MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index
 FAQ & Terms of UseFAQ & Terms Of Use   Wiggler RadioMW Radio   Muff Wiggler TwitterTwitter   Support the site @ PatreonPatreon 
 SearchSearch   RegisterSign up   Log inLog in 
WIGGLING 'LITE' IN GUEST MODE

Winter Modular Eloquencer Sequencer
MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index -> Eurorack Modules Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 49, 50, 51, 52  Next [all]
Author Winter Modular Eloquencer Sequencer
bisquick
I had a question about the EME - does it enable the elo to start/stop more accurately? I have issues with the Intellijel µMIDI and the reset input whereby the elo gets out of sync compared to the midi device controlling it. This has been a long time issue with my experience in modular... Basically many modules are reading the delta in between clock pulses on the input to ascertain the internal clock speed, so they can get an 1/8 note off (or more/less).

I'm hoping that this module addresses this particular issue...

Thanks for any answers!
Turk128
When can we expect the new firmware? If it’s out now like a have read the 27 of may with the launch of eme.? Where can I download it.. share link please
Multi Grooves
Sold out in black already?!

hmmm..... hmmm.....
mopoco
Turk128 wrote:
When can we expect the new firmware? If it’s out now like a have read the 27 of may with the launch of eme.? Where can I download it.. share link please

http://winter-modular.com/community/firmware-updates/eloquencer-v1-3-0 -firmware-update/#post-46
Torn n Frayed
Multi Grooves wrote:
Sold out in black already?!

hmmm..... hmmm.....

They have them at PC.
cg_funk
mopoco wrote:

http://winter-modular.com/community/firmware-updates/eloquencer-v1-3-0 -firmware-update/#post-46

This one supposedly fixes a couple of the most annoying bugs. I think the module is almost out of the beta-testing stage...

But like I was saying, the module is still 'incomplete'. Features that are not even implemented take up prime space (What the heck does MOD do anyways ???)

I am considering selling mine at this stage, if anyone wants a black elo.
cg_funk
Has anyone else tried the new firmware/beta for the Eloquencer? I'm calling it a beta, cause it's obviously a beta after installing it and having tons of NEW bugs pop up.

I am having a new issue, I cannot change any CV values while the sequence is running. I have to stop the sequencer to change CV, or CV_probability. So this new update makes it impossible to change anything on the fly as far as I can tell. What kind of feature is this?? It sucks!!

Also. The new way that it syncs to the external clock totally sucks, it's way off beat. I have no clue what the heck the new Nudge feature is, but it doesn't seem to do anything good that I can tell.

I think I may have to revert back to the older firmware, since that at least seemed to work for me, at least if I wasn't clocking it externally. Honestly this is my worst experience with any eurorack module. Every time I try to use this module in a patch it doesn't work right and it's so damn complicated that I feel like I can't tell if it's operator error or just buggy, it's horrible to use a device this way. HOrrible.
fjoesz
when is the new batch EME comming?
Seems like there are some problems with OS and updating?
not sure if I'm going for it right away then
peabreu
I am still in the previous OS version and never had any sync problems on External sync....quite good with Live using one CV.OCD interface. Perfect in fact.
fjoesz
same her, clocking it with cv.ocd. no problem at all
davidjames
cg_funk wrote:
Has anyone else tried the new firmware/beta for the Eloquencer? I'm calling it a beta, cause it's obviously a beta after installing it and having tons of NEW bugs pop up.

I haven’t updated yet but happy to report back here when I do. Have you posted this on the Winter forum on their site? Seems they are pretty responsive there.
cg_funk
davidjames wrote:
cg_funk wrote:

I haven’t updated yet but happy to report back here when I do. Have you posted this on the Winter forum on their site? Seems they are pretty responsive there.

Ok. I just checked on the winter modular forum on their site.
"Yes we found it, it is already solved. We will release a new firmware revision next week." So there's another beta coming soon... I sure wish they would these it first before releasing.

The previous version of the firmware has a **lot of bugs - here's the patchlist for the latest revision

##V1.2 Firmware bugs patched:
- CV output voltage was changing before the gate raised. [sic. CV output now stable before gate raised]
- 'Quick pattern chain' mode: Short pressing inside the chain was breaking the chain in banks B, C and D.
- Incorrect LED behavior when changing bank while in pattern mode
- Duplicate pattern, copy/paste pattern and copy/paste track were not copying the division and repetition amount correctly.
- Encoder direction in track shift mode was incorrect.
- While in 'Step Mode > random' some of the gates were not correctly triggered.
- CV IN 1 and 2 couldn't be simultaneously assigned to CV add or CV Q
- CV IN 1 and 2 couldn't be simultaneously assigned to track shift
- In some cases the CV value was changed at the end of a tie.
- Ties were not being extended correctly in “song mode” or “quick pattern chain mode”
- CV variation probability wasn't working in 'Step mode > rep/x'
- Pattern chains weren’t starting at the first pattern when the ‘master track’ was set to anything different than 'int'
- Pressing stop outside the pattern mode while 'quick pattern chain' was active, caused the LED step buttons to show the pattern information.
- Ratcheting in the first step was getting stacked when the Eloquencer clock was set to external (Tempo:EXT) and the master clock was stopped

Edited: To chill my pissy language down a bit and make the patchlist less ambiguous.
atrostor
It's pretty standard in software development to release a list of bugs that are fixed when an update is released. Most of the applications you use right now likely have some amount of bugs that is not explicitly disclosed to you until you receive a software update. It's a matter of whether those bugs affect the application's day-to-day operation enough that it's unusable to you. This was never the case for me with the Eloquencer but looking at your recent posts in this thread, you seem pretty heated about this so maybe you should just sell it and get it over with.
cg_funk
atrostor wrote:
It's pretty standard in software development to release a list of bugs that are fixed when an update is released. Most of the applications you use right now likely have some amount of bugs that is not explicitly disclosed to you until you receive a software update. It's a matter of whether those bugs affect the application's day-to-day operation enough that it's unusable to you. This was never the case for me with the Eloquencer but looking at your recent posts in this thread, you seem pretty heated about this so maybe you should just sell it and get it over with.

Yeah, but these bugs: CV output changing before the Gate. and CV cannot be changed while sequencer is running. Those are kinda serious problems... I'm not complaining about some minor little details here.

Also, having paid $600 for a module in it's 5th hardware revision, I expect most of the problems to be sorted out, and not to find totally new bugs appearing in each release.

I also expect the developers to test the release before they release it. It only took me 30 minutes with the latest firmware to run into the new problem with the CV outputs.
atrostor
I totally hear you and if those bugs affected my use as much as it did yours, I would have gotten rid of the module by now. With one-person companies like the Eloquencer, it's easy for the developer to get blindsided and break something while fixing another. They probably could have done more extensive beta-testing but it seems like the anticipation towards the MIDI module forced them to rush the release of the corresponding firmware. Luckily, I hadn't been planning on getting the MIDI module and the previous firmware has been working well enough for me so I have the liberty to sit out the first release of the new firmware.
cg_funk
atrostor wrote:
I totally hear you and if those bugs affected my use as much as it did yours, I would have gotten rid of the module by now. With one-person companies like the Eloquencer, it's easy for the developer to get blindsided and break something while fixing another. They probably could have done more extensive beta-testing but it seems like the anticipation towards the MIDI module forced them to rush the release of the corresponding firmware. Luckily, I hadn't been planning on getting the MIDI module and the previous firmware has been working well enough for me so I have the liberty to sit out the first release of the new firmware.

Exactly! Good point. OK OK. Maybe I can cut him a break for that... But I'd personally rather have no update at all than a rushed mess. Please take the time to get it right. I would be totally happy if this sequencer would just do the basic stuff right.

Yeah this latest update just really pissed me off, mainly because it really got my hopes up and then disappointed. I'm just venting a bit.

I only need to hold out another week for the new patch that'll supposedly fix this. This is fun!

I also cannot bring myself to sell modules, no matter how much they frustrate me at the moment.. I dunno. Somehow I will have to adapt. Eloquencer we are here for the long run. It's gonna be a long love-hate journey for us. ha ha ha
Multi Grooves
Has anyone tried v1.3.2?
Azarius
I've installed v.1.3.2 today since I got in the EME. I haven't done a lot of testing, but so far it seems to be pretty good! Timing is tight when clocked externally from Pamela's New Workout. It looks like the CV output is changing in time with the gates (below is a pic where the top channel is a gate from an Eloquencer track and the channel below is the pitch changing).

As far as adjusting CV while a sequence is running, it also seems good to me. I did a super quick video where I adjust the CV of a note and also add a tie to a gate while the sequence is running.

http://youtu.be/ZC3JDO5r9rk

Overall it feels like it's a pretty good update that seems to squash the previous bugs. YMMV but I'm very happy so far. Thanks Winter Modular! cool
cg_funk
Azarius wrote:
I've installed v.1.3.2 today since I got in the EME. I haven't done a lot of testing, but so far it seems to be pretty good! Timing is tight when clocked externally from Pamela's New Workout. It looks like the CV output is changing in time with the gates (below is a pic where the top channel is a gate from an Eloquencer track and the channel below is the pitch changing).

As far as adjusting CV while a sequence is running, it also seems good to me. I did a super quick video where I adjust the CV of a note and also add a tie to a gate while the sequence is running.

http://youtu.be/ZC3JDO5r9rk

Overall it feels like it's a pretty good update that seems to squash the previous bugs. YMMV but I'm very happy so far. Thanks Winter Modular! cool

Cool! This is quite helpful. Thanks for posting this!!

Yeah- Apparently the problems arise specifically if you play at low BPM. According to the other forum, at 60bpm or slower. I happened to be using something like 61BPM when the wheel would freeze up.

The newest version indeed fixes the lag between CV and gate. First thing I checked :-)

Regarding clocking, I found there was a significant lag between the incoming clock pulse and when the Eloquencer outputs a gate. It would be even more helpful if you could also show the trace of Pam's Clock too.

I'm also clocking mine with Noise Engineering's Horus Solumn, which sends a square wave rather than trigger pulses. The Eloquencer seems to clock when the signal goes from high to low, rather than low to high.. and I'm not sure if this is normal or what.
jwise
Where are you guys finding V1.3.2?
mopoco
https://github.com/enoughframes/ELOQUENCER___UPDATER
fjoesz
my EME is comming and I can't wait to use it. and to get some menu options to the surface. now the me is here I think there's to time to make the elo even better than it allready was. maybe someday we'll have glide. that would be bonkers
going to midi the hell out of it and record some melodies on my external keys
getting auto ties is big for me as well

Rockin' Banana!
davidjames
cg_funk wrote:

Regarding clocking, I found there was a significant lag between the incoming clock pulse and when the Eloquencer outputs a gate. It would be even more helpful if you could also show the trace of Pam's Clock too.

I'm also clocking mine with Noise Engineering's Horus Solumn, which sends a square wave rather than trigger pulses. The Eloquencer seems to clock when the signal goes from high to low, rather than low to high.. and I'm not sure if this is normal or what.

If it is true that Elo clocks on the downslope, then sending a square wave will make everything out of time. You'll want as short a trigger as possible to minimize delay. I bet in the case of Pam's, the gate length is set very low (1% perhaps) which will probably do a good job of keeping Elo in time with other rhythmic elements in the patch. I'd also be concerned with how the Elo resets when using an external reset pulse, as things can go awry because of that as well.

Cooincidentally there is another recent thread on the TINRS Tuesday clocking which does advance on the downslope. This may be of some help.
https://www.muffwiggler.com/forum/viewtopic.php?p=3069939#3069939
c0rpse
Can anyone explain to me why the CV changing before the gates is a bug? How long before the gate are we talking?

It would seem ideal to me to send the CV and not send the gate until the CV has reached it's desired voltage. This type of operation is much better than MOST modern digital eurorack sequencers who send the gate a whole millisecond before the CV is done changing.
davidjames
c0rpse wrote:
Can anyone explain to me why the CV changing before the gates is a bug? How long before the gate are we talking?

It would seem ideal to me to send the CV and not send the gate until the CV has reached it's desired voltage. This type of operation is much better than MOST modern digital eurorack sequencers who send the gate a whole millisecond before the CV is done changing.

I think the reference to the bug was the other way around. In the older firmware, the gate fired before the CV was settled. That is fixed in the new version.
MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index -> Eurorack Modules Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 49, 50, 51, 52  Next [all]
Page 50 of 52