MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index
 FAQ & Terms of UseFAQ & Terms Of Use   Wiggler RadioMW Radio   Muff Wiggler TwitterTwitter   Support the site @ PatreonPatreon 
 SearchSearch   RegisterSign up   Log inLog in 
WIGGLING 'LITE' IN GUEST MODE

TM-1 questions
MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index -> Metasonix  
Author TM-1 questions
boydpost
Hey folks, I have an early Metasonix TM-1 (ser. #89) and I have a couple of questions...

when I bought the TM-1 new (years ago) one of the tubes had been broken in shipping and Eric had kindly sent me a replacement and a spare. the question is that while the tube in the unit is a 6BZ7 the replacement is a 5BZ7. are these interchangeable? if so will they alter the response or sound of the unit?

Also, the decal on the top surface has not aged well at all...whitening and lifting off the surface at places. Is there something I can do to remedy this? or replace it?

Thanks in advance.

BTW - I have this sucker for sale in the FS/FT listings, in case anyone is interested.
metasonix
[quote="boydpost"]when I bought the TM-1 new (years ago) one of the tubes had been broken in shipping and Eric had kindly sent me a replacement and a spare. the question is that while the tube in the unit is a 6BZ7 the replacement is a 5BZ7. are these interchangeable? if so will they alter the response or sound of the unit?

YES AND NO

Quote:
Also, the decal on the top surface has not aged well at all...whitening and lifting off the surface at places. Is there something I can do to remedy this? or replace it?

We could send you original artwork. You take all the guts out of the box, print the art onto full-sheet clear label material, cut it out, clean/scrape off the old label, and put on the new one. Cut the panel holes out with an X-Acto knife or similar and reassemble.
boydpost
wow. as soon as I read your reply I realized that I had already asked you this several years ago. I'm either getting seriously old or just overwhelmed. I might just live with the "patina" though...gives it character right?
Thanks again.
boydpost
erp. dbl post.
MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index -> Metasonix  
Page 1 of 1