MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index
 FAQ & Terms of UseFAQ & Terms Of Use   Wiggler RadioMW Radio   Muff Wiggler TwitterTwitter   Support the site @ PatreonPatreon 
 SearchSearch   RegisterSign up   Log inLog in 
WIGGLING 'LITE' IN GUEST MODE

LP-1 hold and record mode?
MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index -> soundmachines  
Author LP-1 hold and record mode?
R.U.Nuts
A quick question about the LP-1 which I couldn't answer myself by reading the manual: Is recording possible while hold mode is engaged? I hope so. I'm planning to buy a LP-1 but if the answer to my question is "no" this would be a dealbreaker for me...
soundmachines
Hi there!
Not sure what you mean.
In HOLD mode the LP1 'keeps' the X and Y outputs locked to the last vaild 'touch point'.
Please let me know what is your need in terms of behaviour I may check it out better!

Davide
R.U.Nuts
Hi there! I mean is it possible to record while hold mode is engaged?
solaris
R.U.Nuts wrote:
Hi there! I mean is it possible to record while hold mode is engaged?

no.
but you could "fake" hold mode by engaging rec mode for a fraction of a second without moving your finger - this way the value will be recorded and hold indefinitely. then, you could re-engage rec mode from there, moving your finger and recording the movement.
but then, coming out from rec mode will "reset" the value and it will come back to zero, not to the previously recorded ("hold") state.
soundmachines
Solaris is right (thanks!) but still can't understand what would be the scenario that RUNuts is asking for.
Maybe you would like to record something while the output is not "moving" until you finish the recording phase? A kind of 'muted recording' or 'cued recording' ???
Dav
R.U.Nuts
soundmachines wrote:
Solaris is right (thanks!) but still can't understand what would be the scenario that RUNuts is asking for.
Maybe you would like to record something while the output is not "moving" until you finish the recording phase? A kind of 'muted recording' or 'cued recording' ???
Dav

As I understand if not in hold mode the voltage of the outputs will drop back to zero once I don't touch the LP1. So if I have the LP1 gate output trigger an Envelope of say a VCA that is set to a long release time and the LP1 CV out to an oscillator's pitch input and this VCO runs through said VCA you would hear the VCO's pitch drop while I don't touch the LP1 and the gate is low and the envelope in it's release phase.
But I could fix that with a track and hold module I guess.
MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index -> soundmachines  
Page 1 of 1