MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index
 FAQ & Terms of UseFAQ & Terms Of Use   Wiggler RadioMW Radio   Muff Wiggler TwitterTwitter   Support the site @ PatreonPatreon 
 SearchSearch   RegisterSign up   Log inLog in 
WIGGLING 'LITE' IN GUEST MODE

Clock out stillson hammer - cables - WMD Buffered mult - KG
MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index -> The Harvestman  
Author Clock out stillson hammer - cables - WMD Buffered mult - KG
Mercutio
Hi

i have two strange things in my case...

It appears if my sequencer run at above 80 BPM ... i made a lot of test, change cases,... and finally understood some things...but i would like to have an explanation. It looks like it's "a lenght of the pulse issue" but maybe there are other explanation because i don't understand the effect of the patch cable on the example.

First example (above 80- 83 BPM):

Clock out => Knight's gallop (via stackable / eagletone ) : no pulse (but ok under 80 BPM)
Clock out =>A - 160 (via stackable / eagletone ) : pulse
Clock out => Knight's gallop (via doepfer/Eowave/glow in the dark): pulse
Clock out =>A - 160 (via doepfer/Eowave/glow in the dark) : pulse

Gate out (i adjust lenght) => knight's gallop (any cable) => pulse
Gate out (i adjust lenght) => A 160 (any cable) => pulse

Second example (under and above 80 BPM):

Clock out => WMD buffered multiple (stackable or doepfer cable) => any clock in (Kg o A-160) or any trig in (Basimilus, peaks or quadra,...)...no pulse at all

Gate out => WMD buffered multiple (stackable or doepfer cable) => any clock in (Kg o A-160) or any trig in (Basimilus, peaks or quadra,...)...no pulse at all

=> i have to decrease speed to 32 BPM to have pulse

I could understand that my KG is more sensitive but KG works great with trigger riot, A-160, lfo (peaks,...)... so is there an issue with the clock out of my Stillson hammer or my WMD buffered multiple ?

hmmm.....
mt3
What's the shortest gate length you can have before it stops pulsing the KG? Where is the slider at? At what bpm?
mt3
"Only issue I came across was when triggering from my hexinverter midi2cv with an Octatrack. An 8th note clock was fine but once I got to 16ths the KG stopped sensing the clock input. Even with the shortest trigger length it wasn't working. Ran the clock into a VCA and it works fine. Assuming this is an issue with my midi2cv not generating a high/low enough pulse but everything else in my case triggers just fine. Anyone know what the threshold is on the shakmat to sense a trigger input?"

Jan 23 2017 post:
https://www.muffwiggler.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=154358&start=175
Mercutio
But why it depends of cable ?
Bishop Dust
mt3 wrote:
"Anyone know what the threshold is on the shakmat to sense a trigger input?"

3v !

I m investigating about your problems !
Mercutio
Bishop => better answer here for the "Anyone know what the threshold is on the shakmat to sense a trigger input?"

https://www.muffwiggler.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=154358&start=175
Mercutio
Ok founded another threat...i'm not alone .... it looks like the clock out of the SH MK2 is a little capricious
https://www.muffwiggler.com/forum/viewtopic.php?p=2454430#2454430
MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index -> The Harvestman  
Page 1 of 1