Winter Modular Eloquencer Sequencer

Cwejman, Livewire, TipTop Audio, Doepfer etc... Get your euro on!

Moderators: Joe., luketeaford, lisa, Kent

atimbral
Common Wiggler

Post by atimbral » Sat Sep 28, 2019 1:12 am

Tomorrow Sounds Good wrote:Is there anyway to make the random more musical ? Hardly ever seem to get usable results
I guess that depends on your definition of “musical”. For me the Eloquencer is hands down the best sequencer for fast, easy, and really controllable random stuff, whether you use it for pitch, rhythms, articulation, timbre control, or whatever. The only downside is the lack of unquantized voltages, but I don’t find that to be a limitation very often.

Maybe you could be more specific about what you’re doing and why you find it unsatisfactory?

Tomorrow Sounds Good
Common Wiggler

Post by Tomorrow Sounds Good » Sat Sep 28, 2019 6:47 am

atimbral wrote:
Tomorrow Sounds Good wrote:Is there anyway to make the random more musical ? Hardly ever seem to get usable results
I guess that depends on your definition of “musical”. For me the Eloquencer is hands down the best sequencer for fast, easy, and really controllable random stuff, whether you use it for pitch, rhythms, articulation, timbre control, or whatever. The only downside is the lack of unquantized voltages, but I don’t find that to be a limitation very often.

Maybe you could be more specific about what you’re doing and why you find it unsatisfactory?
When I press random with only cv parameter selected I just want note data changing but it seems to change playback direction and other stuff?

dhoinjo
Wiggling with Experience

Post by dhoinjo » Sat Sep 28, 2019 6:55 am

Tomorrow Sounds Good wrote:
atimbral wrote:

When I press random with only cv parameter selected I just want note data changing but it seems to change playback direction and other stuff?
if only cv is selected, then only cv should change. All lights count. Also the lights on the bottom rows. Deselect those as well.

Tomorrow Sounds Good
Common Wiggler

Post by Tomorrow Sounds Good » Sat Sep 28, 2019 6:00 pm

dhoinjo wrote:
Tomorrow Sounds Good wrote:
atimbral wrote:

if only cv is selected, then only cv should change. All lights count. Also the lights on the bottom rows. Deselect those as well.
Thanks that’s brilliant . Needed to deselect step mode etc :sb: :tu:

Mr. Roboto
Common Wiggler

Post by Mr. Roboto » Sat Sep 28, 2019 7:24 pm

I cannot unmute channel 3&4. What‘s wrong with this thing?
Unbelivable, I can‘t use it anymore due to not unmutable channels anymore!
Der Sägezahn, der Sägezahn, der hat's mir angetan.

Less talk, more action!

Mr. Roboto
Common Wiggler

Post by Mr. Roboto » Sat Sep 28, 2019 7:31 pm

Pasting a track does not immediately show the results.
Only after prssing Play the screen changes.

Jeeze...
Der Sägezahn, der Sägezahn, der hat's mir angetan.

Less talk, more action!

dhoinjo
Wiggling with Experience

Post by dhoinjo » Sun Sep 29, 2019 1:22 am

Mr. Roboto wrote:I cannot unmute channel 3&4. What‘s wrong with this thing?
Unbelivable, I can‘t use it anymore due to not unmutable channels anymore!
have you contacted support? They are really quick to respond usually.

somastream
Learning to Wiggle

Clock Out

Post by somastream » Wed Oct 02, 2019 10:33 am

Has anyone had any success clocking PNW with the Eloquencer? I recently got the EME and am clocking the Elo via MIDI in, so I want to use it as the master clock.

However, it seems like PNW really doesn't like the ELO Clock Out. The first beat on run/reset is always a double, but then stabilizes after (I've tried PPQ4, PPQ8, etc, the result is always the same). Interestingly, when I set the 'aux' out to start-HIGH stop-LOW (with the PNW looking for a run signal) I get BPM wavering in addition to a double trigger on the first beat. But when I use trigger out on Aux, the BPM in PNW doesn't waver, but it still glitches out on the first beat.

In other words, no combination of settings that I've tried have resulted in a stable clocking of PNW, so I've had to resort to clock/reset from the es-8 again.

Thanks
Last edited by somastream on Wed Oct 02, 2019 11:30 am, edited 1 time in total.

dhoinjo
Wiggling with Experience

Post by dhoinjo » Wed Oct 02, 2019 11:03 am

Pnw doesn't handle slaving flawlessly in my experience...

somastream
Learning to Wiggle

Post by somastream » Wed Oct 02, 2019 11:32 am

dhoinjo wrote:Pnw doesn't handle slaving flawlessly in my experience...
The thing is, it does slave nicely to Live's CV tools (or Silent Way, for that matter), when using 24 PPQN and Gate out to transport. I was just running into some latency issues related to the es-8. So the EME was kind of an expensive way of finding out if I could clock my system more reliably via MIDI, and bypass the es-8 altogether.

dhoinjo
Wiggling with Experience

Post by dhoinjo » Wed Oct 02, 2019 11:35 am

Maybe sacrifice a track to clock the pnw? Does that work better?

somastream
Learning to Wiggle

Post by somastream » Thu Oct 03, 2019 9:06 am

dhoinjo wrote:Maybe sacrifice a track to clock the pnw? Does that work better?
Interesting idea, I think I might just keep clocking PNW straight from Live. I managed to sort out my sync issue, it seemed that using External Instruments was causing sync delays.

But I would prefer to slave PNW with the Elo, I'll check it out again whenever there's a new update.

Thanks again

a773
Super Deluxe Wiggler

Post by a773 » Thu Oct 03, 2019 12:19 pm

dhoinjo wrote:Pnw doesn't handle slaving flawlessly in my experience...
I slave my pnw all the time, no problems. Not from Elo though...

Tomorrow Sounds Good
Common Wiggler

Post by Tomorrow Sounds Good » Fri Oct 25, 2019 5:42 am

Im really starting to love this sequencer . It’s so quick to get tracks flowing .

Are there any Eloquencer users with any tips or tricks that aren’t in the manual or videos ?

Cheers :tu:

guigui
Wiggling with Experience

Post by guigui » Sun Oct 27, 2019 8:43 pm

somastream wrote:Just installed a black EME expander last night, haven't had time to play with it yet though. However, I noticed that there's 2 expansion slots... I just want to throw this out there, a CV expander would be amazing! Something like the wmd Voltera, but with 8 outputs maybe? Anyway, I absolutely love this sequencer. :bananaguitar:
Outputs expander would be very nice.

I felt that nobody picked up what you've thrown, so I did it and re-threw it just because.

Jaypee
Super Deluxe Wiggler

Post by Jaypee » Mon Oct 28, 2019 2:21 am

I have a question regarding LFO's :

Can I reset them independently?

I had an Eloquencer before Lfo's was implemented, I had an Octocontroller, my biggest regret was not having independent resets....I hope Eloquencer can do it :)
Last edited by Jaypee on Mon Oct 28, 2019 2:22 am, edited 1 time in total.
"Those aren't your daddy's waveforms " Cynthia Webster

Jaypee
Super Deluxe Wiggler

Post by Jaypee » Mon Oct 28, 2019 2:22 am

double post, sorry
"Those aren't your daddy's waveforms " Cynthia Webster

Multi Grooves
Super Deluxe Wiggler

Post by Multi Grooves » Tue Oct 29, 2019 5:29 am

jwise wrote:Why isn't anybody talking about the upgrade to 1.3.8?

https://github.com/enoughframes/ELOQUENCER___UPDATER
::cough:: anyone?
...but Cynthia, my Daddy never had a heath kit..

Multi Grooves
Super Deluxe Wiggler

Post by Multi Grooves » Fri Nov 08, 2019 5:47 am

Double post
Last edited by Multi Grooves on Fri Nov 08, 2019 5:48 am, edited 1 time in total.

Multi Grooves
Super Deluxe Wiggler

Post by Multi Grooves » Fri Nov 08, 2019 5:47 am

Just in case owners of the EME have missed it there's a whole series of videos detailing the EME's capabilities.

1/8: https://youtu.be/3TxiRk-IrSY

benrecords
Learning to Wiggle

Post by benrecords » Sun Nov 24, 2019 7:43 am

guigui wrote:
somastream wrote:Just installed a black EME expander last night, haven't had time to play with it yet though. However, I noticed that there's 2 expansion slots... I just want to throw this out there, a CV expander would be amazing! Something like the wmd Voltera, but with 8 outputs maybe? Anyway, I absolutely love this sequencer. :bananaguitar:
Outputs expander would be very nice.

I felt that nobody picked up what you've thrown, so I did it and re-threw it just because.
I'd like to put a shout in for a CV expander too. Just popped onto MW to see if there was any recent chat about one coming...

Love this sequencer as it is but an extra CV out per channel would be a real bonus

scott.lepore
Learning to Wiggle

Copying patterns from one project to another

Post by scott.lepore » Wed Dec 18, 2019 9:06 am

Just starting with the Eloquencer. I've saved a few Projects each containing a single Pattern. I'd now like to copy these Patterns into single Project. Can anyone explain how I got about this?

Thanks!

Tonefloat01
Wiggling with Experience

Post by Tonefloat01 » Wed Dec 18, 2019 6:15 pm

Multi Grooves wrote:
jwise wrote:Why isn't anybody talking about the upgrade to 1.3.8?

https://github.com/enoughframes/ELOQUENCER___UPDATER
::cough:: anyone?
Just updated my Eloquencer to v 1.3.8 today actually. :sb:
Seems to be working as normal to me but will be doing a deeper session with it over the weekend. I do not have the EME expansion but am now seriously considering it after watching the demo videos that WM posted for it.
The space you occupy determines the time that you live in.

Tomorrow Sounds Good
Common Wiggler

Re: Copying patterns from one project to another

Post by Tomorrow Sounds Good » Thu Dec 19, 2019 1:06 am

scott.lepore wrote:Just starting with the Eloquencer. I've saved a few Projects each containing a single Pattern. I'd now like to copy these Patterns into single Project. Can anyone explain how I got about this?

Thanks!
Press function button and pattern button simultaneously and it suggests where to save or load .

pyrolator
Learning to Wiggle

Post by pyrolator » Thu Dec 19, 2019 6:18 am

Tonefloat01 wrote: I do not have the EME expansion but am now seriously considering it after watching the demo videos that WM posted for it.
I already had a Midi Fighter Twister, so i ordered an EME, and I do not regret it - the workflow is so much faster, i cannot remember how it was without it--- :lol:
In the moment I am just using the "Superbooth Mappings" (winter-modular.com/community/eme/midi-fighter-twister-mapping/) and this is more I ever wanted.

Return to “Eurorack Modules”