MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index
 FAQ & Terms of UseFAQ & Terms Of Use   Wiggler RadioMW Radio   Muff Wiggler TwitterTwitter   Support the site @ PatreonPatreon 
 SearchSearch   RegisterSign up   Log inLog in 
WIGGLING 'LITE' IN GUEST MODE

Winter Modular Eloquencer Sequencer
MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index -> Eurorack Modules Goto page 1, 2, 3 ... 28, 29, 30  Next [all]
Author Winter Modular Eloquencer Sequencer
Daisuk
Winter Modular - Eloquencer
https://www.facebook.com/wintermodular/?fref=ts

Inputs and Outputs:
- 8 V/oct CV Output
- 8 Trigger / Gate Output
- Reset Input
- External Clock Input (configurable. i.e: can be used as a clock divider / multiplier)
- Accent Output (configurable)
- Clock Output (configurable. i.e: can be used as a clock divider / multiplier)
- 2 CV Input (assignable to different parameters)
Main Features:
- Pattern lenght independent for each track and pattern
- Gate probability independent for each step
- CV, CV Probability, and CV Probability Range adjustable for each step or track.
- Gate Lenght, Gate Probability, and Gate Probability Range adjustable for each step or track.
- Ratcheting Type, Ratcheting Type probability, and Ratcheting Type Range adjustable for each step or track.
- Tempo and shuffle adjust
- CV Outputs quantizable in tone / scale
- Different step modes ( ping pong, 3f2b...) independent for each track and pattern.
- Fill in mode (pressing the track button will increase a desired amount of probability of any of the parameters).
- Quantized Live recording (Cvs and Gates)
- Song Mode (For arranging patterns)
- LFO Mode
- Mute Mode
- Integrated microSD card reader to save projects, do back ups of your projects, and have different cards with different sets.
- Open Source - the program can be modified using the Arduino IDE and a USB cable.
- and more...

Quote:
Winter modular Will be under 500€ without taxes

---

woah
The Art Of Sound
This looks like an excellent spec list..

If I was in the market for another sequencer then this seems to have all the main functionality I look for from one...

Especially of interest to me would be the Random/Probability features... the dual Gate/V-oct outputs... ratcheting.... and easy Micro SD access and storage.

ETA appears to be sometime after Superbooth in April... according to their FB page.
oranginafiend
love seems like the lovechild of a voltage block, stillson hammer, and er-101
hawkfuzz
That could be fun.
miles_macquarrie
This looks great. I've realized that I have a sequencer problem. Currently using Metropolis, Rene, Kilpatrick Carbon, and AD sequencer 1. I just really love sequencers and I certainly think I could fall in love with this. Really feature packed for that price.
lamouette/rck
It is a 16step lengh max ?
Hi5
Interested
The Art Of Sound
lamouette/rck wrote:

Yes but with Song mode to extend that as needed
mopoco
looking forward for the first demos.
this thing looks soooo "smart"... Miley Cyrus
burnn_out!
I was on the fence about keeping the stillson hammer but not anymore. Daddy like
atte
I'm waiting for my er-101, if this one was available, demoed and bug free I might go for it. But I can't wait...

Looking forward to seeing this in action, though, looks amazing!
Daisuk
I really dig the varigate 8 and voltage block combo, but really need to try this one out. Looks pretty much perfect on paper. I wonder how long patterns you can have though.
bkbirge
Needs another row of 16 outs for gate at each step.
kingcons
That's 38hp of love
Mikeyg3k
Would LOVE to see some demos. Congrats guys, looks slick.
Armstrb
miles_macquarrie wrote:
This looks great. I've realized that I have a sequencer problem. Currently using Metropolis, Rene, Kilpatrick Carbon, and AD sequencer 1. I just really love sequencers and I certainly think I could fall in love with this. Really feature packed for that price.

I have the same problem. I can't help but buy sequencers and trigger modules.
gonner
I would buy this right now.
happyham
these sequencers just keep getting better. had never heard of this company. if this is their first release, they're coming into euro with a bang.
atte
What I'd like know is:
* can each track run at different clock divisions/multiplications
* how does it handle switching patterns manually, is there a wait for pattern before switch setting, and can one track be the master here so that other track in the middle of a pattern switches when master is done with its pattern
enoughframes
Hi all !
I'm Eloi from Winter Modular. Sorry to leave your questions here unattended, I wasn't aware of this post, intense days...
Before start I want to thank all the people that has helped me or encourage me to build this little monster, specially BEFACO crew and Andreas from ENDORPHIN.ES

lamouette/rck wrote:

It has a maximum of 16 steps with different information in each step for each pattern. As @The Art Of Sound answers you can do a song chaining patterns.
There's another possibility, you can define the pattern length (now can be defined between 1 and 64) and when this counter reaches its end it will reset all the tracks at its beggining (depending on track length and step mode settings that can be independent per track and pattern). This is related with another question:

atte wrote:
What I'd like know is:
* how does it handle switching patterns manually, is there a wait for pattern before switch setting, and can one track be the master here so that other track in the middle of a pattern switches when master is done with its pattern

There are two configurable types of switching:
1) Direct: it change pattern in the next step
2) End of pattern : It changes pattern at the end of the pattern. ok... but... ¿when is the end of the pattern if we have different track lengths? You can decide which of the 8 tracks is the master track, when it reaches its end will reset all other tracks, or will jump to the next pattern. Or you can choose an alternative global counter that can go from 1 to 64 so when it reaches the end will reset all tracks or jump to the next pattern.

I'll try to do a very quick video to explain this master track thing

atte wrote:
What I'd like know is:

It is planned to do, but it's not done yet. By now what we have is a step mode, called "repeat", that can repeat steps in a track a certain amount of times. So you define the step mode "repeat" with quantity 8 in track 1, track 1 will change step every 8 clock tics, but will output 8 gates . It's not exactly the same as track clock division but it's also a very usefull tool. Anyway, what you are asking is on the list.

I add some other questions that have been answer in the facebook page.

Store capacity
By now you can store 128 projects, each project has 64 patterns and 2 songs. So in general terms you can store 8192 patterns, and 256 songs in one microSD card. You can have as many microSD cards as you want, so the answer might be... A lot! smile To make a back up you only have to copy the content of the SD card.

Ratchet
In terms of clock divisions in each step, ratchet in our case, you can do doublet or triplet in each step, or doublets or triplets with silences. Something like:
XXX
XX-
X-X
--X
-XX
XX
-X

Clock in / out
The input clock and the output clock can be divided or multiplied to adapt to other modules

Copy / paste / duplicate / clear
These edition tool can be use selectively, you can copy and paste an entire pattern, or you can only copy/paste the CV values, or the Gate values... same for clear.

It has to be decided, but the code will be open source, so it will be posible to modify or update firmware using the microUSB connector (in the board) and the Arduino IDE.

I'm sorry! we don't have a proper demo yet. We are waiting to have the faceplates to do so.

We will try to answer all your questions, but, as I'm sure you understand, our first priority is to have this thing fully working, bug free, and full of modular hapiness. So forgive us if we are not the fastest answering questions.

Many thanks for all these nice comments you have done!

Eloi

P.D: yes ! the name started as a joke (eloi + sequencer = eloquencer) but.. who can change the name of a beloved creature?
Daisuk
Fucking hell, this will be a beast! Sign me up! SlayerBadger! thanks for chiming in, enoughframes. smile
hyena
enoughframes wrote:
Hi all !
I'm Eloi from Winter Modular. Sorry to leave your questions here unattended, I wasn't aware of this post, intense days...
Before start I want to thank all the people that has helped me or encourage me to build this little monster, specially BEFACO crew and Andreas from ENDORPHIN.ES

lamouette/rck wrote:

It has a maximum of 16 steps with different information in each step for each pattern. As @The Art Of Sound answers you can do a song chaining patterns.
There's another possibility, you can define the pattern length (now can be defined between 1 and 64) and when this counter reaches its end it will reset all the tracks at its beggining (depending on track length and step mode settings that can be independent per track and pattern). This is related with another question:

atte wrote:
What I'd like know is:

There are two configurable types of switching:
1) Direct: it change pattern in the next step
2) End of pattern : It changes pattern at the end of the pattern. ok... but... ¿when is the end of the pattern if we have different track lengths? You can decide which of the 8 tracks is the master track, when it reaches its end will reset all other tracks, or will jump to the next pattern. Or you can choose an alternative global counter that can go from 1 to 64 so when it reaches the end will reset all tracks or jump to the next pattern.

I'll try to do a very quick video to explain this master track thing

atte wrote:
What I'd like know is:

It is planned to do, but it's not done yet. By now what we have is a step mode, called "repeat", that can repeat steps in a track a certain amount of times. So you define the step mode "repeat" with quantity 8 in track 1, track 1 will change step every 8 clock tics, but will output 8 gates . It's not exactly the same as track clock division but it's also a very usefull tool. Anyway, what you are asking is on the list.

I add some other questions that have been answer in the facebook page.

Store capacity
By now you can store 128 projects, each project has 64 patterns and 2 songs. So in general terms you can store 8192 patterns, and 256 songs in one microSD card. You can have as many microSD cards as you want, so the answer might be... A lot! smile To make a back up you only have to copy the content of the SD card.

Ratchet
In terms of clock divisions in each step, ratchet in our case, you can do doublet or triplet in each step, or doublets or triplets with silences. Something like:
XXX
XX-
X-X
--X
-XX
XX
-X

Clock in / out
The input clock and the output clock can be divided or multiplied to adapt to other modules

Copy / paste / duplicate / clear
These edition tool can be use selectively, you can copy and paste an entire pattern, or you can only copy/paste the CV values, or the Gate values... same for clear.

It has to be decided, but the code will be open source, so it will be posible to modify or update firmware using the microUSB connector (in the board) and the Arduino IDE.

I'm sorry! we don't have a proper demo yet. We are waiting to have the faceplates to do so.

We will try to answer all your questions, but, as I'm sure you understand, our first priority is to have this thing fully working, bug free, and full of modular hapiness. So forgive us if we are not the fastest answering questions.

Many thanks for all these nice comments you have done!

Eloi

P.D: yes ! the name started as a joke (eloi + sequencer = eloquencer) but.. who can change the name of a beloved creature?

very nice! the pattern change behaviour seems really similar to the one in the octatrack when diff track lengths are involved, which i find super flexible! well done!
enoughframes
The promised video explanation.
Done very quickly. At the end I forget to activate the song mode, after some seconds of thinking "shit! not a bug now in my first video !!!" I realise that I have to activate the song mode and everything starts to work smile

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0ugzYXkFEsU
mooneh
Can you change for example the CV and Gate length with the knobs on the bottom or are they just buttons? How long can a steps Gate length be?
Timmy
enoughframes wrote:
The promised video explanation.
Done very quickly. At the end I forget to activate the song mode, after some seconds of thinking "shit! not a bug now in my first video !!!" I realise that I have to activate the song mode and everything starts to work smile

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0ugzYXkFEsU

Are any details of the technical specifications available? That looks like a massive MPU in the video, half hidden behind the OLED. Is that a 168 or 216 pin package? Could it be an STM32F7?? Also curious about the DAC used in the design.
MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index -> Eurorack Modules Goto page 1, 2, 3 ... 28, 29, 30  Next [all]
Page 1 of 30