MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index
 FAQ & Terms of UseFAQ & Terms Of Use   Wiggler RadioMW Radio   Muff Wiggler TwitterTwitter   Support the site @ PatreonPatreon 
 SearchSearch   RegisterSign up   Log inLog in 
WIGGLING 'LITE' IN GUEST MODE

258e High Frequency FM Test Patch (AUDIO)(VIDEO)
MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index -> Buchla, EMS & Serge Goto page 1, 2  Next [all]
Author 258e High Frequency FM Test Patch (AUDIO)(VIDEO)
djangosfire
High Frequency FM patch using a prototype custom 258e module. The 258e is fully 200e compatible, and being built by DougCL.

The patch was fairly complex, but very generally:

258e VCO#2 LFO pulsing a 230e to create a pulse for 266e QRV used to control a mix of 258e VCO#1 pitch. I used a variable waveform output from a 261e Mod VCO ... patched back into the 258e VCO#1 FM input.

Other modules used in this patch (in no particular order): JRB Reverb, 281e, 292e, 227e, 254e, 210e.

Also - NO external efx or compression - straight out of my Buchla, into the console, then into the computer.

Thank you for listening - Adam

[soundcloud url="https://api.soundcloud.com/tracks/307002538" params="auto_play=false&hide_related=false&show_comments=true&show_use r=true&show_reposts=false&visual=true" width="100%" height="450" iframe="true" /]

Short video of the patch:

Pics of the module and patch:

rayce
Nice!

This is the oscillator B&A or BEMI should have built YEARS ago. Its not like its some big secret that an analog oscillator was what folks were hoping for in the 200e environment.

Kudos to dougcl for making it happen.
Ambientdreaming
Wow! I want one. Will this be sold by DougCL?
Cheers!
Lyonel
It sounds super great!
deltaphoenix
That sounds great!

I can't wait to get more info (Price & Availability)!
cygmu
Good lord that sounds nice.
bwhittington
Great job, Doug!

love
cyberdine
Lovely stuff! Am definitely interested when this is available to buy.
rattlework
Adam thanks for sharing another great piece from a beautiful system.
Excellent work Doug. Hopefully you are able to bring these (258e, 254e...) to the 200e market. Seems like Buchla has been leaning more towards the DIY market lately maybe this could reignite the 200e interest.
vgermuse
Ravishingly beautiful crystalline tones! screaming goo yo
misa
djangosfire wrote:
258e VCO#2 LFO pulsing a 230e to create a pulse for 266e QRV

Adam,

I wonder why you are going to the extra trouble of pulsing the 230 instead of using the output of the 258e directly?
djangosfire
misa wrote:
djangosfire wrote:
258e VCO#2 LFO pulsing a 230e to create a pulse for 266e QRV

Adam,

I wonder why you are going to the extra trouble of pulsing the 230 instead of using the output of the 258e directly?

Ha smile I could have . . . I think the patch took on a life of its own... and I enjoy using the 230e as you can dial in the exact pulse response.

Cheers - Adam
Ozz
How do you think it compares to the 258v just in terms of sound qualities?

Great demo. Thanks for sharing.

Cheers
krv
Great patch and excellent module, can't wait to add one to my set
weinglas
Very nice nanners
vgermuse
Yes! This is a super exciting module. Adam and I did some earlier tests and I include them here to add to this collection:

https://soundcloud.com/user7621213/dual-oscillator-krell-test

https://soundcloud.com/user7621213/dual-oscillator-test

https://www.muffwiggler.com/forum/viewtopic.php?p=2332448&highlight=#2 332448

w00t
mach20
Oh this is deeply satisfying to listen to. Thanks for sharing it!
trick
While the preset manager may be able to control it, the caveat to it being fully compatible with 200e is that its presets would not be able to be saved onto a 200e memory card as that would require BEMI to add it to the 206e/225e fireware to poll for it. Perhaps not a big deal for some, but important to recognize for those who expect 100% compatibility.
missingtwin
Dearest baby jesus i love these sounds adam.
So excited for the 258e!

Thanks for the info trick. Ive never once used the
memory card myself. Guess the presets for me are like a
Sketchbook. For example to quickly make 10 versions
of the same patch and then go with the best one.
djangosfire
trick wrote:
While the preset manager may be able to control it, the caveat to it being fully compatible with 200e is that its presets would not be able to be saved onto a 200e memory card as that would require BEMI to add it to the 206e/225e fireware to poll for it. Perhaps not a big deal for some, but important to recognize for those who expect 100% compatibility.

Hi Trick,

Actually, the 258e is it is 100% compatible, including card backup/restore. I just confirmed this with DougCL, the builder.
mritenburg
djangosfire wrote:
trick wrote:

Hi Trick,

Actually, the 258e is it is 100% compatible, including card backup/restore. I just confirmed this with DougCL, the builder.

I wonder if there is a limit to how many 258e's you can have in one system/preset manager, and does it limit how many 259e and 261e modules you can have in one system/preset manager?
trick
djangosfire wrote:
trick wrote:

Hi Trick,

That's interesting and contradictory to how I understand the preset managers/memory cards to work. From my understanding, new modules require fireware updates for support in respect to memory cards. Obviously if it has been tested and demostrated to work, then my understanding is incorrect.
djangosfire
More info from DougCL:

"There can be at most eight oscillator modules on a preset manager.

Four 259e
Four 261e
Eight 258e
Or any combination of the above as long as the total does not exceed eight."

Cheers! - Adam
olesandström
this is awesome! is there any info about availability yet?
djangosfire
olesandström wrote:
this is awesome! is there any info about availability yet?

This most recent revision prototype that I have here, is very close. I cannot comment on a timeframe - If I get any info on a release date, I'll share it here for sure!
MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index -> Buchla, EMS & Serge Goto page 1, 2  Next [all]
Page 1 of 2