MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index
 FAQ & Terms of UseFAQ & Terms Of Use   Wiggler RadioMW Radio   Muff Wiggler TwitterTwitter   Support the site @ PatreonPatreon 
 SearchSearch   RegisterSign up   Log inLog in 
WIGGLING 'LITE' IN GUEST MODE

Winter Modular Eloquencer Sequencer
MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index -> Eurorack Modules Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 50, 51, 52 [all]
Author Winter Modular Eloquencer Sequencer
Jumbuktu
nano_granny wrote:
Jumbuktu wrote:
Jumbuktu wrote:
I couldn't see any earlier post on this topic, so here goes:

I just picked up a second hand Elo for a reasonable price. I upgraded the firmware to 1.3.5 and it all seems to work fine ... except internal clock. I get a kind of very fast slew on the CV outputs that makes the results unusable. Fortunately this doesn't happen if I use an external clock. Anyone else had this experience?

... bump. Surely someone can say whether this happens to them or not?

As above, have you tried updating to the latest firmware [1.3.8] and re-checked?

Just to confirm... I have updated and all seems to be well. Thanks for the pointer. I had updated to 1.35 but it needed to be 1.38.
nano_granny
Jumbuktu wrote:
nano_granny wrote:
Jumbuktu wrote:
Jumbuktu wrote:
I couldn't see any earlier post on this topic, so here goes:

I just picked up a second hand Elo for a reasonable price. I upgraded the firmware to 1.3.5 and it all seems to work fine ... except internal clock. I get a kind of very fast slew on the CV outputs that makes the results unusable. Fortunately this doesn't happen if I use an external clock. Anyone else had this experience?

... bump. Surely someone can say whether this happens to them or not?

As above, have you tried updating to the latest firmware [1.3.8] and re-checked?

Just to confirm... I have updated and all seems to be well. Thanks for the pointer. I had updated to 1.35 but it needed to be 1.38.

Ah no worries, glad it's now, finally, working as it should be. I now need to update mine now it seems to be more stable.
somastream
Just installed a black EME expander last night, haven't had time to play with it yet though. However, I noticed that there's 2 expansion slots... I just want to throw this out there, a CV expander would be amazing! Something like the wmd Voltera, but with 8 outputs maybe? Anyway, I absolutely love this sequencer. Rockin' Banana!
Tomorrow Sounds Good
Is there anyway to make the random more musical ? Hardly ever seem to get usable results
atimbral
Tomorrow Sounds Good wrote:
Is there anyway to make the random more musical ? Hardly ever seem to get usable results

I guess that depends on your definition of “musical”. For me the Eloquencer is hands down the best sequencer for fast, easy, and really controllable random stuff, whether you use it for pitch, rhythms, articulation, timbre control, or whatever. The only downside is the lack of unquantized voltages, but I don’t find that to be a limitation very often.

Maybe you could be more specific about what you’re doing and why you find it unsatisfactory?
Tomorrow Sounds Good
atimbral wrote:

I guess that depends on your definition of “musical”. For me the Eloquencer is hands down the best sequencer for fast, easy, and really controllable random stuff, whether you use it for pitch, rhythms, articulation, timbre control, or whatever. The only downside is the lack of unquantized voltages, but I don’t find that to be a limitation very often.

Maybe you could be more specific about what you’re doing and why you find it unsatisfactory?

When I press random with only cv parameter selected I just want note data changing but it seems to change playback direction and other stuff?
dhoinjo
atimbral wrote:

When I press random with only cv parameter selected I just want note data changing but it seems to change playback direction and other stuff?

if only cv is selected, then only cv should change. All lights count. Also the lights on the bottom rows. Deselect those as well.
Tomorrow Sounds Good
dhoinjo wrote:
atimbral wrote:

if only cv is selected, then only cv should change. All lights count. Also the lights on the bottom rows. Deselect those as well.

Thanks that’s brilliant . Needed to deselect step mode etc SlayerBadger! thumbs up
Mr. Roboto
I cannot unmute channel 3&4. What‘s wrong with this thing?
Unbelivable, I can‘t use it anymore due to not unmutable channels anymore!
Mr. Roboto
Pasting a track does not immediately show the results.
Only after prssing Play the screen changes.

Jeeze...
dhoinjo
Mr. Roboto wrote:
I cannot unmute channel 3&4. What‘s wrong with this thing?
Unbelivable, I can‘t use it anymore due to not unmutable channels anymore!

have you contacted support? They are really quick to respond usually.
somastream
Has anyone had any success clocking PNW with the Eloquencer? I recently got the EME and am clocking the Elo via MIDI in, so I want to use it as the master clock.

However, it seems like PNW really doesn't like the ELO Clock Out. The first beat on run/reset is always a double, but then stabilizes after (I've tried PPQ4, PPQ8, etc, the result is always the same). Interestingly, when I set the 'aux' out to start-HIGH stop-LOW (with the PNW looking for a run signal) I get BPM wavering in addition to a double trigger on the first beat. But when I use trigger out on Aux, the BPM in PNW doesn't waver, but it still glitches out on the first beat.

In other words, no combination of settings that I've tried have resulted in a stable clocking of PNW, so I've had to resort to clock/reset from the es-8 again.

Thanks
dhoinjo
Pnw doesn't handle slaving flawlessly in my experience...
somastream
dhoinjo wrote:

The thing is, it does slave nicely to Live's CV tools (or Silent Way, for that matter), when using 24 PPQN and Gate out to transport. I was just running into some latency issues related to the es-8. So the EME was kind of an expensive way of finding out if I could clock my system more reliably via MIDI, and bypass the es-8 altogether.
dhoinjo
Maybe sacrifice a track to clock the pnw? Does that work better?
somastream
dhoinjo wrote:
Maybe sacrifice a track to clock the pnw? Does that work better?

Interesting idea, I think I might just keep clocking PNW straight from Live. I managed to sort out my sync issue, it seemed that using External Instruments was causing sync delays.

But I would prefer to slave PNW with the Elo, I'll check it out again whenever there's a new update.

Thanks again
atte
dhoinjo wrote:

I slave my pnw all the time, no problems. Not from Elo though...
Tomorrow Sounds Good
Im really starting to love this sequencer . It’s so quick to get tracks flowing .

Are there any Eloquencer users with any tips or tricks that aren’t in the manual or videos ?

Cheers thumbs up
guigui
somastream wrote:
Just installed a black EME expander last night, haven't had time to play with it yet though. However, I noticed that there's 2 expansion slots... I just want to throw this out there, a CV expander would be amazing! Something like the wmd Voltera, but with 8 outputs maybe? Anyway, I absolutely love this sequencer. Rockin' Banana!

Outputs expander would be very nice.

I felt that nobody picked up what you've thrown, so I did it and re-threw it just because.
Jaypee
I have a question regarding LFO's :

Can I reset them independently?

I had an Eloquencer before Lfo's was implemented, I had an Octocontroller, my biggest regret was not having independent resets....I hope Eloquencer can do it smile
Jaypee
double post, sorry
Multi Grooves
jwise wrote:
Why isn't anybody talking about the upgrade to 1.3.8?

https://github.com/enoughframes/ELOQUENCER___UPDATER

::cough:: anyone?
Multi Grooves
Double post
Multi Grooves
Just in case owners of the EME have missed it there's a whole series of videos detailing the EME's capabilities.

1/8: https://youtu.be/3TxiRk-IrSY
MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index -> Eurorack Modules Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 50, 51, 52 [all]
Page 52 of 52