MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index
 FAQ & Terms of UseFAQ & Terms Of Use   Wiggler RadioMW Radio   Muff Wiggler TwitterTwitter   Support the site @ PatreonPatreon 
 SearchSearch   RegisterSign up   Log inLog in 
WIGGLING 'LITE' IN GUEST MODE

Winter Modular Eloquencer Sequencer
MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index -> Eurorack Modules Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, ... 50, 51, 52  Next [all]
Author Winter Modular Eloquencer Sequencer
enoughframes
mooneh wrote:
Can you change for example the CV and Gate length with the knobs on the bottom or are they just buttons? How long can a steps Gate length be?

The bottom 16 elements are buttons with bicolor led inside. To change a value you have to press the step and turn the encoder. In the small oled screen you can see the 16 step values for the desired parameter.
The gate lengths are 1/16 1/32 1/64 and 1/128.
enoughframes
Timmy wrote:

Are any details of the technical specifications available? That looks like a massive MPU in the video, half hidden behind the OLED. Is that a 168 or 216 pin package? Could it be an STM32F7?? Also curious about the DAC used in the design.

Atmel ATSAM3X8E cortexM3 (the one Arduino DUE uses) with 144 pins
Embeded 12 bits DAC
franman69
I am so on top of this.. I also have a "Sequencer Problem"... but I'm hoping one like Eloquencer might "cure" me at least for a little white.... when, when, when???
enoughframes
franman69 wrote:
I am so on top of this.. I also have a "Sequencer Problem"... but I'm hoping one like Eloquencer might "cure" me at least for a little white.... when, when, when???


The official presentation will be during Superbooth, we are doing our best to release it during those days.
franman69
enoughframes wrote:
franman69 wrote:
I am so on top of this.. I also have a "Sequencer Problem"... but I'm hoping one like Eloquencer might "cure" me at least for a little white.... when, when, when???


The official presentation will be during Superbooth, we are doing our best to release it during those days.


That's April, right? I guess I will make it till then! Do you have a dealer network in place or will you be selling directly? Please put me on a list if you have one, for pre-orders and orders.. fmanzella@fmdesign.com
Daisuk
Will a saved preset/pattern be able to remember a muted channel? So that say I can have four sequences going on pattern 1, mute one of the sequences/channels, and save this to pattern 2? smile

Also, is there a way you can have the Eloquencer send a gate out whenever a pattern change is taking place? I'm thinking about syncing song mode/pattern changes to other events happening in the system. It would be sweet if the Eloquencer could somehow clock the Malekko Voltage Block, for instance. smile
enoughframes
Daisuk wrote:
Will a saved preset/pattern be able to remember a muted channel? So that say I can have four sequences going on pattern 1, mute one of the sequences/channels, and save this to pattern 2? smile

Parameters like MUTE are more intended as performative tool. So it won't be associated to a pattern or project.
But there are many edition possibilities to get the functionality you are asking for.
In edition mode (copy / paste / clear) there are many possibilities to do partial editions, find below some examples:
- You can copy a track/channel or a group of tracks to another pattern.
- You can copy specific parameters of a track/channel. For example: copy just Gates and CVs from track 1 in pattern A1 >to> track 2 in pattern A2, keeping the other parameters in A2 as they were.
- Copy an entire pattern to another pattern but just for Ratcheting parameters.
- Clear/Delete only the CV parameters of the entire pattern, keeping all other parameters
- Clear certain parameters of an specific track in pattern.
...

pressing the green buttons (CV,Gate,Gate legth and ratcheting) you decide which parameters are you going to copy.

Daisuk wrote:
Also, is there a way you can have the Eloquencer send a gate out whenever a pattern change is taking place? I'm thinking about syncing song mode/pattern changes to other events happening in the system. It would be sweet if the Eloquencer could somehow clock the Malekko Voltage Block, for instance. smile

Some of the possibilities are:

You can configure the AUX output to send a EOC trigger any time you :
- Do a pattern change
- Reach the end of the master track
- Reach the end of an specific track

You can configure the clock output to a division that suits your needs.

Does it help ??

Eloi
enoughframes
franman69 wrote:

That's April, right? I guess I will make it till then! Do you have a dealer network in place or will you be selling directly? Please put me on a list if you have one, for pre-orders and orders.. fmanzella@fmdesign.com


It will probably be sold through both methods, direct and delaer.
We will open a pre-order list soon, anyway you are on it wink

Eloi
Daisuk
Sweet! Thanks a lot for the info. What does "clear all cv parameters for that track" mean though? Does it clear gates as well? If so, that's pretty much what I'm after. smile

Can't wait for this. Good luck with the finishing process, looking much forward to more videos and info. smile
enoughframes
Daisuk wrote:
Sweet! Thanks a lot for the info. What does "clear all cv parameters for that track" mean though? Does it clear gates as well? If so, that's pretty much what I'm after. smile

Can't wait for this. Good luck with the finishing process, looking much forward to more videos and info. smile


Let's say you have started to edit track-1 of a pattern. The gates are just where you want, you also like the gate lengths, but you don't like the melody that CV values are given, so you only want to delete the CV. So you press "clear" button the upper modes go green, and you press GATE / GATE LENGTH / RATCHETING so you leave only the CV button lit up. Then , when you release the clear button, you will only delete the CV values.

If you want to delete all the track/channel in that pattern you just press and release the clear button.

If you want to the delete the whole pattern you go to pattern mode and press and release the clear button.
Daisuk
enoughframes wrote:
Daisuk wrote:
Sweet! Thanks a lot for the info. What does "clear all cv parameters for that track" mean though? Does it clear gates as well? If so, that's pretty much what I'm after. smile

Can't wait for this. Good luck with the finishing process, looking much forward to more videos and info. smile


Let's say you have started to edit track-1 of a pattern. The gates are just where you want, you also like the gate lengths, but you don't like the melody that CV values are given, so you only want to delete the CV. So you press "clear" button the upper modes go green, and you press GATE / GATE LENGTH / RATCHETING so you leave only the CV button lit up. Then , when you release the clear button, you will only delete the CV values.

If you want to delete all the track/channel in that pattern you just press and release the clear button.

If you want to the delete the whole pattern you go to pattern mode and press and release the clear button.


Sounds great. Thanks a lot for the info! thumbs up
wanne
i need this as well MY ASS IS BLEEDING
how much will it be and what about preorders for europe ??
are you from barca ???
atte
I honestly can't get the eloquencer out of my head, I might get this over ER-101/102 combo hmmm.....

Another question:
Will it be possible to switch patterns through CV? So (example) 0V=pattern 1, 0.1V=pattern 2, 0.2V=pattern 3 etc. meaning sending it 0.1V at some point will switch to pattern 2 when 1) the current pattern is done, 2) immediately or 3)both.

Might be useful when integrating with other sequencers, so I don't have to change pattern in each sequencer to improvise my way through a structure.
radiokoala
Hi, first off congrats on designing such a well thought-out and feature rich module w00t ! I really think it offers something that's not been done before neither in such a small package (like, hold on for a minute; eight sequencer tracks!!) nor probably in any form, software or hardware, if you take into account everything that's under the hood: e.g clock dividers, probability, ratcheting.

So, again, I really want compliment you on such an impressive engineering and user interface achievement, and if you are open to some more suggestions, here are some I want to share. I'll be speaking mainly from a live performer's perspective, and (if that means something) I normally don't do that: most designs/prototypes shared here look quite solid and, again, well thought-out, so there is not much that I can add. However, in your case the concept behind the module and actual execution are so brilliant that I see potential for this to become a key element of a live performance oriented system and as one who deals with this kind of things on stage, here's some input I can provide on what features I'd like to see present in a sequencer for easy and convenient operation in context of playing live.

1. First thing that I wanted to suggest was a real-time recording of notes, and on quick inspection I found this line specifically mentioning ♦ Quantized Live recording (Cvs and Gates) — which, needless to say, I find just a w e s o m e! Looking at the panel I assume it works volca/electribe recording style: you press rec, then quickly play a line on sixteen buttons at the bottom like a mini keyboard, and the machine loops the phrase exactly as you played it (only quantized to the clock, and with respect to rests). By looking at the panel with orange keys outlined I think it's exactly how it works, but if the layout is still subject to change, what would you say if I suggested to move a keyboard two buttons to the right, and repurpose leftmost ones to octave up / down function? This way, you could play parts that span more notes, or — alternately, — if encoder can switch octaves, I'm equally fine with this too. Works well for me in volca, pretty smart.

2. A lot of KORG gear is using this nifty feature called "Active Step", where you remove steps from sequence, and it starts looping around those (8 / 7 / arbitrary number) that you leave. Any chance of seeing it implemented here? From my experience, performance-wise it's an interesting one to play around, and while I see you mentioning different pattern lengths per track, there's more than a single way of going about it: most sequencers handle it just by shortening a sequence by n steps, whereas in KORG case, you can deactivate any arbitrary steps: e.g 3, 4, 7 and likewise. I'd really like to see this possibility here as well. cool

3. After playing a lot with KORG SQ-1, one of the most liked things about it for me is easy & quick voltage range adjustments: 1V/2V/5V/8V etc. This is really cool to have, and the way it operates I can in one touch transform my bassline to melody in one track or two, and vice versa. The way it is achieved there is holding the Function button, and then 16 rubber buttons allow to do this via 8 buttons on the left as well as changing sequence scale from chromatic to minor to major to no quantizing. This has inspired the thought of a special performance mode on Eloquencer which would too repurpose those and give them similarly useful functions. Yet, given that notes aren't set with knobs, but stored in memory, I suggest a little different approach: instead of attenuating the voltage, sequence depending on its note range will fall into the nearest suitable slot, and a led button will indicate that. I.e: the top left 4 buttons will shrink or stretch our sequence to narrower or wider range and we will see which of them it falls into by the notes that it contains. It will also be useful visual indicator of how wide is it in its range: e.g if first led is lit, its octave or less, or two in case of second etc.

As to the other buttons, I suggest they affect various other important parameters, but also in a relative way so that you could quick get back to where you were a second ago with a touch. For example, the bottom four buttons could change gate length: if in a sequence you programmed they all are more or less short, it'll automatically fall into the first slot, and buttons to the right will increase the duration in 10-25% increments with respect to the length of each that is already contained in a pattern. If it's long, the button 4 will be lit then and ones on the left will chop/truncate the seq — you get the idea.

The last eight buttons is where it gets interesting, here I came up with something I've not seen anywhere before: this will change the gate length of only odd or even steps from original to say, 25-50-75%. I think this can be a nice way to alter the pattern with respect to its rhythmic content: shorter hits on downbeat etc. But! That is not everything, and as we stil have four more buttons, they will switch between four settings: a) gate length change only affects odd steps; b) gate length change only affects even steps; c) & d) gate length only affects each second step among the active ones (gate on).

_

This is pretty much it, hope some of this will be considered for a possible addition. Really looking forward to the finished module.

Kudos! Dancing Star
atte
radiokoala wrote:
on quick inspection I found this line specifically mentioning ♦ Quantized Live recording (Cvs and Gates) — which, needless to say, I find just a w e s o m e! Looking at the panel I assume it works volca/electribe recording style: you press rec, then quickly play a line on sixteen buttons at the bottom like a mini keyboard, and the machine loops the phrase exactly as you played it (only quantized to the clock, and with respect to rests).


I was under the impression that quantized recording would mean entering notes in real time by playing a QuNexus or connecting the output of you turing machine or rene and grabbing and storing the "melodies" this way. But I might be totally wrong...
wanne
any signs of life from enoughframes ?
i really want to preorder but cant find an email oder something ...
no answer from pm since about 10 days as well
seriously, i just don't get it
miguel_eedl
wanne wrote:
any signs of life from enoughframes ?
i really want to preorder but cant find an email oder something ...
no answer from pm since about 10 days as well
seriously, i just don't get it


You can leave a message on https://www.facebook.com/wintermodular/
he's very responsive
enoughframes
wanne wrote:
any signs of life from enoughframes ?
i really want to preorder but cant find an email oder something ...
no answer from pm since about 10 days as well
seriously, i just don't get it


Sorry guys ! We have been working more than recommended to prepare the beta units.
By now I recommend facebook page as the fastest method to contact us, by now I only check muffw once a week, not in the future !!! smile)
enoughframes
atte wrote:
radiokoala wrote:
on quick inspection I found this line specifically mentioning ♦ Quantized Live recording (Cvs and Gates) — which, needless to say, I find just a w e s o m e! Looking at the panel I assume it works volca/electribe recording style: you press rec, then quickly play a line on sixteen buttons at the bottom like a mini keyboard, and the machine loops the phrase exactly as you played it (only quantized to the clock, and with respect to rests).


I was under the impression that quantized recording would mean entering notes in real time by playing a QuNexus or connecting the output of you turing machine or rene and grabbing and storing the "melodies" this way. But I might be totally wrong...


Both answers are right.
You have 3 methods of live recording:
1) Gate recording (you can record gates using the 8 track buttons) so you can edit 8 tracks at once. (already working)
2) Keyboard CV recording. You can choose a track and then using the "minikeyboard" as @radiokoala says, you can record CVs (already working)
3) CV IN recording. You can activate the record of one of the two CV imputs, and assign it to the CV values of one track (not yet ready, in the roadmap)
enoughframes
Hi radiokoala ! and many thanks for your words and advice !

radiokoala wrote:

1. First thing that I wanted to suggest was a real-time recording of notes, and on quick inspection I found this line specifically mentioning ♦ Quantized Live recording (Cvs and Gates) — which, needless to say, I find just a w e s o m e! Looking at the panel I assume it works volca/electribe recording style: you press rec, then quickly play a line on sixteen buttons at the bottom like a mini keyboard, and the machine loops the phrase exactly as you played it (only quantized to the clock, and with respect to rests). By looking at the panel with orange keys outlined I think it's exactly how it works, but if the layout is still subject to change, what would you say if I suggested to move a keyboard two buttons to the right, and repurpose leftmost ones to octave up / down function? This way, you could play parts that span more notes, or — alternately, — if encoder can switch octaves, I'm equally fine with this too. Works well for me in volca, pretty smart.

The panels are right now quite fixed :(
The good news is that the octave change works using step 1 and step 8
radiokoala wrote:

2. A lot of KORG gear is using this nifty feature called "Active Step", where you remove steps from sequence, and it starts looping around those (8 / 7 / arbitrary number) that you leave. Any chance of seeing it implemented here? From my experience, performance-wise it's an interesting one to play around, and while I see you mentioning different pattern lengths per track, there's more than a single way of going about it: most sequencers handle it just by shortening a sequence by n steps, whereas in KORG case, you can deactivate any arbitrary steps: e.g 3, 4, 7 and likewise. I'd really like to see this possibility here as well. cool

You can define the start and the end point of a track, using the "TRK LEN" function. it is independent from other tracks.
We will study what you mention of step removing

radiokoala wrote:

3. After playing a lot with KORG SQ-1, one of the most liked things about it for me is easy & quick voltage range adjustments: 1V/2V/5V/8V etc. This is really cool to have, and the way it operates I can in one touch transform my bassline to melody in one track or two, and vice versa. The way it is achieved there is holding the Function button, and then 16 rubber buttons allow to do this via 8 buttons on the left as well as changing sequence scale from chromatic to minor to major to no quantizing. This has inspired the thought of a special performance mode on Eloquencer which would too repurpose those and give them similarly useful functions. Yet, given that notes aren't set with knobs, but stored in memory, I suggest a little different approach: instead of attenuating the voltage, sequence depending on its note range will fall into the nearest suitable slot, and a led button will indicate that. I.e: the top left 4 buttons will shrink or stretch our sequence to narrower or wider range and we will see which of them it falls into by the notes that it contains. It will also be useful visual indicator of how wide is it in its range: e.g if first led is lit, its octave or less, or two in case of second etc.

As to the other buttons, I suggest they affect various other important parameters, but also in a relative way so that you could quick get back to where you were a second ago with a touch. For example, the bottom four buttons could change gate length: if in a sequence you programmed they all are more or less short, it'll automatically fall into the first slot, and buttons to the right will increase the duration in 10-25% increments with respect to the length of each that is already contained in a pattern. If it's long, the button 4 will be lit then and ones on the left will chop/truncate the seq — you get the idea.

The last eight buttons is where it gets interesting, here I came up with something I've not seen anywhere before: this will change the gate length of only odd or even steps from original to say, 25-50-75%. I think this can be a nice way to alter the pattern with respect to its rhythmic content: shorter hits on downbeat etc. But! That is not everything, and as we stil have four more buttons, they will switch between four settings: a) gate length change only affects odd steps; b) gate length change only affects even steps; c) & d) gate length only affects each second step among the active ones (gate on).


whooaa !! It sounds really interesting and perfect for performance, but the same time it makes my mind go deep into the core of the programming code and ... shit... my heartbeat is rising ... Dead Banana
smile I really like that feature but it also implies many things in the code. I put it on the list and we will evaluate in the future.

Many many thanks for this great ideas and nice words !

Eloi
miles_macquarrie
enoughframes wrote:

You have 3 methods of live recording:
1) Gate recording (you can record gates using the 8 track buttons) so you can edit 8 tracks at once. (already working)
2) Keyboard CV recording. You can choose a track and then using the "minikeyboard" as @radiokoala says, you can record CVs (already working)
3) CV IN recording. You can activate the record of one of the two CV imputs, and assign it to the CV values of one track (not yet ready, in the roadmap


Excellent! Excited for this sequencer. Still on Track for April?
D Beau
This seems absolutely ideal, save for the black panel. I hope you make grey panels available as well. Either if not, you've definitely got one more buyer here.
ronni
totaly agree. this is simply a fantastic sequencer!
actually, it seems so great that makes one think it'd be so cool if we could use it to control external gear as well, like midi synths etc. i wish there was a midi out, or at least a usb...
Siete
It just suits my needs so well that I cant wait, the only doubt is if will keep the rene or not, but Ill only know when both are racked grin
Zube
Woah, this looks great! Can't wait to try one in person.
MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index -> Eurorack Modules Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, ... 50, 51, 52  Next [all]
Page 2 of 52
Powered by phpBB © phpBB Group