MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index
 FAQ & Terms of UseFAQ & Terms Of Use   Wiggler RadioMW Radio   Muff Wiggler TwitterTwitter   Support the site @ PatreonPatreon 
 SearchSearch   RegisterSign up   Log inLog in 
WIGGLING 'LITE' IN GUEST MODE

Modular in Sacramento???
MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index -> Modular Synth General Discussion Goto page 1, 2  Next [all]
Author Modular in Sacramento???
sauce_aux
Hello!
I'm a bit new to modular, but an avid synth user for years. I've recently dug into eurorack, and have started to build my set up, but the issue is that I ask a lot of questions and really prefer speaking to people, and learning hands on. I'm not at all lost, but it would be really cool if there were people in this area, that were into modular and synthesis, as well. From my research online, I'm the only person with any modular gear in my town... seriously, i just don't get it Dead Banana
I really hope I'm wrong... I'm really just trying to reach out, and see if there are other, wiser users, near me, I could learn from. help

So if you're in the Sacramento area of Northern California, please feel free to drop a line my way. As a disclaimer I will say I'm not completely green to this, just new into modular! I don't want to have to drive to San Francisco every time I want to check out a function generator or a power supply, or just chat for that matter...
commodorejohn
I'm up by Placerville, but I don't own any modular gear. Most of the modular action out here seems to be down in the Bay area.
scottmoon
I know there are others in Sacramento but I can't recall their names right now. I have a couple modular buddies that I jam with up here in Grass Valley/Nevada City. screaming goo yo
noisejockey
It's more evenly distributed than you think. Several of us here in North Bay, spreading up towards Napa. Maybe we should all drive somewhere central (Sac? Davis? Auburn? Equally inconvenient!) and hang...

But yeah, lots of us in SF, and the South Bay scene is anchored by some very active and extremely talented peeps and promoters.
Rabaul
If you're on fb, most of the sacto guys communicate on that over muffs
scottmoon
Rabaul wrote:
If you're on fb, most of the sacto guys communicate on that over muffs

What's the name of the group?
commodorejohn
noisejockey wrote:
It's more evenly distributed than you think. Several of us here in North Bay, spreading up towards Napa. Maybe we should all drive somewhere central (Sac? Davis? Auburn? Equally inconvenient!) and hang...

Hah, that'd be a thing grin All get together in Fairfield and terrify a herd of cows or two lol
dumbledog
I live in Rancho but don't go to meets or anything.

Do we even have a Synth shop here other than like the two Guitar Centers?
scottmoon
I don't think so. Not enough population.
noisejockey
commodorejohn wrote:
Hah, that'd be a thing grin All get together in Fairfield and terrify a herd of cows or two lol

MOOOdular

Crazier things have happened!
commodorejohn
dumbledog wrote:

Not a thing that I've been able to find. The Guitar Center in Sacramento has some synth stuff, but that's it; even the closest Music-Go-Round is in the Bay area. Out here it's guitar shops from horizon to horizon.
Johnisfaster
I live an hour north of Sacramento in a little town called Williams. I've never seen another persons modular in person.
scottmoon
Johnisfaster wrote:
I've never seen another persons modular in person.

They aren't too scary eyes...
dumbledog
What are those eyeballs doing without their tophats
scottmoon
Mark11Audio
dumbledog wrote:
I live in Rancho but don't go to meets or anything.

Heck yeah, there's this great small shop in Oakland right off of HWY 24... they also are a top notch repair shop... they also have great "meet-n-greets" from time to time... Tom Oberheim stopped in the past summer... thumbs up applause thumbs up applause thumbs up

Waveformless
Chrutil
Mark11Audio wrote:
Heck yeah, there's this great small shop in Oakland right off of HWY 24... they also are a top notch repair shop... they also have great "meet-n-greets" from time to time... Tom Oberheim stopped in the past summer... thumbs up applause thumbs up applause thumbs up

Waveformless

Oh wow, I did not know of that one - will definitely have to stop by!
I stopped by Robotspeak in San Francisco last weekend, totally cool place too.
commodorejohn
I've only been down to Waveformless the once, but yeah, it's a great little shop. Need to get over to Robotspeak one of these days...
resynthesize
I'm near sacramento (orangevale) as well.
Rufuss Sewell
I have a new synth based studio here in Auburn. I’d love to start some kind of regular synth meet up.

My contact info is here: Nebulost.com
Dr. Sketch-n-Etch
I grew up in Jackson, which is about 48 miles south of Sacramento. The only relatives I had any interaction with at all live in Sacramento, but we are now estranged, and I don't speak to them anymore, so I no longer have any reason whatsoever to visit Sacramento, California.
scottmoon
[quote="Rufuss Sewell"]I have a new synth based studio here in Auburn. I’d love to start some kind of regular synth meet up.

Nice setup. I'm half way between Auburn and Grass Valley. Let me know if you get anything going. thumbs up

I also have a couple of synth friends up in Nevada City.
charlie-dude
I am in Berkeley, but my family lives in Stockton and I am there from time to time.

Would be good to meet up. Anyone know of any groups, central valley or Bay area?
Chrutil
charlie-dude wrote:
I am in Berkeley, but my family lives in Stockton and I am there from time to time.

Would be good to meet up. Anyone know of any groups, central valley or Bay area?

Hey, yes!!
We do have a modular synth meetup group that usually get together every other Sunday in or around Oakland/Alameda/SF
Every other meeting is an open gettogether where we meet up in a bar, cafe or restaurant and where new people are welcome we plan upcoming meetings and chat.
Then the other meetings are usually at someones studio or other place where only existing members are invited.
We talk about all things synth, modular and DIY.

In fact, we have an open meeting scheduled for this Sunday in Alameda - check it out - would love to see you there!
https://www.meetup.com/BayAreaModularSynthgroup/
Dr. Sketch-n-Etch
Dr. Sketch-n-Etch wrote:
I grew up in Jackson, which is about 48 miles south of Sacramento. The only relatives I had any interaction with at all live in Sacramento, but we are now estranged, and I don't speak to them anymore, so I no longer have any reason whatsoever to visit Sacramento, California.

I believe this post was edited by a mod. Am I hallucinating?
MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index -> Modular Synth General Discussion Goto page 1, 2  Next [all]
Page 1 of 2