MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index
 FAQ & Terms of UseFAQ & Terms Of Use   Wiggler RadioMW Radio   Muff Wiggler TwitterTwitter   Support the site @ PatreonPatreon 
 SearchSearch   RegisterSign up   Log inLog in 
WIGGLING 'LITE' IN GUEST MODE

Buchla build quality and reliability?
MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index -> Buchla, EMS & Serge  
Author Buchla build quality and reliability?
carvingcode
General opinions on build quality and reliability of currently made Buchla systems? Primarily considering purchase of a Music Easel.

TIA
Koa
top tier. Buchla are just as robust as 5u and even moreso than the standard euro (which isn't saying much, as that format is the wild west rn)
memes_33
well, there's this from a few years back:

https://www.gearslutz.com/board/electronic-music-instruments-electroni c-music-production/1009500-bemi-music-easel-teardown-thread.html

i think bemi eventually took some of the author's advice and implemented changes for the better, but he's not the last person who has called out their build quality for the price. i've heard several wigglers remark that some of the top notch clone builders do much higher quality work than bemi.
zzelig
Reviving an old thread.
I'm very interested in getting a Music Easel soon but am a total Buchla noob (only eurorack).
Would it be worth it to wait for the new BUSA version? Are the BEMI Music Easels really that hit or miss as far as build quality?
mritenburg
zzelig wrote:
Reviving an old thread.
I'm very interested in getting a Music Easel soon but am a total Buchla noob (only eurorack).
Would it be worth it to wait for the new BUSA version? Are the BEMI Music Easels really that hit or miss as far as build quality?

If a BEMI module is built correctly and it works, there are no issues. I own a BEMI 259e, 292e, and 285e. All three are rock solid. I purchased a used BEMI 267e that had an issue with one of the random voltage outputs. I called Foxtone and they arranged to have it fixed for me at a very reasonable price.

If you buy used you are always taking a gamble. I don’t think the problems are any worse than any other modular manufacturer. I think the reason people make so much about it is the price. For the price, especially if you buy new, you expect a perfect module.
zzelig
Point taken. Thanks!
MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index -> Buchla, EMS & Serge  
Page 1 of 1