a legato mode with slide to write this kind of bassline !


I made this video with the intention to show how this would sound like.
I mean the MC-202 could do it, a SH-101 and not to mention the TB-303.
Even the cheap Volca Bass is able to do it, so why do I have to yell?

Btw. I used the Intellijel Metropolis as a sequencer here (that is also able to do it) but this way you loose Accent, Probability and motion sequencing which sucks
MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index -> General Gear Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... , 27, 28, 29  Next [all]
Page 28 of 29
Powered by phpBB © phpBB Group