MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index
 FAQ & Terms of UseFAQ & Terms Of Use   Wiggler RadioMW Radio   Muff Wiggler TwitterTwitter   Support the site @ PatreonPatreon 
 SearchSearch   RegisterSign up   Log inLog in 
WIGGLING 'LITE' IN GUEST MODE

The Frog Prince in the land of ERD
MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index -> Synth Noise  
Author The Frog Prince in the land of ERD
Infinity Curve
[s]http://soundcloud.com/sincode/the-frog-prince-in-the-land-of-erd[/s  ]

https://soundcloud.com/sincode/the-frog-prince-in-the-land-of-erd

Edit: forum glitch?? There is no space in the SoundCloud tag when I edit the post?
dan_k
Lovely! I really like the progressions. Lots of subtle things going on in the background drone. Thanks for sharing.

Care to share some patch notes? Interested how you're utilizing the ERDs here.
Infinity Curve
Hey Dan,

Glad you enjoyed it. This was actually a very simple patch, one take, one layer, no sequencing, no post - just recorded live straight to my interface.

Here's a quick and dirty sketch that shows the basic structure of the patch, red for CV, green for the audio path. Oscillator A in kermit is set to LFO and is modulating the waveform of Oscillator B, which is our sound source for the rest of the patch. Tyme Sefari is just recording/playing the whole time, sample rate set at like 3:00 on the dial, with subtle modulation from ERD/y, which helps warble things a bit here and there. From the Bionic Lester, it's going into the Black Locust, which has a Count to 5 in mode 1 with longest grain size with the ERD/y modulatiing the expression, assigned to the grain pitch, which is what is helping to give the extra layers to the sound, and then it's through an OBNE Black Fountain and onto a RM-1N - straight from RM-1N to my interface for recording.

As with most of my patches, this was all self driving and I didn't touch anything while it was recording. I can explain the interactions better if any interest, although I did this a week or 2 ago, so going off memory. Actually, now that I think about it, the output of the mixed CV from King Slender is going through the slew as well before going out to the Lester and ERD/ERD

Next time you hear someone call Kermit a 'utility oscillator' you can laugh at them hihi
mt3
[soundcloud url="https://api.soundcloud.com/tracks/306247678" params="auto_play=false&hide_related=false&show_comments=true&show_use r=true&show_reposts=false&visual=true" width="100%" height="450" iframe="true" /]

The soundcloud button here never worked for me. You have to go to soundcloud, select embed for the track, check the wordpress code box, copy the url, then paste it here.
thumbs up
Infinity Curve
mt3 wrote:
[soundcloud url="https://api.soundcloud.com/tracks/306247678" params="auto_play=false&hide_related=false&show_comments=true&show_use r=true&show_reposts=false&visual=true" width="100%" height="450" iframe="true" /]

The soundcloud button here never worked for me. You have to go to soundcloud, select embed for the track, check the wordpress code box, copy the url, then paste it here.
thumbs up

Not sure what the issue is? The other 4 tracks I posted had no problems, but this one doesnt seem to matter how many times I edit, it's not working. When I edit the post, there is no space, so not sure how to fix it? I do the code tags manually anyways, not the forum buttons.

Oh, and I've fixed the attachment with the patch info
dan_k
Thanks very much for sharing the behind the scenes. Always interesting to see how people approach putting stuff together. Quite often I fend less is more too and a lot of complex patches seem to start crumbling under their own weight.

Looks like a fun system you've got with the predominant Harvestman and then ERD combo. Congrats on the restraint I couldn't limit to just one or two manufacturers.

And yeah, Kermit or other less obvious sound sources is fun strategy.
Infinity Curve
Ya, I actually 'got out' of euro last summer, think I peaked at 24U after a few years of constant buying and selling, shuffling and changing direction, and decided to go 4U Serge, only keeping my erd's and Kermit basically. After a few months I realized I kind of missed my harvestman, so started picking up mk1's here and there, ended up with the system I have now. Does what I want, works well together, and it's right beside 3 panels of serge, so it's not like I'm limited in any way.

Went through a TON of euro, so at this point I know what I like and what I like to work with, and harvestman, particularly the mk1's, just do what I want, and the erd's are the heart and brain of my system. Contemplating adding a third row, but still on the fence. Could see it snowballing again, which I would prefer to avoid.
dan_k
I keep eyeing the Random Source stuff and am tempted to build a 4U system but it's hard to justify with all the other stuff I have. And I attached to the unique qualities of a lot of my euro stuff. I did build a VCFQ as that was too good to pass up.

No ERD modules here yet, but a bunch of the previous blackdeath and dark interpreter.

Smaller more contained systems seem to work for me too. I think a lot of the time it's the case of being dazzled by what you think you'd want vs what you actually use.

What Serge panels did you end up choosing?
Infinity Curve
Custom Blue Voice(VCFS instead of 2nd PCO)
Creature
Audio interface
ASR Quan
Gator

Very powerful system. And I'm only just starting to scratch the surface interfacing it with my euro. Very nice with the ERD's!!
MindMachine
Nice tune. But I have to ask... what is an ERD? hmmm.....
Infinity Curve
http://1010.co.uk/org/ERD.html
MindMachine
Thanks. Forgot about those. Guinness ftw!
MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index -> Synth Noise  
Page 1 of 1