MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index
 FAQ & Terms of UseFAQ & Terms Of Use   Wiggler RadioMW Radio   Muff Wiggler TwitterTwitter   Support the site @ PatreonPatreon 
 SearchSearch   RegisterSign up   Log inLog in 
WIGGLING 'LITE' IN GUEST MODE

New semi-modular synthesizer
MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index -> General Gear  
Author New semi-modular synthesizer
ocs
Hello,

I'm glad to announce that the OCS-2 synthesizer is ready!

OCS-2 is a digital, semi-modular, analogue style synthesizer.
Small, but very powerful and flexible, it provides an incredible sound quality.
Dedicated to knob addicts, this synthesizer is full of features that define its own unique sound.

Why is it so special?

First, the sound quality is impressive. This is not a cheap 8 or 16 bits synthesizer : it implements state of the art audio synthesis algorithms.
OCS-2 provides a lot more than a modern dual oscillator monosynth. There are a lot of unique features :

30 control knobs
Few atypical waveforms with incredible fat sound
LFO that can continuously change waveform
A CV generator with different algorithms to generate random to rythmic modulation
4 audio effects
A very powerful digital connection matrix
A light sensor to control sound with hand gesture
Software customization
Very compact
Eurorack compatible (50HP)
Incredible sound quality

What is inside?

2 VCO providing 15 different waveforms
1 VCF : multi-mode, including a 24db/octave low pass resonant filter
1 VCA
1 ADSR
3 LFO : 2 with configurable waveform, 1 with CV frequency control
1 custom CV generator with 4 algorithms : Attack Release, dual LFO, Random, Step
1 audio effects processor with 4 effects : Distortion, Delay, Bitcrush, Waveshaper
1 ring modulator
1 CV controlled mixer for VCO1 and VCO2
2 octaves keyboard with portamento
1 digital matrix to connect signals to modulation faders
1 stereo line-IN with envelope follower and gate control
1 MIDI input : note / velocity / pitch bend / modulation wheel / control change
3 analogue CV IN and 1 GATE IN
1 light sensor

Find more informations the website:
nozoïd

Cyrille Henry / Nozoïd
Nelson Baboon
LOL. I like the looks of this. I can't listen right now, but I'll take a listen to some of the audio on your site later.

I'm actually thrilled by the fact that it's digital. I think that digital is the future of modular/semi-modular, and really opens things up.

I might just have enough cash left if I like the attitude of the demos...
Nelson Baboon
I'm insane. Just ordered using a credit card. Damn.
tim gueguen
Looks like a cousin to the Pocket Operators.
Fiddlestickz
Very nice sound.
Zerius
Really impressive woah
rozzbud
It sounds incredible for a digital synth.
a100user
Sounds great and good price.
mome rath
looks/sounds rad

hope you sell billions !
Nelson Baboon
Mine should be arriving in a few days. I'll certainly post my impressions in this thread.
hairbow
After the 0-Coast I was hoping for something more interesting than an east coast synth with nothing new to offer cry
Nelson Baboon
hairbow wrote:
After the 0-Coast I was hoping for something more interesting than an east coast synth with nothing new to offer cry

the 0-coast is new because of the "small rugged steel enclosure"?
orangehexagon
hairbow wrote:

the 0-coast is just as east coast as the OCS-2. make noise just presents the parameters differently and put some funky graphics on the panel to make you think it's more unique than it really is.

not to discredit the 0-coast, it's an awesome piece of gear and has some cool features, but it's not revolutionary or as special as a lot of people make it out to be.

the 0-coast and the OCS-2 are both subtractive synths... if you can't coax something interesting out of the OCS-2, then maybe it's your imagination that's not interesting. seriously, i just don't get it
orangehexagon
also, with the light sensor and the fact that it's easily hackable / open source...

i gotta say this is more interested than the 0-coast
hairbow
orangehexagon wrote:
hairbow wrote:

the 0-coast is just as east coast as the OCS-2. make noise just presents the parameters differently and put some funky graphics on the panel to make you think it's more unique than it really is.

not to discredit the 0-coast, it's an awesome piece of gear and has some cool features, but it's not revolutionary or as special as a lot of people make it out to be.

the 0-coast and the OCS-2 are both subtractive synths... if you can't coax something interesting out of the OCS-2, then maybe it's your imagination that's not interesting. seriously, i just don't get it

low pass gate, loopable envelopes, wave folding ... all of that is in the 0-coast and is not present in the OSC2.
Nelson Baboon
hairbow wrote:
orangehexagon wrote:
hairbow wrote:

low pass gate, loopable envelopes, wave folding ... all of that is in the 0-coast and is not present in the OSC2.

oooooh - those were just invented? Cool.you, of course have used the ocs-2, and have had experience with the actual workflow, and sound, and its various features. I'm jealous - I ordered on the first day it was available, and mine won't be here for a few days.
orangehexagon
hairbow wrote:
orangehexagon wrote:
hairbow wrote:

The OSC-2 has waveshaping. Wave folding is one variety of a waveshaper.

A low pass gate is nothing more than a filter, envelope, and vca combo.

With it's open source software, you could easily introduce looping envelopes plus much much much more!
orangehexagon
ocs looking forward to trying one out in person sometime. From the looks of the documentation and the demos, this seems ace. SlayerBadger! congrats!
NewNewRon
Nelson Baboon wrote:
I'm insane. Just ordered using a credit card. Damn.

You're not insane.
Nelson Baboon
wow - looks like the package has already made it to San Francisco, so I should be receiving it on Tuesday or Wednesday (if usps is slow about it).
estin
wow, this thing sounds amazing. Was not expecting what I heard in the demo. Amazing synth for drones love
Nelson Baboon
i've spent a couple of hours with it these evening.

very rough impressions.

The sound is strong and industrial. I think that someone who bought this to make melodic music, and/or pretty sounds, would get frustrated.

While I'm sure someone could disabuse me of this comparison, the one that comes to mind is the polygamist. strong sound, but not precise enough in the traditional sense to do the traditional synth thing, but very directed and great for more noise/experimental timbral exploration. It has much more precision, however, than your usual noise box, and therefore it is easier to make patches on the border of tonal and chaotic, and vary that.

the filter has character, I think. I played a synth through it and it certainly added character. the synth has a fine filter itself (modal 001) but the filter on this is stronger, the resonance get more gnarly, and I really liked the combo.

because of its compact nature, it is definitely a rtfm affair. Thus far I'm finding the logic of the commands to be rather easy, and I don't think I'll be needing to consult the manual too much in the future. But the manual is awful. Much of this is that the author doesn't speak English well, and that's fine. On the other hand, it is logical enough that I've been figuring stuff out despite this.

I've spent just a fraction of the time necessary to learn this as an instrument. But thus far I am rather confident that I will use it somewhat frequently in my music.

I'm not someone who prefers synths because they are analog. I'm very pleased with the sound of this. does it sound analog? does it sound digital? I don't know how to answer that - you could definitely convince me that it's analog, judging from the way that the filter shapes the sound. But I don't care. I think it sounds great. Emphasis again on the warning to those who want to play melodic stuff on it.

the sound seems to go very well with external fx in varying amounts, or dry. (well, I've been using its delay effect)
DougD
Thanks for the review Nelson. Intriguing sound, it has an EML sort of vibe.
Nelson Baboon
I'll also say that I LOVE the way it distorts. Now, it's digital, and (not sure) I may have gotten it to distort in that bad digital way once or twice, but I was too hell bent on getting it to freak out to really pay much attention.

but what I really like is that at times it sounds like it's playing through a distortion pedal or something. I had to check - is this sound coming from me overdriving the mixer? Is it coming from something else? No - it was the ocs, and at times it sounded like it was directly communicating with my speakers - that kind of distortion that seems to make stuff shake in weird ways. I'm not sure at this point what gets me there - is it resonance, modulation of the oscillators, internal level staging, magic? I'm really looking forward to more time spent with this.

In the cold light of day, the kind of sound that seems to come easily on it (which will be very useful for me) is industrial type repeated patterns. I haven't succeeded yet in devising patches with modulation that evolve over time, but I think that this is a matter of technique, and I'll be working more with that. Right now I have it set up right in front of the fenix, which I'm using to modulate it.

hey - I didn't see this in the manuals, or elsewhere - hoping I missed it, or that this can be added. Can the various functions be modulated by midi controllers? that would be nice, and preclude setting the modulations up in the matrix (which is admittedly pretty benign, but if controlling from a midi sequencer, the more direct control would be very nice here)
Hans-g
seems interesting
Nelson Baboon
i'll comment again on the sound.

I think it's fantastic. again, first impressions, which can always be biased in various ways....i recommend this so highly to more experimental, noise based musicians. that's not really saying that it can't be used in other ways. I'm basing this recommendation on how the sound just seems to jump out, especially when used with other sounds. There is just something substantial there.....
ocs
Nelson Baboon wrote:
Can the various functions be modulated by midi controllers?

Yes, they are. We discuss this by mail, but i just add it here for future reference in the forum.
ocs
For Parisian people, i'll be there:
https://www.synthevent.co/initiation-au-synthe-modulaire
Sunday afternoon.
I hope to see some of you there for a live demo!
JP555
Thank you for the honest review Nelson! I appreciate you specifying how it might not be best suited for those looking for more basic melody making, but great for experimenting
Nelson Baboon
JP555 wrote:
Thank you for the honest review Nelson! I appreciate you specifying how it might not be best suited for those looking for more basic melody making, but great for experimenting

i just want to emphasize that I generally don't even try to make melodies when I get a synth...so, it is actually rather likely that this can be used on the cusp of melody/chaos very well. I was talking with a friend and mentioned that this might actually work splendidly for gnarly bass lines, etc. and even prettier type passages - I just don't make these kinds of sounds (do I even know how to make them?). But I mean, you pick up a Virus, and you can tell right out of the box that it is primarily a melody/pad instrument, and that you have to work to really deviate from that. This moved me immediately in a different direction.

It will be interesting to hear what other people come up with on this, and maybe they will release some tracks. At some point (maybe this weekend) I'll put up some tracks with just this, and probably some fx afterwards.
Nelson Baboon
ocs wrote:
Nelson Baboon wrote:
Can the various functions be modulated by midi controllers?

Yes, they are. We discuss this by mail, but i just add it here for future reference in the forum.

hah - yes. You politely pointed out to me that the specs for this were right there in the manual.

One note on the midi control that you mentioned to me via email, but I'll repeat here. The controller value ADDS to the value that is set on the machine. I think that usually (?) with synths with cc control, the value is an absolute one....so here, if you have the value set to a high one, you'll get little or no reaction from the synth. I think that's why I've had partial success with midi controllers thus far, but I will try again later armed with this knowledge.
ocs
Nelson Baboon wrote:
One note on the midi control that you mentioned to me via email, but I'll repeat here. The controller value ADDS to the value that is set on the machine. I think that usually (?) with synths with cc control, the value is an absolute one....so here, if you have the value set to a high one, you'll get little or no reaction from the synth. I think that's why I've had partial success with midi controllers thus far, but I will try again later armed with this knowledge.

Yes, I choose this because you can create a loop of CC value send in MIDI and still play with the faders...
Sending an absolute value in MIDI result in disconnecting complettly the fader.
ocs
Nelson Baboon wrote:
The sound is strong and industrial. I think that someone who bought this to make melodic music, and/or pretty sounds, would get frustrated.

OK, i'm not objective here.
It's clear that this synth was design for experimental music, so fader react very quickly, but i think it's not very hard to have nice and clean melodic sound.

To be faire, the only problem a keyboard player will face is the lack of a "fine tune" fader.
Nelson Baboon
another thing that fooled me (another rtfm, I guess) is that I wasn't able to get midi controllers working before I discovered in the manual that for the controllers that map to all of the functions, it's hard wired to channel 2.
Nelson Baboon
just posting some notes here for the next person who is trying to figure out this instrument. again - it's all very logical. I have no problems with the interface, which to my mind is very cleverly designed.

While I tend to make rather noisy patches/music, I usually like to start out with a basic patch and then mess with it. I couldn't figure out why reloading the 'factory' patches was now giving me a very noisy sounding patch, no matter which preset I loaded.

I realized that, because of the facts that the knob positions are active when you reload a patch, it might sound very different from when it was saved. In this case, turning the modulation knobs all totally counterclockwise gave me the basic 'init' patch that I remember.

really basic stuff, but baboons are sometimes kind of slow.
Kernelkunt
Im impressed by the sound demos. Can the line out drive a pair of headphones?
ocs
Kernelkunt wrote:

Yes. It's not as loud as a headphone out, but it works.
UndercoverBrother
Got this little guy (actually 1/3 bigger than I thought) yesterday so no in depth review but after a couple hours of noodling, I can add some praise as well. It's very versatile and takes you to many differents places without losing character, filters sound great and the waveforms give lots of possibilities.
The OCS-2 Sounds brilliant whether you want noisy or melodic material.

But my favourite part is the interface actually, it's clever and makes it easy to dial in sound design ideas; you don't need the manual much once you read it carefully. Front panel is well labeled, that's all you need ! And internal modulation is pretty deep.

It's going to be a central piece in my setup I believe

jupiter8
Sounds really cool,i like it.
ocs
hello,

If you are near Paris this Saturday, you can came to "la machine du moulin rouge" : there will be lot's of nice stuff!

I'll be there to present the OCS-2 synth. I'll also have a prototype of the next synth i'll make.

https://www.facebook.com/events/293987777670995/
Corbeau
I'll definitely try to stop by and check it out, ocs! This synth looks and sounds awesome. Love the form factor too.

Any hints you can share about the new prototype? woah
Unborn Gore
Corbeau wrote:

Yes, I think I may be much more interested in the new one also.
ocs
Corbeau wrote:

I'll have one Saturday, so you will be able to test it.

For now, I have 2 design working :
the MMO-4 (4oscilators and 1 LFO), and the MMO-3 (3 oscillators and 3 LFO).
I think the MMO-4 is the ultimate drone machine, but the MMO-3 is almost as good for drones, but have a wider sound range.
here is a picture of the front face of the MMO-3:

All informations and documentation about the MMO-4 is on the nozoïd website.
The MMO-3 is almost similar, but differences are :
- only 3 oscillators
- modulation between oscillators can be : AM, FM, PM or WS (an custom wave-shaping technique)
- 3 complex LFO : 1 with parametric WF and the 2 other offer 5 originals algorithm providing very complex WF.

I'll make more documentation soon about this LFOs.

Please tell me what you think
Unborn Gore
Damn. Very intrigued with the proposed capabilities of the MMO-3. Drone+wave-shaping from digital oscillators is going to compliment a lot of rigs.

Thanks for the update, ocs. These machines look so fun!
neuroportal
The more I hear this the more I am itching to buy one.

Anyone got any more demos?

What is the build quality like?
Kernelkunt
ocs wrote:
Kernelkunt wrote:

Yes. It's not as loud as a headphone out, but it works.

Cool. Do you get a high quality sound output when using headphones (i.e. full bass response, clear high end etc.)?
neuroportal
I ordered one.

It sounds exciting.
ocs
neuroportal wrote:
The more I hear this the more I am itching to buy one.

Anyone got any more demos?

What is the build quality like?

I did not made lot's of video, but there is lot's of sound demo on the website.

About the buid quality : they are all handmade - with love - in Paris!
ocs
Kernelkunt wrote:
Cool. Do you get a high quality sound output when using headphones (i.e. full bass response, clear high end etc.)?

I did not like working with headphone, but I have a DT 990 pro : the impedance is high, so everything is perfect.
ocs
neuroportal wrote:
I ordered one.

It sounds exciting.

I post it this morning. You should have it in 3 to 5 days.
neuroportal
I got the email. smile

Thank you for sorting this so quickly! I look forward to getting it....
Kernelkunt
Would like to hear a few more demos of this little synth. Sounds interesting so far
ocs
Kernelkunt wrote:
Would like to hear a few more demos of this little synth. Sounds interesting so far

all official videos are there:
https://vimeo.com/nozoid

On the website, there is a dozen of sound examples :
http://nozoid.com/ocs-2/

there is also videos on instagram :
https://www.instagram.com/nozoid_synth/
but the recording is not always good.
neuroportal
This is an incredible little synth...
neuroportal
Just a quick recording - sorry about the clipping at some points. I was in a hurry. Completely self modulated and any effect is just the OSC3

[soundcloud url="https://api.soundcloud.com/tracks/312717004" params="auto_play=false&hide_related=false&show_comments=true&show_use r=true&show_reposts=false&visual=true" width="100%" height="450" iframe="true" /]
neuroportal
Ok - my thoughts.

This thing is fun. This is important to me, because if it isn't fun, I won't experiment as much. This loves experimentation. The sound quality seems, so far, excellent. The interface layout shows a lot of forethought.

The intermodulation possibilities are almost modular like. The menu, initially, had me non-plussed, but I quickly worked out how it worked which shows the very logical approach. I would even say elegant.

Very quickly you can dial in complicated textures and the ease of routing modulaion options means you try everything just to see what happens.

If you aren't into modular, get one.
If you are into modular, get one.
If you are thinking of maybe going into modular - this is a great choice. Get one.
If you don't have one, get one.

Very well done.

If I could make changes - the pots are not really damped - or at least very lightly. This makes it very hard for fine adjustments. TBH - I like the oak enclosure, but I feel that a full enclosure with damped pots would be a complete sensory nirvana. BUt then I guess, at increased cost.

Oh - a simple 8/16 step, transposable sequencer setup would be awesome - judging by the software nature of the beast, something that may be possible in the future?
oldgearguy
Question - is there any way to determine the current modulation routings?

I've been looking at the videos and I see how they are assigned and amounts adjusted, but I haven't seen any way to determine what's currently routed where.

thanks
neuroportal
Yep - you hold the button down of the source, and an indicator lights on the function that it is modulated by.
oldgearguy
neuroportal wrote:
Yep - you hold the button down of the source, and an indicator lights on the function that it is modulated by.

Cool - thanks for that. It definitely looks like a fun machine.
Kernelkunt
neuroportal wrote:
Ok - my thoughts.

This thing is fun. This is important to me, because if it isn't fun, I won't experiment as much. This loves experimentation. The sound quality seems, so far, excellent. The interface layout shows a lot of forethought.

The intermodulation possibilities are almost modular like. The menu, initially, had me non-plussed, but I quickly worked out how it worked which shows the very logical approach. I would even say elegant.

Very quickly you can dial in complicated textures and the ease of routing modulaion options means you try everything just to see what happens.

If you are thinking of maybe going into modular - this is a great choice. Get one.

Very well done.

If I could make changes - the pots are not really damped - or at least very lightly. This makes it very hard for fine adjustments. TBH - I like the oak enclosure, but I feel that a full enclosure with damped pots would be a complete sensory nirvana. BUt then I guess, at increased cost.

Oh - a simple 8/16 step, transposable sequencer setup would be awesome - judging by the software nature of the beast, something that may be possible in the future?

Thanks for the write up. Liked the demo you posted too
Kernelkunt
A question for those of you who got your hands on of these;
From the documentation it seems LFO3 and the CV generator can be used to generate patterns/sequences. Can these somehow be clocked/synced using MIDI or CV?
ocs
neuroportal wrote:
Ok - my thoughts.

Very well done.

Thanks for your enthusiasm and for posting your opinion and the demo.

About the pots : Prince of faders can vary a lot's and it's a big cost on a machine with 30 of them.
The best sensation I had was with very cheap pots from china. But I choosed to use more expensive pots from a known manufacturer hoping they will last longer. I guess we will see in 10 years if I made the right choice.

For the sequencer, it's possible to add one in the software. but it will break the "1 fader -> 1 function" philosophy.
I did not manage to find a good way to include a sequencer, but if someone came up with satisfying idea, I can program it and offer a software update.
ocs
Kernelkunt wrote:
A question for those of you who got your hands on of these;
From the documentation it seems LFO3 and the CV generator can be used to generate patterns/sequences. Can these somehow be clocked/synced using MIDI or CV?

LFO and CV Gen are not sync with midi clock. But you are the 3rd asking for this, so it's the next update on my todo list.
Anyway, if you are using midi, it's easy to generate a CC sequence / loop, and use it as modulation instead of the analogue CV.
neuroportal
"Thanks for your enthusiasm and for posting your opinion and the demo.

Thank you for creating this lovely synth!

"About the pots : Prince of faders can vary a lot's and it's a big cost on a machine with 30 of them.
The best sensation I had was with very cheap pots from china. But I choosed to use more expensive pots from a known manufacturer hoping they will last longer. I guess we will see in 10 years if I made the right choice."

I noticed you had chosen ALPS. I wasn't stating the quality was there, more a case of the damping from the point of view of, say fine tuning.

"For the sequencer, it's possible to add one in the software. but it will break the "1 fader -> 1 function" philosophy.
I did not manage to find a good way to include a sequencer, but if someone came up with satisfying idea, I can program it and offer a software update."

This was on a 'in a perfect world' scenario. The User Interface/Experience is remarkable. I appreciate that adding the ability to program in a sequence would be doable but at the cost of subverting the current UX, and also would never meet the capabilities of a simple outboard sequencer. So in reality - if you were going to make updates, the ability to to sync lfo and cv gen would make far more sense.

I hope I didn't detract from the fact that this is an amazing product and it deserves to do very well indeed.
Kernelkunt
ocs wrote:

LFO and CV Gen are not sync with midi clock. But you are the 3rd asking for this, so it's the next update on my todo list.

Very cool!
tron23
Kernelkunt wrote:
ocs wrote:

Very cool!

Another vote for this feature (speaking on behalf of a close friend who got the OSC2). Guinness ftw!
ocs
tron23 wrote:
Kernelkunt wrote:
ocs wrote:

Very cool!

Another vote for this feature (speaking on behalf of a close friend who got the OSC2). Guinness ftw!

Ok!
Due to popular demand,I implemented a LFO MIDI syncro.
I'm not very experienced with MIDI synchro so tell me what you think.

Since there is no switch to enable / disable the synchro, I choose to sync only 1 LFO.
The LFO3 is more dedicated on rhythmic generation, so it's logic that it's the only one to be synchronized.

As soon as MIDI syncro signal (F8) is received : the LFO3 synchronize on this signal. Few seconds after you stop sending the syncro, or unplug the cable, the LF03 frequency goes back to a non synchro mode.

During the synchro mode, the LFO FQ fader change the frequency to 1/16, 1/8, 1/4, 1/2, 1, 2, 4 or 8 times the frequency of a MIDI note.
i.e, at 120 bpm, a MIDI note is 500ms, so the LFO frequency can vary from 8s to 16Hz.

I need to test this code a bit more, Then I'll try to find any easy way to update users OCS-2. But all new OCS-2 that I'll ship will be updated.
naegleria
Hey! How many preset slots does this have?
ocs
naegleria wrote:
Hey! How many preset slots does this have?

ocs
ocs wrote:
I need to test this code a bit more

I order a SQ-1, so that i can test the syncro.
Unborn Gore
ocs wrote:

Looks like your SQ-1 tests have been fruitful.

https://vimeo.com/214202355
Unborn Gore
Question:

On your news feed you mention that the MMO-4 evolved to become the MMO-3. Are you still going to release both?
scottmoon
Looks like a lot of fun in a small package. Curious if those are knob caps on the pot shafts and where you got them? The pots seem similar to some of the Folktek euro modules.
ocs
Unborn Gore wrote:
ocs wrote:

Looks like your SQ-1 tests have been fruitful.

https://vimeo.com/214202355

yes, everything works!
All OCS-2 will now be shipped with the updated code.
sorry I did not had time to post here earlier.

After the release of the MMO-3 (I hope in 2 weeks), I will work on an easy way for a user to update the code.
Currently, you need to install the arduino development environment in order to update the code.
ocs
Unborn Gore wrote:
Question:

On your news feed you mention that the MMO-4 evolved to become the MMO-3. Are you still going to release both?

The MMO-3 have a wider sound range then the MMO-4, so I started a production batch of the MMO-3 only. If someone wants a MMO-4, I think I can build few of them.
ocs
scottmoon wrote:
Looks like a lot of fun in a small package.

and a very small price ;-)

scottmoon wrote:
Curious if those are knob caps on the pot shafts and where you got them? The pots seem similar to some of the Folktek euro modules.

I design the pot and 3d print them using a Selective laser sintering (not a crappy Fused deposition modeling). Then, they are inked in black. I cut a small piece of plastic to create the white marker.
They are glued to the fader for a good grip.
ArboriaAuralist
ocs wrote:

and a very small price ;-)

Definitely! Still, I'm personally gonna have to save up thanks to the UK's crappy post-Brexit exchange rate. :(

ocs wrote:

I design the pot and 3d print them using a Selective laser sintering (not a crappy Fused deposition modeling). Then, they are inked in black. I cut a small piece of plastic to create the white marker.
They are glued to the fader for a good grip.

Now that's some good thinking there.
olix
I'm curious about the MMO-3 hyper
Unborn Gore
olix wrote:

Me too. I want to see a demo bad.
ocs
ArboriaAuralist wrote:
Now that's some good thinking there.

that's not the most complex thing in this synth! ;-)
ocs
Unborn Gore wrote:
olix wrote:

I put few video of the proto there :
https://vimeo.com/album/4565418/

I'm actually working on a "tutorial" video, and on the documentation.
I will solder a first batch next week. It should be ready in 1 or 2 week!
ocs
Unborn Gore wrote:
olix wrote:

I just put a presentation video online :
http://nozoid.com/mmo-3/
Unborn Gore
ocs wrote:

I just put a presentation video online :
http://nozoid.com/mmo-3/

Hot damn. That is a capable machine. Awesome drone possibilities.

I loved the external audio modulation. You only used one oscillator, can all three modulate incoming audio simultaneously?
ocs
Unborn Gore wrote:
Hot damn. That is a capable machine. Awesome drone possibilities.

I loved the external audio modulation. You only used one oscillator, can all three modulate incoming audio simultaneously?

yes, it's a drone machine, but can also be glitchy, or used to create strange percussive noise.

This video shows only basic modulation in order to be didactic.
So yes, the 3 oscillators are identical. They all 3 admit 3 modulation fader that can be configured as FM/AM/PM or WS. For each fader, the modulation source can be 1 of the oscillator, LFO, CV in, joystick or audio in.
all of this in the same time...

The only difference is that oscillator 1 use audio in Left, oscillator 2 use the centre (L+R/2), and oscillator 3 use audio in Right.

I made a documentation :
http://nozoid.com/wp-content/uploads/2017/05/mmo3.pdf
Unborn Gore
Quote:
The audio in signal can be used in 2 different ways.
• An envelop follower connected to the left input can generate gate signals in order to
easily synchronize the MMO-3 to an other sound machine.
• The audio signal can be used as a modulation source for the oscillators or the joystick.
the “AUDIO IN” modulation source is in fact 2 sources : the left and right signals.
When the audio in is selected to control the oscillator 1, joystick X- or Y- : the left
channel is used. The right channel is used to modulate the oscillator 3, joystick X+ and
Y+. The left and right average is used to modulate oscillator 2.

This is awesome.
Unborn Gore
I'm thinking of pairing it with the Landscape Stereo Field:

https://www.instagram.com/p/BTBziJKl-IB/?taken-by=landscape_fm
ocs
Unborn Gore wrote:
This is awesome.

;-)
Mr. Sound Boy King
ocs wrote:
also be glitchy, or used to create strange percussive noise.

Would love to hear this aspect.
Unborn Gore
Mr. Sound Boy King wrote:
ocs wrote:

This is from his Vimeo channel:

https://vimeo.com/album/4565418/video/215729874
ocs
ocs wrote:

I just made a very glitchy video
https://vimeo.com/album/4565418/video/217702255

and some strange percussive sound
https://vimeo.com/album/4565418/video/217710598

just for you!
pushthatbutton
sounds ace!
it def on my list!

any promo visiting in germany planned?

cheers.
ocs
ocs wrote:

an other percussion video :
https://vimeo.com/217975857
ocs
pushthatbutton wrote:
sounds ace!
it def on my list!

cheers.

thanks!
it's available now. I post an other topic for the MMO-3, so we can keep this pages about the OCS-2.

https://www.muffwiggler.com/forum/viewtopic.php?p=2556880
ocs
pushthatbutton wrote:

No,
any plan for holidays in Paris?
pushthatbutton
ocs wrote:
pushthatbutton wrote:

No,
any plan for holidays in Paris?

will tell you if a booking comes in.
w00t
ocs
Few months after the 1st orders, I'm very glad of all the positive feedback and comments made on the OCS-2 and MMO-3.
Lots of professional and amateur musician are using them to create amazing sounds.

Here is a selection found on social media :

Bogdan Raczynski :
https://www.em411.com/NOZOID-MMO3-DRUMBRUTE-bogdan-story-badk7
https://www.em411.com/Nozoid-Arturia-BRACID-bogdan-story-bad0x

NSDOS :
https://www.instagram.com/p/BWzz-GVjmPs/
https://www.instagram.com/p/BVowNpfFFpW/
https://www.instagram.com/p/BQwK52wDr0-/
https://www.instagram.com/p/BWH_ID_jS0-/
https://www.instagram.com/p/BViO5ETDpR8/
https://www.instagram.com/p/BXV6QXKDyUU/
https://www.instagram.com/p/BW3JMMsjrE7/

Undercoverbrother :
https://www.instagram.com/p/BWgVaVdBr34/
https://www.instagram.com/p/BXdmBuOh0lH/
https://www.instagram.com/p/BXdmfeJhX5N/
https://www.instagram.com/p/BRJcCkCBtpf/
https://www.instagram.com/p/BWV79UbhO_7/
https://www.instagram.com/p/BWE24V0hdub/
https://www.instagram.com/p/BTpgOhJBLQo/
https://www.instagram.com/p/BRgnQNsB4d6/
https://www.instagram.com/p/BRJbu88hizI/

therotten circle :
https://www.facebook.com/100010255893044/videos/493997984285394/
https://www.facebook.com/100010255893044/videos/468852016799991/

amborG :
https://www.instagram.com/p/BQbBYlBB9bv/
https://www.instagram.com/p/BQqnhYIlQf8/
https://www.instagram.com/p/BQa6sYFBTbA/
https://www.facebook.com/nozoidsynth/videos/437553809935228/

neuroportal :
https://soundcloud.com/user-389182197/osc3
https://soundcloud.com/neuroportal/night-freight-train
https://soundcloud.com/neuroportal/waste

dj claim :
https://www.instagram.com/p/BV64P9wAj9a/

seppoG :
https://soundcloud.com/seppog/ocs-2-firstsounds1

Uriel Barthelemi :
http://www.urielbarthelemi.com/floating-cities-loaded-dice/

David Bivins :
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=O-RAszA79U8

If you made a video that is not on this list, please post it here!
(sorry for posting the same link on both OCS-2 and MMO-3 thread)
BTG
Still thinking of getting one - any new products on horizon?
ocs
BTG wrote:
any new products on horizon?

I'm planning a more experimental percussive synth, with feedback and effects, but I did not finish to organize everything. So I did not really start the prototype yet.
I have no idea of the production date...
MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index -> General Gear  
Page 1 of 4