MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index
 FAQ & Terms of UseFAQ & Terms Of Use   Wiggler RadioMW Radio   Muff Wiggler TwitterTwitter   Support the site @ PatreonPatreon 
 SearchSearch   RegisterSign up   Log inLog in 
WIGGLING 'LITE' IN GUEST MODE

Winter Modular Eloquencer Sequencer
MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index -> Eurorack Modules Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4 ... 50, 51, 52  Next [all]
Author Winter Modular Eloquencer Sequencer
radiokoala
Zube wrote:
Woah, this looks great! Can't wait to try one in person.

Yeah, it does right? Here's a still I captured from an FB video (added some motion blur for sci-fier look w00t)

radiokoala
Now, Eloi, thanks so much for listening to my and others' ideas, and (if you don't mind!), here's some more that I came with as I was thinking about ways to improve on user-machine interaction front. Very cool of you to take note of features I and other people suggest — be it here or on FB, — and is really exciting that you're willing to add more functionality to what already is an impressively capable and brilliant design! And pardon me that every time I come to this thread I write a paragraph worth of praise and compliments, but I really fell in love with it, well, at first sight. love

More performance mode ideas:

1. I really love being able to control the most crucial sound parameters in the most efficient way, so what I wanted to suggest is a possibility of altering those not only with encoder but also buttons. This would vastly increase the degree of control you can have playing live, and allow for sudden transitions impossible with using encoder alone (which goes between states smoothly). The way this would work is simple: if you activate this mode, whatever parameter you edit will also be mapped to 16 buttons, value increasing in order.

Likewise, imagine how great it would be when parameters like gate length, gate probability, shuffle degree etc are mapped like this: transform an even beat into chaos with one click, and back. Or if I suddenly feel the need for a few seconds of a free-jazz like lead line, I can press the last step button when editing cv probability range and instantly go into that territory. Once again, the main advantage of this is ability to switch between various states real quick and make this an element of performance.

In techno buildups toggling between A/B like this would be golden, as tracks often have transitions that just happen every n measures. This is also often tied up to the beginning of a bar, so you only have a few milliseconds to work with and should take action quickly, which is best accomplished with buttons. And a knob/encoder doesn't let you skip the values in between initial & desired, so it will always be crossfade-like effect, presumably not always what you are after.

Another example: I have an empty drum track (snare), and want to drop in a few hits, then go to empty again, then aim for a quick fill in / drum roll — well... three button presses and I'm there! w00t

2. Triplet functionality. I thought that it would really be cool if there was a way of bringing this in, like when you can select whether a particular track is playing regular or triplet notes. Interface-wise I'd possibly implement this as holding Function or other button and then pressing the 8 track buttons, which (in Triplet edit) would light up to indicate the selected mode.

In case Fn+track is already assigned to something in firmware, the hotkey in question can be made to work only upon entering the Triplet menu page.

3. State recall page per pattern. This one is a special macro mode, where you can change between various preset states (parameters selected to your liking). To give an example, I could have it set like this:
button 1 = original pattern settings, b2 = step length 12, all tracks playing triplets, b3 = twice the tempo, step length 8. (And et cetera; as you see, a selection of important global parameters will undergo change).

4. ...That's it! Thanks for bearing with me. razz
atte
Boy, oh boy. Nice suggestions (although hard to wrap my head around all details). This will be a killer sequencer either way! applause
enoughframes
miles_macquarrie wrote:

Excellent! Excited for this sequencer. Still on Track for April?

Many thanks !
We are doing our best to have the product ready to sell just after superbooth. One of the components we are using have a very tight delivery, we are pushing hard the supplier but is not in our hands, with the delivery times we have now we will start sending eloquencers two weeks after SuperBooth.

The official pre-order will be open soon.
Jumbuktu
radiokoala wrote:

2. A lot of KORG gear is using this nifty feature called "Active Step", where you remove steps from sequence, and it starts looping around those (8 / 7 / arbitrary number) that you leave.

I love this feature too. It used to be called 'skipping' steps on the old sequencers, and I think Tangerine Dream used it on Rubycon. I think the Doepfer Dark Time can do it as well. I don't know why more sequencers don't incorporate it.

Note that 'skipping a step' doesn't mean just turning off the trigger/gate output for the step (which many sequencers can do).
radiokoala
Hey, thanks guys, glad you like some of the ideas!

Wanted to clarify one point also, in the former post I said:

Quote:
Another example: I have an empty drum track (snare), and want to drop in a few hits, then go to empty again, then aim for a quick fill in / drum roll — well... three button presses and I'm there! w00t

— forgot to mention the active parameter here, would be gate probability.
enoughframes
radiokoala wrote:
Now, Eloi, thanks so much for listening to my and others' ideas, and (if you don't mind!), here's some more that I came with as I was thinking about ways to improve on user-machine interaction front. Very cool of you to take note of features I and other people suggest — be it here or on FB, — and is really exciting that you're willing to add more functionality to what already is an impressively capable and brilliant design! And pardon me that every time I come to this thread I write a paragraph worth of praise and compliments, but I really fell in love with it, well, at first sight. love

Thanks to you ! Many of the thing you mention can be done somehow. sorry for short answers, many work to do !

radiokoala wrote:

1. I really love being able to control the most crucial sound parameters in the most efficient way, so what I wanted to suggest is a possibility of altering those not only with encoder but also buttons. This would vastly increase the degree of control you can have playing live, and allow for sudden transitions impossible with using encoder alone (which goes between states smoothly). The way this would work is simple: if you activate this mode, whatever parameter you edit will also be mapped to 16 buttons, value increasing in order.

Likewise, imagine how great it would be when parameters like gate length, gate probability, shuffle degree etc are mapped like this: transform an even beat into chaos with one click, and back. Or if I suddenly feel the need for a few seconds of a free-jazz like lead line, I can press the last step button when editing cv probability range and instantly go into that territory. Once again, the main advantage of this is ability to switch between various states real quick and make this an element of performance.

In techno buildups toggling between A/B like this would be golden, as tracks often have transitions that just happen every n measures. This is also often tied up to the beginning of a bar, so you only have a few milliseconds to work with and should take action quickly, which is best accomplished with buttons. And a knob/encoder doesn't let you skip the values in between initial & desired, so it will always be crossfade-like effect, presumably not always what you are after.

There are many ways to do this, for example what I do when I have time to play (10 minutes a week) is to use the lightstrip to create a CV and send it to the eloquencer "CV IN" then I assign this CV to, for example, the GATE PROBABILITY or the GATE LENGTH PRBABILITY, then I move my finger and I bring the chaos !

I can also use the FILL IN function, pressing one or more trakc buttons you will activate all the gates in that track/s while pressing.

You can also assign the CV inputs to three different modes of FILL IN, and activate gates on desired tracks depending on the CV value. same for MUTE

radiokoala wrote:

2. Triplet functionality. I thought that it would really be cool if there was a way of bringing this in, like when you can select whether a particular track is playing regular or triplet notes. Interface-wise I'd possibly implement this as holding Function or other button and then pressing the 8 track buttons, which (in Triplet edit) would light up to indicate the selected mode.

You can assign triplets or doublets (or combinations of those with silences) to specific steps using the ratcheting function, as the other parameters you can assign the "CV in" to the ratcheting type or the ratcheting change probability.
There is also a way to change 16 steps at once

radiokoala wrote:

3. State recall page per pattern. This one is a special macro mode, where you can change between various preset states (parameters selected to your liking). To give an example, I could have it set like this:
button 1 = original pattern settings, b2 = step length 12, all tracks playing triplets, b3 = twice the tempo, step length 8. (And et cetera; as you see, a selection of important global parameters will undergo change).

Your last suggestion is always the more complicated smile Will see, I can't promise anything here.

Thanks again for your suggestions !

Eloi
Acquadar
Hi Eloi, it seems just the Best sequencer out there.
Please, find five minutes and take a look at the fugue machine sequencer app.
Tell me that is possible to do that with the Eloquencer...
enoughframes
Acquadar wrote:
Hi Eloi, it seems just the Best sequencer out there.
Please, find five minutes and take a look at the fugue machine sequencer app.
Tell me that is possible to do that with the Eloquencer...

Jajajaja ! You won't believe it !!! ... My first module attempt, that it was just a prototyping board, was called "bach on speed" and was a 2 voice "fugue bach style" CV generator with some adjustable parameters. In fact that module was the grandfather of eloquencer.

My test unit have burned when have heard the word "Multi-head-play"
Acquadar
I love you. Cant wait to buy your sequencer...
Daisuk
Acquadar wrote:

Just chipping in with a useless reply to echo this. love Mr. Green we're not worthy
jwise
Gonna heap on this gratitude!
Orestis
Looking forward for this beast !! thumbs up
enoughframes
Acquadar wrote:

Maybe you misunderstood me or maybe my joke was shit... when I said "My test unit have burned when have heard the word "Multi-head-play"" I was meaning that at this stage would be very difficult to implement. Anyway I keep the idea ! smile
Thanks !
bitbin
Really looking forward to hearing and seeing more on this.
Hope to see some videos on this soon!
Any idea on price yet?
atte
Price should be "not more than 500 euro + tax"...
Pausenraum
Already loving it! love
nectarios

GAME CHANGER!

And that price...cheaper than the Metro, Rene, Modcan touch, Circadian...wow
*Edit. I thought this was going to be not more than 500€ (I read a comment from Winter Modular), but its 665,50€ so yeah not cheaper than some of the aforementioned sequencers.
Jaypee
fap fap fap... fap fap fap... fap fap fap... fap fap fap... fap fap fap...
wanne
nectarios wrote:

GAME CHANGER!

couldnt resist to preorder but 677€ ,,,, Dead Banana
nectarios
wanne wrote:
nectarios wrote:

GAME CHANGER!

couldnt resist to preorder but 677€ ,,,, Dead Banana

677? The site says 550€?
Scratch that, I just checked and its 550 excluding tax...
Daisuk
Just pre-ordered as well - this thing is going to be ace! w00t Mr. Green Anyone want my Varigate 8? Haha.

It really seems like such a brilliant design. Pretty much everything I've always wanted in a euro sequencer, I have to say. Absolutely brilliant work. Can't effin wait to get this one. smile
atte
Ouch, just pre-ordered as well. It was either this or the er-101.

There are still a few key features that I'm not sure is there, but let's see.

I'm still in doubt of my decision to go with this over er-101, but what made me go with the eloquencer:

1) Editing seems quick and intuitive with pressing a button for the step you want and the screen gives visual feedback

2) The random features seems just spot on for me

3) "Build-in" interface for muting, changing parts etc

4) For the er-101 to handle parts it needs the er-102 which is more $ and HP
nectarios
Daisuk wrote:
Mr. Green Anyone want my Varigate 8? Haha.

Anyone who wants a Modcan Touch Sequencer v1.2, just hit me up hihi

Damn...so much want for this sequencer...
nickbaba
Loving the look of this - very interested. Apologies if I've missed this mentioned elsewhere, but can this do the CV/Gate Tie thing that the Stillson Mkii can do?
eg CV values are muted (won't update) until the next active Gate.
MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index -> Eurorack Modules Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4 ... 50, 51, 52  Next [all]
Page 3 of 52