MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index
 FAQ & Terms of UseFAQ & Terms Of Use   Wiggler RadioMW Radio   Muff Wiggler TwitterTwitter   Support the site @ PatreonPatreon 
 SearchSearch   RegisterSign up   Log inLog in 
WIGGLING 'LITE' IN GUEST MODE

Erica synths
MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index -> Eurorack Modules Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next [all]
Author Erica synths
arronbru
Fairly new to ER and im building up my collection.
im not looking for advice on "what" to get but rather just advice on the brands themselves.

Are Erica synths any good? they seem to strike an attractive price point between doepfer and other manufactures.

any input welcome. The Quad VCA they make is particularly appealing.
akairipper
arronbru wrote:
Fairly new to ER and im building up my collection.
im not looking for advice on "what" to get but rather just advice on the brands themselves.

Are Erica synths any good? they seem to strike an attractive price point between doepfer and other manufactures.

any input welcome. The Quad VCA they make is particularly appealing.

erica rock, i have spent around 50 or 60 thousand on my rack and i wish i had spent more on erica, (like 10 grand of it not just 3)quality,sensible,clever,well supported,ongoing,price point is realistic (diy available) pico stuff kicks ass price to hp perfect. and its black.
akairipper
and they make their stuff to be part of a system
kid_kozmoz
I've got a Quad VCA and I approve of it. thumbs up Feels very well-made. The curve on the upper ends of the pots takes a little finessing when mixing sounds, but it works for me.

Just be aware it is only for audio.
operator808
Have said it before and I'll say it again, I've been kinda following Erica Synths' growth from Knobcon to Synthposium (Moscow) to NAMM in the last year and a half, and they are absolutely killing it. Customers all over (including myself) are extremely happy with sound and build quality plus after-sales service.

Currently I own:

Black Wavetable VCO (best in class)
Black Quad VCA
Pico Drums
Pico SEQ
Pico DSP

And just got an email from them today about a Stereo Mixer + Expander module which I'm absolutely sure I'll pick up in the next couple of months.
matttech
They put out some great stuff, are a pleasure to deal with, and their products are going down really well with my customers

thumbs up
lasesentaysiete
akairipper wrote:
i have spent around 50 or 60 thousand on my rack
Rockin' Banana!

I have a Black Hole DSP and Black Polivoks filter. Built quality is excellent. Sound quality is nothing to sneeze at, either.
atte
Ericas are amazing, kind people, great modules, great support.
Outtatune
I like them. They are a bit unique in that they seem to have a fast prototype-to-production cycle and do smaller production runs, so if you are a guy that gets upset that a "Mark II" comes out six months after you purchased something, consider this a heads up smile.

My specific experiences:

MIDI to Trigger. The first version didn't work on some MIDI devices. They sent me the working version free, and didn't ask me to return the first one. That's just awesome service.
Pico Drums. Love it. Unique tool at 3HP.
Black Wavetable VCO. Love it. It's been in almost every patch since I got it.
Pico VCO. At 3HP, why not? Useful wavetables and always in tune
Pico VCF1. Dirty filter in 3HP to compliment all my clean stuff.
Pico DSP. Again at 3HP... why not? Replaced a ALM SBG and Boss RV6 for 'verb.
Black Quad VCA. 10HP. Nice crunch when you push it. I also have Veils and Blinds because, you know, you can never have enough...
Black Stereo Mixer. My primary stereo output module. Mine has a noise floor I'm not happy with and still trying to diagnose, but the price/size/feature combo is strong enough for me to keep it there.
Wogglebug. DIY was a hell of a lot cheaper than getting the MN version.

Everything I've purchased from them is still in my main rig.

Doepfer rocks too BTW.

Enjoy your Euro journey!
MindMachine
Search will yield.

I have had Black Digital Noise and Black Output since they came out.

Best construction of any, great packaging, and aurally they are as good as it gets.

Waiting for my next modules from Perfect Circuit.

Guinness ftw!
Astronaut FX
I have the following:

Black Quad VCA
Black Output
Black Dual EG/LFO
Pico Drums

These four modules are among the most well made I own. They really put a lot of attention to detail and quality components into the build process. Not only that, but they are very ergonomic to work with while not being hp hogs, which is no easy task.

They may well be my favorite builder, at least in the top 3 to 5 without question.
hinterlands303
I recently bought their acidbox II standalone filter box and man is it a nice piece of gear. I had been wanting a Polivoks filter but im out of rack space so I decided to go with the standalone box. It sounds FANTASTIC and it has a super solid build. It's also just an overall smart design with the built in syncable LFO and noise generator. If I ever add another voice I would love a row of Erica modules.
Avjr
They are great. Just go for it.
Yodhan
I own three of the Pico modules (Rnd, VCO, VCF1) and I like all of them.
RoaFL
Yeah, the Pico series is pretty ingenious.
I bought an RND Because The Harvestman modules on my rack make the HP left an odd number.
Works perfectly for the size and price.
I'd like to try their VCFs in 3hp, but I ran out of space and am trying to stem the tide on my gear lust.
batch
Erica are awesome, have Black WT VCO and Polivoks filter, multiple Pico and about to pull the trigger on a whole lot more
The Illuminaire
I have owned everything Erica has ever put out (and some they have yet to release), often in pairs. One of my systems is very Erica dominant by effect.

Girts and the rest of the Erica Synths team know precisely what they're doing. The Black, Fusion, and Pico lines are utterly fantastic.
SlayerBadger!
dhulsey
Outtatune wrote:

Black Stereo Mixer. My primary stereo output module. Mine has a noise floor I'm not happy with and still trying to diagnose, but the price/size/feature combo is strong enough for me to keep it there.

I'm about to pull the trigger on the stereo mixer.. This is the first negative thing I've seen about it. Do you know if it's just an anomaly with your unit?
lorenzovektor
All their Black Series Modules are built very well, they sound great and best of all, they are fat finger friendly!!!
Outtatune
dhulsey wrote:
Outtatune wrote:

I'm about to pull the trigger on the stereo mixer.. This is the first negative thing I've seen about it. Do you know if it's just an anomaly with your unit?

I'm the only guy talking about it, so it might be a local issue. I need to pull out things I've added to the case recently and/or try the mixer in a separate case to troubleshoot. I'll probably do that this week as the gate I've been using on the output is annoying.
The Illuminaire
Outtatune wrote:
dhulsey wrote:
Outtatune wrote:

I'm the only guy talking about it, so it might be a local issue. I need to pull out things I've added to the case recently and/or try the mixer in a separate case to troubleshoot. I'll probably do that this week as the gate I've been using on the output is annoying.

I own both v1 and v2 of the Black Stereo Mixer. The noise floor you speak of is nonexistent on both of my units.

Sounds like it may be a local environment issue or perhaps your unit is anomalously flawed. seriously, i just don't get it
Outtatune
I digress from the positive feedback in this thread (mine included) but after an overdue bunch of tests today, I believe there is indeed a noise issue in what is now an older rev of the Black Stereo Mixer. No one else has mentioned this issue, so take what I say with a grain. Why didn't I notice this before? I'd like to think I'm getting better at gain staging and listening more critically, but who knows.

Anyway in the coming months I'll need a second one and have no reservations about ordering a new one from Erica and A/B-ing them. In the meantime, a stereo gate will suffice. Like I said in my initial post in this thread, the price/size/feature combo is strong enough for me to keep it in my main case. My other Eurorack mixers are the Circuit Abbey Unify + Expander and a few of the Maleko MIX4s.
guestt
All good with Erica from my perspective too!

I a have bunch of the 3hp modules and they are all great - I actually have two of the DSP because it is so mind bogglingly awesome for such a small module - both used extensively. Anything from full on effects wrangling to just a touch of reverb here and there makes a massive difference to the sound on all counts and these are a cheap way of achieving that in small hp. They are also remarkably well programmed and while they can get pretty wild they don't fly out of the range of sensible behaviour at all.
jenz
I have the Erica synths Switch and it's really great! I'm waiting for my programmer to get in from amazon to flash it with the newest firmware.
Great service too!
bgcriswell
I agree with everyone here! Erica Synths is awesome. I have almost all of the Black and Pico series. The only problem I've ever had was my Black Output had a bad channel when I got it. I returned and got a new one, no problem. Some of my favorite modules by far.
MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index -> Eurorack Modules Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next [all]
Page 1 of 10