MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index
 FAQ & Terms of UseFAQ & Terms Of Use   Wiggler RadioMW Radio   Muff Wiggler TwitterTwitter   Support the site @ PatreonPatreon 
 SearchSearch   RegisterSign up   Log inLog in 
WIGGLING 'LITE' IN GUEST MODE

Behringer pedals???
MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index -> Guitars, Basses, Amps & FX  
Author Behringer pedals???
johnnymad
It looks they make clones of some existing pedals (Line-6 Echo Park, Verbzilla) and some discontinued Boss Pedals (DF-2 and RV-3?) among others. Should I bother buying them or will they be total junk?
Malekko
they're both junky and awesome at the same time, they are cheap plastic, and will break soon, but in the price range of a disposable effect. Some are a little noisy and some are super cool, i have quite a few....i use none of them though
johnnymad
you should steal...i mean borrow some of their designs and make them durable and less noisy.
Babaluma
i wouldn't piss on them with someone else's dick

lol

i am proud to say i have never ever bought any behringer gear!
johnnymad
i figured that would be the general opinion. does anyone have good experience with any of their gear?
thetwlo
johnnymad wrote:
you should steal...i mean borrow some of their designs and make them durable and less noisy.


I don't think they have many ...er, any of "their" designs. The Boss Dim C clone is nice for that price, and as cheap clones go the DanElectro French Toast is cool. I assume the line 6 looking clones are just B's shitty algorithms named like line 6.
Kent
I have a really hard time with this company since they are such unscrupulous bastards. I worked on a lawsuit (which they lost) against them. The levels to which they will sink is appalling.

I can't suggest supporting this company with your $$. Not EVERYTHING is stolen, but they do steal. The products that sound good and perform well tend to be the 'clones'.
thetwlo
just try not to buy shit made in china.
MindMachine
I have bought the clones of the old discontinued Boss pedals from the 70's or 80's. I have no problem buying those old discontinued designs from them. I do see a problem with buying something cloned that still is produced by the original manufacturer.

I have the Space Chorus (Boss Dimension C) pedal and it is close to dead on. The Hi Band Flanger is very nice too (especially for the cost). Nice resonant high side sweeps. I use the Spectrum some on Casio samples for isolation of tone and have the Slow Gear clone (most pronounced on e-bass, so far).

The Slow Gear works as advertised, but I fail to see how the original now gets $500 USD if this is what it does. Same w/ the Spectrum. I have never used an original Spectrum or Slow Gear.

The Dimension C and Hi Band clones are unique and fully worth the dough. The other two are surely worth the money too... they are just a little more subtle (Slow Gear) or common (Spectrum) for usage.

I have not tried these with guitars, just Casios, synths and electric bass. I plan on buying back-ups for the Dimension C and Hi Band Flanger.

p.s. Kent - totally agree 100%
and thetwlo... yeah, good luck with the new China syndrome... I hear you though...
carynrich
not sure what all the hate is on this forum for behringer products. my experience with them have been the contrary. i've owned two patchbays that have worked just fine, they're patchbays and they do what they're designed to do.

i also own a cable tester which works great when building cables for the modular. and i've converted two of their DD400 digital delay pedals into 5U as recommended by dana countryman. they were b-stock at AMS for $17! and it was the best $17 bucks i've spent on a pretty good delay.

i use both of them all the time and i never use my SOS (hides). not into digital grunge, i like my delays relatively clean. also have a EH deluxe memoryman which, again in my opinion is dark and pretty grungy (not in a good way).

we'll, you asked for a good experience and i have to objectively say you can't go wrong for $17 bucks. yeah, the case is really cheap plastic, and the weight of the pedal is all in this shitty metal plate strapped to the bottom. the kind of metal they make lead sinkers out of.


tuj
I have almost all the behringer pedals. Good ones include the analog delay modeling pedal, the and the digital delay. The reverb is not so hot. The noise reduction pedal tends to clip. Their phaser clone is not bad, not super deep but definitely a nice sound. The distortions suck.

Btw, Behringer's SNR2000 is one of the best products of its kind ever made, and you will find them in nice studio's everywhere.
tuj
thetwlo wrote:
just try not to buy shit made in china.


Yeah? How's that working out for you? Because I imagine you must have very little that wasn't either made in China or has components made in China. Tell me who makes a synth with no components sourced from China?
Norman_Phay
johnnymad wrote:
i figured that would be the general opinion. does anyone have good experience with any of their gear?


I have one of the original silver-face composer compressors (the one before the "composer pro") it's a prefectly decent and servicable compressor. I bought an aphex expressor after reading some gearslutz thread where people were dissing on behringer and suggesting other gear which was supposedly cheap and better - I got better recordings of my acoustic guitar using the behringer.

I also bought an ADA8000 when I first put together my music computer - it's an 8ch ad/da convertor. It's pretty good, I bought an Apogee mini-me from VEMIA about 18 months later and did a/b tests, the Apogee is better, but not by much.

I have a few other of their pieces, generally older ones, the only one that sucks is the little valve mic pre, I read people saying this is OK sometimes, but the tone I get out of it when recording with a mic is not likeable.

I wouldn't buy any odf their gear now, partly because I can afford better now, but also because of the rip-off thing. I can understand the hate because of that, but otherwise I don't get it. It's obv not pro gear, but every behringer piece I've had is shitloads better than budget audio gear I bought in the eighties when I was starting off. I mean, ridiculously better.

I'm not interested in the pedals, I got enough pedals already.
Norman_Phay
thetwlo wrote:
just try not to buy shit made in china.


One of the last things I bought - a Eventide time factor IIRC is made in China. It is not shit!
DonaldCrunk
ive got some of their pedals as well - the reverb well and truly sucks, but the others i have are quite a bit of value!
futuresoundsystems
I have a bunch of their delays and, although they're quite noisy, once they're EQd and set to not be too hummy, they're quite fun.

Don't bother with their phasers if you were interested - they're awful.
Just me
The only things B in my house are Ultra Direct boxes. I picked up 5 new ones at a music store auction for $30. I really have a problem with a company based on theft. (And why I won't 'buy' anything Microsoft!)
felixer
i have:
flanger machine fl600. great box. full range sound, no noise, loads of possibilities. probably not even a clone but the exact same innards from the same chinese factory that makes the line6 box. and who cares? line6 didn't invent the flanger ....
echo machine em600. ditto. i actually own two of the line6 versions as well. same thing ....
reverb machine rv600. just got one for my euro modular rack. works fine. not the best reverb you can buy but for the size and price it is.

plastic casing is prob not going to last if you jump on it. so don't jump on it. the line6 casing is much stronger but the potmeter shafts are plastic as well so they are going to break. great. that really helps seriously, i just don't get it

the automobile was developed in germany (by carl benz). am i complaining that americans make cars? no.
the taperecorder was developed in europe (valdemar poulsen, fritz pfleumer, aeg) and the first ampex tapemachine was a direct copy of a german machine stolen by american soldiers at the end of ww2. am i complaining? no.
the condenser mic was invented in germany (by georg neumann). am i complaining americans make condenser mics? no.
the rechargeble nicad battery was developed in germany (again by georg neumann). am i ...... etc etc ....

get over it and make some great music!
onrust nv
I think the pedals are great when you use it with a mixconsole of behringer. and make no input noise. it's not a great loss when you blow something to smitherines.
felixer
onrust nv wrote:
make no input noise ..... when you blow something to smitherines.

did you?
onrust nv
Yaeh, my ultra tremolo died on me in the no-input session. There was a burning smell when it occured. Dead Banana
Karl Jeffers
johnnymad wrote:
i figured that would be the general opinion. does anyone have good experience with any of their gear?


Yes.
I have the BCR2000 has worked perfectly and I bought it second hand.
I also have the A500. Build quality is very good and it sounds just like a Krell.

I don´t have experience with other Behringer gear.


But I know that the old Behringer eurodesk mixers have exactly the same component layout and components as the Mackie desks.
Babaluma
Which is why Mackie sued them.

Honestly, why anyone continues to support this disgusting company is beyond me. They copy the look of reputable company's products, but they are built worse and sound like shit. You might as well start buying Monster cables too, and be done with it. lol
falafelbiels
Oh what's all the fuss about?

There's expensive stuff for those who "need" (subjective) quality and can afford that. Then there are companies that show shit doesn't need to be that expensive who get thrashed for it. A lot of people enjoy using the cheap shit and actually use it to good effect. Alas there comes a time in every cheapskates' life when they can afford something "better" and then they too start talking shit about the likes of Behringer. Oh well.

Then the whole China issue. Spoiled americans and europeans being afraid their system will collapse because the chinese are better at their game and so what the chinese do can't be right. WELL I SAY INVADE THEM! It's usually the course of action isn't it?
whitewulfe
falafelbiels wrote:
Then there are companies that show shit doesn't need to be that expensive who get thrashed for it.


Yup, Numark comes to mind as a company a lot of people like to slag, but they've brought out a number of good products that work wonderfully. Sure not everything's built like a tank, or can survive falling down a flight of stairs, land in a box of explosives that then blow up, but if you need that kind of quality in a product I want to know why you're knocking around your gear so much *laughs* Please note that I'm talking about for use at home, give me the most bulletproof items you've got if it's gigging/road trips etc one is talking about.
3vcos
You truly have missed the point.

Buying behringer is like buying stolen merchandise. In fact if you count IP (and we all should) then behringer isn't any different than cracked software. It's nothing short of supporting criminals to save yourself a coue bucks.


falafelbiels wrote:
Oh what's all the fuss about?

There's expensive stuff for those who "need" (subjective) quality and can afford that. Then there are companies that show shit doesn't need to be that expensive who get thrashed for it. A lot of people enjoy using the cheap shit and actually use it to good effect. Alas there comes a time in every cheapskates' life when they can afford something "better" and then they too start talking shit about the likes of Behringer. Oh well.

Then the whole China issue. Spoiled americans and europeans being afraid their system will collapse because the chinese are better at their game and so what the chinese do can't be right. WELL I SAY INVADE THEM! It's usually the course of action isn't it?
bint
johnnymad wrote:
i figured that would be the general opinion. does anyone have good experience with any of their gear?


BCR2000 has been a solid MIDI controller for me - better than the novation nocturn that started fucking up after a year..
thetwlo
Norman_Phay wrote:
thetwlo wrote:
just try not to buy shit made in china.


One of the last things I bought - a Eventide time factor IIRC is made in China. It is not shit!


(missed this before) yeah, I know I bought one as well... I did say "try"(that's tough) and "shit" so... I guess that could mean buy stuff that isn't "shit."

Regardless, as for the Timefactor, while the build quality seems fine, I'm still a bit disappointed with it overall, perhaps too high of exceptions. I got one when they first came out, the updates have greatly improved it, still, I think it's missing something and could be more flexible.
dkcg
bint wrote:
johnnymad wrote:
i figured that would be the general opinion. does anyone have good experience with any of their gear?


BCR2000 has been a solid MIDI controller for me - better than the novation nocturn that started fucking up after a year..


I never used the encoder version, but the version with the sliders, I went through 3 (that's 3 trips to and from Guitar Center in the same weekend) before I got one that actually worked. I got rid of it shortly after since I felt like it was always about to break and replaced it with a used Motormix for about the same price as the new Behringer.

Only other behringer thing I've owned was a small mixer, noisiest mixer I ever had or used, I gave it away, nobody would buy it. I have a Mackie about the same number of channels and features, and maybe they use the same components as someone said, but they sure don't put them together the same then, the Mackie, while it was almost twice as much as a behringer, is 10 times as nice and I have 100 times as much confidence it won't break. Behringer and Guitar Center...what a great combo! The Walmart of musical instruments. lol
felixer
falafelbiels wrote:
Then the whole China issue. WELL I SAY INVADE THEM! It's usually the course of action isn't it?

yep. that's why the chinese are ready. cuise missile disturbance system is in place. that stuff won't fly over china. plus they own about 70% of the (huge) american debts .... so they basically have them by the balls ....
although most of you may have forgotten, they remember the last time they where economically succesfull against the west and got the opiumwar on their heads (just to remind: british ships bombed the hell out of chinese harbours to enforce their 'right' to sell opium to the chinese people. against chinese laws. killing thousends in a 'democratically approved' economic war. that's the western idea of 'free trade' woah )
and the amercans stole technology by the bucketload. check my post below .... i wonder if bob moog ever paid a dime to the inventer of the theremin. as he sure as hell didn't invent it himself.
read up on history boys&girls .... and not the propaganda you where exposed to in school.
bint
dkcg wrote:


I never used the encoder version, but the version with the sliders, I went through 3 (that's 3 trips to and from Guitar Center in the same weekend) before I got one that actually worked. I got rid of it shortly after since I felt like it was always about to break and replaced it with a used Motormix for about the same price as the new Behringer.


good to know...
MindMachine
felixer wrote:
falafelbiels wrote:
Then the whole China issue. WELL I SAY INVADE THEM! It's usually the course of action isn't it?

yep. that's why the chinese are ready. cuise missile disturbance system is in place. that stuff won't fly over china. plus they own about 70% of the (huge) american debts .... so they basically have them by the balls ....
although most of you may have forgotten, they remember the last time they where economically succesfull against the west and got the opiumwar on their heads (just to remind: british ships bombed the hell out of chinese harbours to enforce their 'right' to sell opium to the chinese people. against chinese laws. killing thousends in a 'democratically approved' economic war. that's the western idea of 'free trade' woah )
and the amercans stole technology by the bucketload. check my post below .... i wonder if bob moog ever paid a dime to the inventer of the theremin. as he sure as hell didn't invent it himself.
read up on history boys&girls .... and not the propaganda you where exposed to in school.


The fools just want McDonalds & KFC chicken now. They will die from a slow invasion... Commie Corrupt Capitalism... who would have thunk it????

Behringer are scum. So is my government. So is Wall Street. Pick your fights or boycotts and live. I do not buy any Behringer current rip offs... only copies of discontinued products (i.e. old Boss pedals). I can live with that. I wish I could pick and choose which govt programs my taxes go to. Which Goldman Sachs Executive bonus my tax dollars went to. Which corrupt government my taxes went to. I can choose which Behringer products my money goes to. All companies cheat, copy and lie. Behringer is the least of our worries...
onrust nv
I've got myself 2 vd400 analog BBD delays for 38euro's. Going to take them apart en put them both in a pedal box. Zo I've got a true stereo analog pedal.
Danotranto
felixer
only is it's 'vintage pookie poo' Rockin' Banana!
vmgas
i've had 2 behringer mixers
it was the cheapest option at the time
woudlnt get one again
definetly no personal interest in the pedals aside from maybe getting em for free and putting them in new cases or making something out of them
but i dont see anything so morally wrong about behringer compared to any other big company
if it works it works
who cares
they are "stealing" from mackie or boss or whatever other company charges an arm and a leg for equipment and allowing broke folk to get something they can use
in general i dont have a serious problem with stealing other than stealing from individuals or houses though there are occasional exceptions
its all survival..buy it, steal it, whatever
i've seen releases of mine on blogs..don't really care
my house has been robbed several times..doesn't matter
behringer aren't some kind of monsters anymore than any of the other big guys, they just charge less
analogsteve
vmgas wrote:
i've had 2 behringer mixers
it was the cheapest option at the time
woudlnt get one again
definetly no personal interest in the pedals aside from maybe getting em for free and putting them in new cases or making something out of them
but i dont see anything so morally wrong about behringer compared to any other big company
if it works it works
who cares
they are "stealing" from mackie or boss or whatever other company charges an arm and a leg for equipment and allowing broke folk to get something they can use
in general i dont have a serious problem with stealing other than stealing from individuals or houses though there are occasional exceptions
its all survival..buy it, steal it, whatever
i've seen releases of mine on blogs..don't really care
my house has been robbed several times..doesn't matter
behringer aren't some kind of monsters anymore than any of the other big guys, they just charge less


This post is just too ridiculous to take seriously. Troll?
vmgas
what's so ridiculous? we all don't have to have the same values or opinions
swordsect
I agree, I don't see the big deal about stealing from the big guys, who really cares? not me, besides i'm sure half the stuff that is made that we buy basically costs nothing to make in the first place, so they are all stealing from US. Whats with all the moral policing?
mateo
vmgas wrote:

behringer aren't some kind of monsters anymore than any of the other big guys, they just charge less


because they "outsource" their r&d... and their stuff is cheaply made, which, morals aside, is a good enough reason not to buy from them.
amsonx
I've only two Behringer gear , the Ub802 mixer and the BCR2000.
The 801 is very bad and noisy but the BCR2000 for me is realiable , i've got it about 4 years ago and works well.

a part this i totally agree Bamaluma about Behringer in general
antimatter
available readily and cheap, might work great [fer distortion] or might not work at all,
MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index -> Guitars, Basses, Amps & FX  
Page 1 of 2
Powered by phpBB © phpBB Group