MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index
 FAQ & Terms of UseFAQ & Terms Of Use   Wiggler RadioMW Radio   Muff Wiggler TwitterTwitter   Support the site @ PatreonPatreon 
 SearchSearch   RegisterSign up   Log inLog in 
WIGGLING 'LITE' IN GUEST MODE

Analog Delay racks???
MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index -> Guitars, Basses, Amps & FX Goto page 1, 2  Next [all]
Author Analog Delay racks???
D/A A/D
Anyone know of any current production analog delay rack gear???
Babaluma
nope, although if you'd consider old then i've heard great things about the ibanex ue405 (also contains compression, eq, and chorus):

Kent
I done got me one of these:

This is the DN36. There is also a DN34 which has less features but still sounds good, from what I've heard. I'm inclined to believe it since the 36 & 34 share much of the same components.

The 36 allows for cross-channel feedback. The delays on Channel A can feedback to Channel B and Vice Versa.
D/A A/D
I have had some Ibanez analog delay racks in the past... very frustrating

I have my feelers out... Thanks chaps!
haiku-ish
Vintage DElay/Flanger
AD210 MAxon

on top
Ranxerox
Kent wrote:
I done got me one of these:

This is the DN36. There is also a DN34 which has less features but still sounds good, from what I've heard. I'm inclined to believe it since the 36 & 34 share much of the same components.

The 36 allows for cross-channel feedback. The delays on Channel A can feedback to Channel B and Vice Versa.

The DN-36 is stereo while the DN-34 is mono. The DN-34 uses SAD-512 BBD chips and is only capable of short echoes up to about 75 ms.

The DN-34 has two separate delay lines that can be run in series or parallel. You can invert the polarity of each dl and mix them together to create phase cancellation effects.

There is a separate modulation depth-control for each dl, plus an external mod input on a weird tuchel connector round the back. I keep meaning to wire up a cable for mine but never seem to get around to it ...
MicroFi
I've got a Dynacrod DRS-78 which I like a lot!
A bit noisy maybe, but it sounds soooo grungy and dark 8_)

Just me
Well, sort of. You can rack mount MoogerFoogers.
Ranxerox
Ranxerox wrote:
There is a separate modulation depth-control for each dl, plus an external mod input on a weird tuchel connector round the back. I keep meaning to wire up a cable for mine but never seem to get around to it ...

Actually, I now think it's a 6-pin DIN connector (not a mini-DIN). Does anyone know the pinouts for this connector, or have the service manual? I'm going to try emailing Klark Teknik for the info, but I don't hold out too much hope...
Ranxerox
Actually I'm gonna eat those words - Klark Teknik got back to me post-fucking-haste with a .PDF of the manual - superb service.

The 6-pin DIN connector gives you:

-Separate delay-time modulation CV inputs for the A and B delay lines (10v swing);
-Modulation CV output from the internal LFO (7v swing);
-0v, Pos 15v and Neg 15v power from the internal rails (? Up to 20 mA - This is probably enough to run a few MOTM or MU modules from, hmmm)

Now I just need to wire up a break-out box or cable...
Kent
Would you be willing to send me that PDF so that I can do likewise? That would be mighty awesome. nanners
Ranxerox
Sure thing, although from the looks of it the DN36 has a different external control connector (rectangular, with more pins?) so not sure the pinouts will be much use. PM me if yer still interested so I can fwd it.
Ranxerox
MicroFi wrote:
I've got a Dynacrod DRS-78 which I like a lot!

The DRS-78 is awesome, actually all that old Dynacord stuff is cool. They did an amazing echo unit called the SRS-56 which I believe could do cross-channel feedback and primitive reverb-type effects. Not sure if it was analogue or not.

There are some great old digital delays around as well - Eventide H969, Bel BD80, Deltalab Effectron II, Roland SDE, Korg SDD-2000 etc. I have a BD80S which is crunchy 12-bit, sounds great on synths.
drewtoothpaste
You could buy 2 EH Memory Men (Memories Man?) and bolt them to a rack tray!
mantiwhore
agree with Ranxerox, those old Dynacord effect units just rock.

i can just recommend 80's VRS-23 - it's a "vertical" (whatever it means) delay and echo device, 2U rack space. delay mode is mono, and echo is fake stereo (but sounds really wide). it has also some inner LFO circuit for modulation. seems there were 2 generations of this device and it's reasonable to get them both as they behave quite different:

older one, with black front panel - you can force the endless feedback very easily - the unit becomes a great noise source itself. rumours are they die suddenly due to some ageing element inside.
another version has a white front panel, it won't make feedback but sounds much cleaner and act more stable. i use it almost every session.
sam
Quote:
it won't make feedback

It seems some of them can: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iBdWJ_Agu-o
If not you can still send a send into itsel.

I'm i'm fond of Dynacord too, the Echocord S65 tube tape delay sounds incredibly well. The TAM or PDD line worth a look too.
MicroFi
Ranxerox wrote:
MicroFi wrote:
I've got a Dynacord DRS-78 which I like a lot!

The DRS-78 is awesome, actually all that old Dynacord stuff is cool.

Cool thing about the DRS78:
It has trigger-ins, which makes you able to change between 3 different delay settings.
Perfect to use in combination with the modular This is fun!
mantiwhore
i have the white version VRS-23 and can't force it to feedback :(

hey, and how about Yamaha E1010? it's even more awesome. i got a pair of those, that's just unbelievable what you can achieve with their LFOs.
SMS303
mantiwhore wrote:
i have the white version VRS-23 and can't force it to feedback :(

I have the old version and same shit here ....
Gladly my unit isn't noisy hyper

I have also an Ibanez UE405...
This unit has less controls than the VRS-23 and the VRS-23 does has less controls than Dynacord SRS-56 or TAM-21. The SRS-56 and TAM-21 does have a cv input for the regeneration.

The SRS-56 and TAM-21 are both on my wantlist smile
Scaff
I owened a SRS56 and found it not very interested against my VRS23 which has endless feedback. Sometimes i´m using my EHX Polychorus as a delay but since i have an Eclipse and a Timefactor all these old units are only slightly in use. You can tweak every parameter of the timefactor via CV or trigger!
Morley
I have a black VRS23 and absolutely love it as a wobbly reverb.
Superb device
I also have a Klark Teknik DN-34 and it's a unique thing. Superb for vocals or drums.
Hainbach
Scaff wrote:
I owened a SRS56 and found it not very interested against my VRS23 which has endless feedback. Sometimes i´m using my EHX Polychorus as a delay but since i have an Eclipse and a Timefactor all these old units are only slightly in use. You can tweak every parameter of the timefactor via CV or trigger!

zombie ZOMBIE THREAD RESURRECT! zombie

Scaff, you just saved me a few bucks - found an SRS56 on Craigslist today at a great price, but I already own and love the VRS23. So no need to rush out and buy this heavy piece of echoes.
PrimateSynthesis
Just me wrote:
Well, sort of. You can rack mount MoogerFoogers.

Moog now makes an analogue delay in API 500 It's peanut butter jelly time!

There is also the Marshall Time Modulator...

I think the Deltalab Effectron was BBD, and the Effectron II was variable-clock digital (like an SDD-2000), but don't quote me seriously, i just don't get it
biguana
SMS303 wrote:
The SRS-56 and TAM-21 does have a cv input for the regeneration.

Does this mean the cv input controls the feedback level? Definitely not the rate?

I'm wondering whether any of these rack analog delays have cv control of rate. Because I want to use my analogue effects with my modular (Roland PH830 phaser is great for this)

I know the Boss DM300 does, but I'm wondering if any others do.

Anyone know?

Tom
joesilence
barring the Acousticomputer, all the old Deltalab stuff was digital.

EDIT: no, scratch that. it was digital as well.
MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index -> Guitars, Basses, Amps & FX Goto page 1, 2  Next [all]
Page 1 of 2