MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index
 FAQ & Terms of UseFAQ & Terms Of Use   Wiggler RadioMW Radio   Muff Wiggler TwitterTwitter   Support the site @ PatreonPatreon 
 SearchSearch   RegisterSign up   Log inLog in 
WIGGLING 'LITE' IN GUEST MODE

If you had to give up most of your synth gear...
MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index -> General Gear Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next [all]
Author If you had to give up most of your synth gear...
bloodyhell
Let's hope it never comes to this, but if you could only keep one mono, one poly and one drum machine, which would it be?

My picks of the gear I actually have: Ensoniq ESQ-1, Korg 770 or MFB Microzwerg, Korg PMA-5 (technically not a drum machine but I use it as one)

Your picks are...?
AdamJay
Sub 37, A4, Rytm.
xonetacular
Agreed on A4 and Rytm. And I don't own any normal monos so nothing to keep. sub 37 isn't a bad choice either. maybe a new model d because why not?
mamonu
I had to do that in a way since i had to move to another country...

my choices ...

mono : roland 100m system
poly : oberheim expander
drum machine: acidlab miami

ok i also kept an octatrack+an A4 but sold many nice things like:

ob8,jupiter6,monomachine,machinedrum,jx8p,k3,k5000,DSI prophet8 +12U of modular in total
thispoison
Andromeda, Minimoog and CR8000 (or CR78 if I had one).
Futuresound
SEM
Waldorf XT
Rytm
Hainbach
SH02, Juno60, D1000.

(leaving all the modular stuff out, else it would have been: 6U briefcase, Ciat Lonbarde board and the D1000).
h4ndcrafted
Yocto/808

Mono , a Minimoog or clone , atm it's a Micromac

I only have one Poly, so blofeld, soon to be replaced by Rev 2
MrTurboparrot
AdamJay wrote:
Sub 37, A4, Rytm.

thumbs up
Escapegoat
Minimoog, Q+, MV-8800 (not quite a drum machine, but that's all I've got)
dopefiend
Waldorf Wave, Korg MS-20m and Roland VDrums.
narf
that I have:
mono: BSII
poly: A4
drum machine: tempest
donato
All I have is an Analog Keys, Micromac and Minitaur. I guess I'll count the AK as my poly/drums and Micromac as my mono. Looking to hopefully upgrade the Minitaur to an A2. The rest can be done in software, unless I find a string machine locally that I have to have.
Scot Solida
Tough question. It would pain me to choose. If I had to, though, it'd be

Mono: Dotcom modular
Poly: Haken Continuum Fingerboard
Drum Machine: Does the Octatrack qualify? If not, Analog RYTM
n3wt15
My continuum and OTO biscuit will never leave my side. Rytm and pro one are runners up. My serge animate is my modular of choice, but is also currently on the block less other things sell first.
digable-me
SH101
Monomachine
Rytm or MDUW (can't decide)
oranginafiend
Mono: Arp Odyssey
Poly: Prophet 10 (no I don't have one) sad banana
Drum: MFB Tanzbär
ersatzplanet
My Nord G1 and G2
plord
Waldorf Q, FR777, MPC1000 :p

That's assuming that the Wiard 300, or a subset thereof, doesn't count as the Mono.
bhinton
I guess the laptop doesn't count as a poly...

Hmmm. Haven't had a drum machine since selling a 909 of on eBay, sadly way before that could have brought some actual money.

Poly would be SY77 even though its been on semi-permanent loan to my neighbor for years.

Mono would be 0-Coast.
Bath House
System 100 model 101, Juno 6, SP-1200.
peachfuzzmcgee
Im already there man, Tempest, Nord Modular G1, and Reon Driftbox. They are actually all I own at this point synth wise. I have 8u of MU and a Roland A-01k sitting around but honestly I could live without both and I have serge DIY I need to finish.
hex
Mother 32, Virus TI Polar, Machinedrum
Paranormal Patroler
Hainbach wrote:
SH02, Juno60, D1000.

(leaving all the modular stuff out, else it would have been: 6U briefcase, Ciat Lonbarde board and the D1000).

I keep forgetting you changed avatars (nice tape by the way!) so when I read your post I went "Oh wow, that's exactly what Hainbach would've kept" hihi

I wonder how many of the previous posters actually considered the idea of stripping down to the synths they just mentioned. For a second of non-clarity, before the GAS logic crept back in ..
AdamJay
Paranormal Patroler wrote:

I wonder how many of the previous posters actually considered the idea of stripping down to the synths they just mentioned. For a second of non-clarity, before the GAS logic crept back in ..

:::raises hand::: sad banana
MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index -> General Gear Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next [all]
Page 1 of 6