MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index
 FAQ & Terms of UseFAQ & Terms Of Use   Wiggler RadioMW Radio   Muff Wiggler TwitterTwitter   Support the site @ PatreonPatreon 
 SearchSearch   RegisterSign up   Log inLog in 
WIGGLING 'LITE' IN GUEST MODE

How does a sequencer aid you in Industrial/Power electronics
MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index -> Synth Noise  
Author How does a sequencer aid you in Industrial/Power electronics
noise_not_music
Hey guys, Ive seen a few people use sequencers but mainly the one that caught my eye was Puce Mary. So im wondering how a sequencer helps or adds to the sound and what are the uses for it especially with the rest of the gear she has (ms10/20, dark energy, roland drum machine, mixer)
Pretty sure shes using a Delfy square stepper here, but i asume it can be applied to most sequencers
(PS. If your not familiar with the project you should definitely check out the albums Success or Persona)
EarlJemmings
The thing with sequencers and noise is, I think, more to sequence and add some change to parameters other then pitch.
A pitch sequence is an easy thing to get locked into, but using it somewhat slowly on filter cutoff, or lfo speed, things like that can be more interesting.
I haven't had a sequencer in over a year now, just been using random sources and other modulators. Can't say I'm missing it much, but YMMV
Infinity Curve
EarlJemmings wrote:
The thing with sequencers and noise is, I think, more to sequence and add some change to parameters other then pitch.
A pitch sequence is an easy thing to get locked into, but using it somewhat slowly on filter cutoff, or lfo speed, things like that can be more interesting.
I haven't had a sequencer in over a year now, just been using random sources and other modulators. Can't say I'm missing it much, but YMMV

This.
pstanig
noise_not_music wrote:
Hey guys, Ive seen a few people use sequencers but mainly the one that caught my eye was Puce Mary. So im wondering how a sequencer helps or adds to the sound and what are the uses for it especially with the rest of the gear she has (ms10/20, dark energy, roland drum machine, mixer)
Pretty sure shes using a Delfy square stepper here, but i asume it can be applied to most sequencers
(PS. If your not familiar with the project you should definitely check out the albums Success or Persona)

I use a doepfer dark time, to manipulate parameters like VCF cutoff, wave folding amount, or FM amount, in a quasi-rhythmic fashion. For instance, like here http://soundcloud.com/naxalprotocol/cazzokraft-egas-moniz
Pretty confident Puce Mary (who unfortunately I haven't been able to see live yet) uses it for similar purposes. As far as I remeber, IRM famously used a korg vintage sequencer and MS20 for most of their first album, which had a very rhythmic feel but no percussive sound at all...
noise_not_music
pstanig wrote:
I use a doepfer dark time, to manipulate parameters like VCF cutoff, wave folding amount, or FM amount, in a quasi-rhythmic fashion. For instance, like here http://soundcloud.com/naxalprotocol/cazzokraft-egas-moniz
Pretty confident Puce Mary (who unfortunately I haven't been able to see live yet) uses it for similar purposes.

Using the Dark time in conjunction with what? I assume the dark energy because using it with the MS20 requires special cables and fanagling(unless its the new mini,I think)
pstanig
noise_not_music wrote:
pstanig wrote:
Pretty confident Puce Mary (who unfortunately I haven't been able to see live yet) uses it for similar purposes.

Using the Dark time in conjunction with what? I assume the dark energy because using it with the MS20 requires special cables and fanagling(unless its the new mini,I think)

Sorry for being unclear...in conjunction with a modular rack (this one https://www.modulargrid.net/e/racks/view/191721)
MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index -> Synth Noise  
Page 1 of 1