MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index
 FAQ & Terms of UseFAQ & Terms Of Use   Wiggler RadioMW Radio   Muff Wiggler TwitterTwitter   Support the site @ PatreonPatreon 
 SearchSearch   RegisterSign up   Log inLog in 
WIGGLING 'LITE' IN GUEST MODE

new Malekko Grooveboxes!
MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index -> General Gear Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next [all]
Author new Malekko Grooveboxes!
xclark
Malekko Heavy Industries just announced 3 grooveboxes, including a collaboration with Industrial Music Electronics. (prototypes shown below)

Manther monosynth


BFF wavetable synth


Mr.D drum machine






Can't wait to hear more! nanners
GrantB
sequencers look super easy
CF3
BFF Hug

I'm a sucker for anything that has wavetables and an analog filter.
565
I keep thinking the drum machine is called Dr. M.

Can't wait to hear some demos. Intrigued!
Zerius
These boxes look great !
Just need to wait more demos now
acidbob
Manther for me please... Can't wait hyper Hope there is a little chance it will be available with Roland kinda filter and the Oberheim... But of course needs to be the Malekko take on it

That and the Acidlab Detroit will be my purchases for 2017
hyena
i'm drooling after mr.d and bff we're not worthy we're not worthy we're not worthy
bkbirge
Would be awesome if they were compatible with rolands k25 keybd.
anselmi
bkbirge wrote:
Would be awesome if they were compatible with rolands k25 keybd.


they seems to be too big to fit into the K25 bay
numan7
so (from the 1 - 4 LEDs) it looks like the wavetable one ('BFF' - i suppose i'm in the camp that hopes Malekko decides not to use the prototype names, and goes with something less cute/controversial like 'M101, M102, M111, etc...' for the production versions) is a 4-voice poly, and (from the 4 sets of CV and Gate outputs) also functions as a basic 4 channel midi-cv converter. cool!

i wonder what color its sequencer buttons are (when lit)?


cheers
fano
why trigger inputs though? aren't outputs more preferable?
hyena
fano wrote:
why trigger inputs though? aren't outputs more preferable?


because a lot of people (me included) would like to add additional weird triggering from the modular and\or piezo mics or whatever. plus with a minimum of fuss you can use the regular audio outs to trigger stuff on your modular...in the best of worlds you'd have trig in, trig out and individual outs tho grin
Chopper
did he say $599 for the Manther??? if so, i am all over it, considering my love for its ''inspiration'' smile
noisejockey
hyena wrote:
fano wrote:
why trigger inputs though? aren't outputs more preferable?


because a lot of people (me included) would like to add additional weird triggering from the modular and\or piezo mics or whatever. plus with a minimum of fuss you can use the regular audio outs to trigger stuff on your modular...in the best of worlds you'd have trig in, trig out and individual outs tho grin


Oh man, yep, THIS. This is why I have both outboard drum machines and drums in the rack: x0x style beat programming and classic sounds on the one hand, and complex triggering and exacting sound design on the other. Any opportunity to cross these streams is worth checking out!

Plus, who wouldn't get excited for a drum machine by a man who wears a Skinny Puppy hoodie?
calaveras
I cant wait to hear the Big Fat Fuck, I mean the Best Fucking Friends.
Whatever it's called, love wavetables and analog filters.
gentle_attack
Is the Manther analog? I'll admit I'm on a phone and didn't watch the vids.

Its not directly a MC-202 destroyer without the ridiculously hard to manage (but unparalleled) sequencer, but for normal people that's probably a good thing.
Abraxis
gentle_attack wrote:
Is the Manther analog? I'll admit I'm on a phone and didn't watch the vids.

Its not directly a MC-202 destroyer without the ridiculously hard to manage (but unparalleled) sequencer, but for normal people that's probably a good thing.


Yes, analog. Same filter and vco chips as Pro-One (among others).

These were The Exciting Thing From NAMM for me, especially the drums. Love the features, love the design. Nice price points too.

Can't wait to hear them.
anselmi
Abraxis wrote:
These were The Exciting Thing From NAMM for me, especially the drums. Love the features, love the design. Nice price points too. Can't wait to hear them.


+1! SlayerBadger! screaming goo yo w00t
TomzNotJerry
People getting put out by the names is the funniest thing I've read online in ages. Maybe they should call them Daisy, Rose & Lilly?

BFF I thought was for Beastly Furious Fiend. Mr D is what my kids friends call me & Manther is hilarious. It's just so silly it's funny. Anyway keep on getting upset over nothing.

Can't wait to grab all 3 of these. Can imagine years of fun.
Annwn
Even if the BFF was just a single oscillator, this would be freaking exciting. Can't begin to imagine what kind of droney madness one could get up to with 4 morphing wavetables going through a nice filter and a delay!

we're not worthy
hamildad
they had me at "Malekko is co-owned by entrepreneur Josh Holley and music industry veteran Paul Barker. Paul Barker is a former member of the bands Ministry, Revolting Cocks, Lard."

why would you not buy a drum machine overseen by the Ministry programmer?

I have my eyes on a drum machine this year... will be interested to hear this one, especially the hats.
Annwn
hamildad wrote:
they had me at "Malekko is co-owned by entrepreneur Josh Holley and music industry veteran Paul Barker. Paul Barker is a former member of the bands Ministry, Revolting Cocks, Lard."


Wow, I didn't realise that. I actually just saw Puscifer (with Barker on bass) on the weekend. Small world!
Isaiah
Just noticed these had a dedicated thread.

I'm curious to see how the BFF compares to Ambika.
I was considering building an Ambika, but I'll wait for UK pricing and some audio demos.

Anyone else think that Scott would probably make a great Leo Johnson at a fancy-dress party? hihi
anselmi
Isaiah wrote:
Just noticed these had a dedicated thread.

I'm curious to see how the BFF compares to Ambika.
I was considering building an Ambika, but I'll wait for UK pricing and some audio demos.

Anyone else think that Scott would probably make a great Leo Johnson at a fancy-dress party? hihi


sonicwise (to my ears) Ambika is a bland synth...I owned one and was disappointed by the lack of character...sold it

Scott is another history, he seems to love stuff with a strong personality, so I think the BFF would be much more interesting than the Ambika
hairbow
anselmi wrote:
Isaiah wrote:
Just noticed these had a dedicated thread.

I'm curious to see how the BFF compares to Ambika.
I was considering building an Ambika, but I'll wait for UK pricing and some audio demos.

Anyone else think that Scott would probably make a great Leo Johnson at a fancy-dress party? hihi


sonicwise (to my ears) Ambika is a bland synth...I owned one and was disappointed by the lack of character...sold it

Scott is another history, he seems to love stuff with a strong personality, so I think the BFF would be much more interesting than the Ambika


Yep. Ambika has an anemic gain staging thing going on, the analog filters/VCA don't really make up for it. The Shruthi sounds much better, though
MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index -> General Gear Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next [all]
Page 1 of 9
Powered by phpBB © phpBB Group