MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index
 FAQ & Terms of UseFAQ & Terms Of Use   Wiggler RadioMW Radio   Muff Wiggler TwitterTwitter   Support the site @ PatreonPatreon 
 SearchSearch   RegisterSign up   Log inLog in 
WIGGLING 'LITE' IN GUEST MODE

Question about Double Andore in a harsh noise setup
MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index -> Synth Noise  
Author Question about Double Andore in a harsh noise setup
Bataserpa
So i just bought a Double Andore mkii that is on the way.
Basically i play harsh noise with my eurorack system (i am not much into plain drone). My main VCO is a Hertz Donut mkii.
My question is, how can i patch the Double Andore and the Hertz Donut in a dynamic harsh noise scenario?. I also have Tyme sefari, doepfer wasp filter and Maths, among a few PH modules for a second Harsh noise voice.
I am still learning how to patch modules, so any kind of help or directions how to do it will be very much appreciated.

Thanks a lot
Infinity Curve
Tons of possibilities. Use signals from the hd to modulate parameters on the da, and vice versa. Use the da's envelopes on the wave folding and modulation index, set them to loop at high rate and use as fm source. Looping at fast rates when set to drone with negative amount can give really heavy am'ing effects, which can get real nasty when paired with a heavily fm'd hd with wave folds going on.

Really just experiment, so much is possible with just those 2 modules, and most of it very noisy thumbs up
mt3
The most important part:
turn up cross modulation to 11.

Also:
* in LFO mode, set ch A to fast envelope and ch B to something slower
* crosspatch using the envelope outs
* drone is your friend
* use RC envelope shape on a channel

That said, mk 1 is definitely superior for hellraising than is mk 2.
Rockin' Banana!
Infinity Curve
mt3 wrote:

Rockin' Banana!

thumbs up
Bataserpa
Thanks a lot for the tips.

Looks that I will have lots to explore when i get the DA.

Probably is not an "easy" module to work with, but will be fun.

Any more tips?
mt3
If you're doing noise, it's enjoyably easy.
If you're doing "cleaner than sine waves", then it might be difficult.
mt3
Andores everyfukcingwhere:

mlaszews
mt3 wrote:
The most important part:
Rockin' Banana!

Can I ask in what way the mk1 is superior? I have the mk1, mainly use it for its basic features (and occasionally as a wavetable osc). Would love to know of any tricks it's got up its sleeve.
Infinity Curve
Main major difference is the mk2 doesn't have the wavetables. The mk2 also sounds a lot cleaner
mlaszews
Oh, wow, that's too bad. The new version looks nice, but the wavetables kinda make it for me.
MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index -> Synth Noise  
Page 1 of 1