ADSR/VCA Problems

Discussion and support for users and builders of Oakley Sound musical products.

Moderators: Kent, Synthbuilder

alexmillman
Learning to Wiggle

ADSR/VCA Problems

Post by alexmillman » Wed Jan 25, 2017 2:59 pm

I have just finished building the Oakley ADSR/VCA and it is showing some strange behaviour.

The module functions as something to turn the sound on and off when a gate signal is applied, but the ADSR knobs do not function properly:
When R is set to zero, A &D have no effect. Only when R is turned up reasonably high do A & D have any effect. Even then the maximum time I can reach is around 10s on each.

When in loop mode with S set to minimum, the LED is constantly on, changing A & D have no effect. The LED does however turn off completely when past 10% of the full scale.

The PCB located trimmers also have no effect when turned.

I have done the usual checking of components and soldering, along with some basic troubleshooting and I cannot seem to find the problem. I have attached a picture of my board.

Any help would be greatly appreciated!!
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Synthbuilder
Super Deluxe Wiggler

Post by Synthbuilder » Thu Jan 26, 2017 9:40 am

Check around that 4052, ie. U2. A damaged 4052 can cause this sort of thing. Pins 12 and 13 of U2's socket look a little worse for wear on the photograph.

Tony

alexmillman
Learning to Wiggle

Post by alexmillman » Fri Jan 27, 2017 12:14 pm

Thanks a lot for the help Tony. I got a drop of solder into those pins during the build, thought I had sufficiently cleaned them out, but it turned out there was still a tiny bridge between them.

Its working perfectly now!!!

Return to “Oakley Sound Systems”