MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index
 FAQ & Terms of UseFAQ & Terms Of Use   Wiggler RadioMW Radio   Muff Wiggler TwitterTwitter   Support the site @ PatreonPatreon 
 SearchSearch   RegisterSign up   Log inLog in 
WIGGLING 'LITE' IN GUEST MODE

And the truth became fungus
MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index -> Synth Noise  
Author And the truth became fungus
Nelson Baboon
I wouldn't lie to you.

[soundcloud url="https://api.soundcloud.com/playlists/294043930" params="auto_play=false&hide_related=false&show_comments=true&show_use r=true&show_reposts=false&visual=true" width="100%" height="450" iframe="true" /]
felixer
Nelson Baboon wrote:
I wouldn't lie to you.

no you wouldn't cool and that is one of the things i like about this 'noise music' or whatever you want to call it: it is honest. no emotional backpack, no trickery. it is what it is: pure abstract sound love
Nelson Baboon
felixer wrote:
Nelson Baboon wrote:
I wouldn't lie to you.

no you wouldn't cool and that is one of the things i like about this 'noise music' or whatever you want to call it: it is honest. no emotional backpack, no trickery. it is what it is: pure abstract sound love


Thanks - that is an interesting comment.

Which starts me thinking a bit - what would trickery constitute when making music?
felixer
i mean psychological trickery. the kind of stuff they do in movies a lot: use a sound to get an emotional response for some story the director wants to get across.

making music (esp electronic music) in a sense is all trickery: you start with nothing and make it up from thin air. real magic cool also know as 'electrickery' ...
Nelson Baboon
felixer wrote:
i mean psychological trickery. the kind of stuff they do in movies a lot: use a sound to get an emotional response for some story the director wants to get across.

making music (esp electronic music) in a sense is all trickery: you start with nothing and make it up from thin air. real magic cool also know as 'electrickery' ...


ah yes...manipulating the audience to feel certain things. I try to write for myself, so I suppose that in a way I'm trying to trick myself. But not into feeling certain things. How does one remain pure or understand what one is 'really' doing?
felixer
you prob don't. but as long as you are doing things for yourself, at least there is no external motive. you are doing it simply because you love the sound itself ...
what i hate most of all is when music is (mis)used for other purposes: manipulating peoples emotions, trying to get rich&famous, trying to be 'the popular guy' ... often the people who do that fall flat on their faces (for me anyway) and then what is left? a load of horsedung ...
if you are doing music for the love of it, the worst that can happen is that you haven't quite reached what you were striving for. and that is ok. that is what the next piece is for. at least you made an honourable attempt. and for me, that is what shines thru ...

i play a few different kinds of musix. it's like wearing different clothes. and it comes mainly from working with different people. every time you try to become 'a group' instead of a bunch of individuals. so you adapt. you can prob only be yourself if you are alone ...
but it is useful to play different roles. you learn a lot. like when i played drums for two years: you get quite a different outlook on music that way. i def helped me grow. and i think personal growth is the main objective in life. it prepares you for the next level ...
Dr. Sketch-n-Etch
Nice way to slip a little politics into Muffwiggler, NB!
Nelson Baboon
Dr. Sketch-n-Etch wrote:
Nice way to slip a little politics into Muffwiggler, NB!


I was going biblical, punk. No politics.
felixer
the 13th prophecy of the blue goon actually says that all irritating little fuckers shall die before the next moon rises ...

oooops ... censored lol
Infinity Curve
Always love your stuff Nelson. I also love the fact you have over 4000 tracks on your soundcloud eek!
Nelson Baboon
Infinity Curve wrote:
Always love your stuff Nelson. I also love the fact you have over 4000 tracks on your soundcloud eek!


Thanks, IC. Seems like only yesterday that drewtoothpaste was taunting me because I hadn't posted any tracks....
Nelson Baboon
felixer wrote:
the 13th prophecy of the blue goon actually says that all irritating little fuckers shall die before the next moon rises ...

oooops ... censored lol


I"m calling your bluff. The blue goon was known for being superstitious, and there was no 13th prophecy.
felixer
it's apocrifical razz the 12th prophecy said that you ('a mysterious monkey-man from the west' ) would post some new tracks ('say the new words') Mr. Green
so i'm a believer lol
see how easy it is to start a new religion? man, we could be in business by friday hihi hail the blue goon we're not worthy
noisejockey
I super dig this piece. Thanks for sharing.
Nelson Baboon
noisejockey wrote:
I super dig this piece. Thanks for sharing.


Thanks! Actually there are 4 of them. 1 for each Baboon testicle.
thevegasnerve
Nice work, regardless of which testicle inspired it....
Nelson Baboon
thevegasnerve wrote:
Nice work, regardless of which testicle inspired it....


the 3rd testicle is the testicle of inspiration. it's kind of like the third eye, but smaller.
MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index -> Synth Noise  
Page 1 of 1
Powered by phpBB © phpBB Group