MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index
 FAQ & Terms of UseFAQ & Terms Of Use   Wiggler RadioMW Radio   Muff Wiggler TwitterTwitter   Support the site @ PatreonPatreon 
 SearchSearch   RegisterSign up   Log inLog in 
WIGGLING 'LITE' IN GUEST MODE

A TR-808 clone in Eurorack format
MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index -> Eurorack Modules Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4  Next [all]
Author A TR-808 clone in Eurorack format
minisystem
I wanted to show off a prototype of a module I've been working on for the last year. It's a clone of the TR-808 drum machine.

Here's a teaser video:

Features:

16 analogue drum voices (6 single voices, 5 switchable dual voices) with global accent
Pattern sequencer with 1-32 steps
12 banks of 16 patterns
16 rhythm tracks
Shuffle and roll modes
External MIDI triggering of drum voices
11 individual drum voice outputs + master output with volume control
2 assignable trigger outputs
External sync via MIDI clock, DIN Sync or clock pulse.

60HP
110 mA +12V
90 mA -12V

The sequencer has been updated with stepwise switching between the dual drum voices (toms/congas, rimshot/claves) which allows triggering of either voice on different steps of the same sequence. The clap and maracas have fully independent triggers with a shared audio output.

A trigger expander module is planned. Open hardware and open firmware.

Availability expected by mid-late fall 2017. Pricing TBA.

Visit system80.net if you want to sign up to a mailing list
CF3
jawdrop

bookmarked
bemushroomed
Insane.

"11 individual drum voice outputs"

throws TR-8 out of the window wink
miles_macquarrie
Wow. Excellent work. Want.
lorenzovektor
Nice job, it looks promising!
ambrohski
Animal! hell yeah!

So, can I have one?
maltemark
Trig in to switch the switchable voices ....??????? Yes yes yes yes!
lazertron
Signed up! Please keep us posted often about that very promising module thumbs up
Chopper
woah

Who is that guy??? Where has he been all that time???
Bots
This is kool!!!
captainhooke
This looks aaaaamazing!

Trigger ins for all drum sounds by any chance? That would be an amazing.
Kent
Nice box. I wonder why it was developed for the Euro-format as opposed to being a standalone box. Products like this take up a lot of rack space and rather unnecessarily.
Hi5
Not having to deal with a power supply and full enclosure keeps costs down
bemushroomed
captainhooke wrote:
This looks aaaaamazing!

Trigger ins for all drum sounds by any chance? That would be an amazing.

"A trigger expander module is planned."
lootacow
Its in euro because there are about 10 different companies making 808 desktop clones, an none in euro. You can get the individual 808 modules in euro, but not the total package.
Kent
Hi5 wrote:

Seems like a false economy to me once factoring how much a powered case costs per HP.
akairipper
please stop. i should have bought a house by now.

Rockin' Banana! Rockin' Banana!
lasesentaysiete
akairipper
SewerBadger wrote:
Hi5 wrote:

Seems like a false economy to me once factoring how much a powered case costs per HP.

i think there are a few people who might be willing to offset all that stuff to have something that sexy and 808 sounding in the rack, im looking at what to take out already!
and "false economy" isn't that the dictionary definition of eurorack? lol
jam457
next level! Open hardware and firmware!!!! DIY???

smile smile smile smile
TrondC
SewerBadger wrote:
Nice box. I wonder why it was developed for the Euro-format as opposed to being a standalone box. Products like this take up a lot of rack space and rather unnecessarily.

I was incredibly excited at first too, but where are all the CV inputs? I mean, it looks BEAUTIFUL, and I would probably LOVE to have one, but I never understood the point of making a module if you can't manipulate it with your other modules? As it looks now I'd rather have a desktop unit, but I hope that I will stand corrected when it comes out wink

Ps: not trying to talk bad about this product, just thinking out loud
wonkychris
Fruity hyper
orangehexagon
awesome looking panel as well thumbs up
bemushroomed
TrondC wrote:
SewerBadger wrote:

I was incredibly excited at first too, but where are all the CV inputs? I mean, it looks BEAUTIFUL, and I would probably LOVE to have one, but I never understood the point of making a module if you can't manipulate it with your other modules? As it looks now I'd rather have a desktop unit, but I hope that I will stand corrected when it comes out wink

Ps: not trying to talk bad about this product, just thinking out loud

..like it isnt wide enough already wink

I guess the OP should have put the "A trigger expander module is planned" in bold.

An expander module is probably the right idea since it's really big + probably costly already..

I do agree though, these drum modules do need trigger ins, otherwise (to me) they are almost completely uninteresting. The DrumDokta 2 was not a great module due to this imo, I did not care for the sequencer at all- buttons were unresponsive, A/B selection of rows slowed down the workflow too much.
MATSmile
Reset input would be much appreciated This is fun!
MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index -> Eurorack Modules Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4  Next [all]
Page 1 of 4